Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Thirty

The rest of the school year seemed to fly by in a blur. Things were okay, but I still wanted Caramel back. My Caramel. I missed her deeply. Prom came and went and so did luncheon followed by graduation. Our peers offered us their condolences as we accepted a diploma on her behalf. She was officially a high school graduate. To my surprise Echo had made valedictorian. I didn't understand, but I learned to stop questioning things. That night with them was amazing. Echo finally explained his true feelings for me, and even though I felt the same I knew nothing could ever happen between us. We had a good time together. Laughing and talking about the old times. Going back to when our little group became home. Seeing how much we changed from the beginning to then was something I never expected, but its been an entire year. From June to June. I haven't talk to any of them. Not sense my mother sent me off to that college. I didn't make friends. My roommate thought I was clinically depress. She was alright, but she was no Shaki and she was definitely not Caramel. I missed being home. I missed the guys. I missed the baby Caramel, and I missed Echo. Sitting with my nose pressed to the window of the taxi, my heart began to ache. This was the root to all my pain, but this was also the root to the solutions to all my pain. Being here was such a conflicting feeling. I couldn't help to hope that my mother mourned in my absence. I wished I could have back the women that raised me. The women that pushed me on swings as my dad snapped pictures of us. The women that I haven't had since the accident.
"We here miss."said the driver. "Do you want help with your bags?"
"No thanks sir."I paid my fee and got out off the car. Even though I was hoping things had change I knew better. I placed my bags inside my car that I left here. The keys were sitting on the seat, the doors unlocked. She wanted someone to take it. Take away things that reminded her off me. With a sigh I opened the door and walked to where I knew she would be.
"Hey mom." I whispered as I walked into the living room.
"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at school?" So much acid dripped off her words. I flinched out of habit.
"I was let out a few weeks early. I explained that I wanted to be back for...for..."
"Don't you say! Don't you dare speak of what you took away from me. Get your shit. Get what the fuck you need and get out of our house. You ungrateful bitch. Go!" I ran upstairs packing some things I would need for the heat. Tank tops and shorts. Accessories and heels. Anything to make my mom think I wouldn't be coming back. I could hear as she broke things downstairs. I grabbed my locket and charm bracelet. Careful to keep it hidden from her. It was the only thing I had left that he gave me that she hasn't taking away from me. I ran down the stairs and out the door. To afraid of what she might do. I knew where I was headed before I even turned down the street. I wanted the welcome I deserved. To feel missed. I was headed to Echo's house. It had been one long year since the last time I stepped foot in the door. I missed his scent. Grayson's smile. Kyle's charm. Dawson and Blaze's patience with me. I missed it all. I pulled out my key and unlocked the door dragging the duffle bag beside me. I laughed as the scene before me played out.
"Caramel! Caramel, come get dress."
"I want Blaze. Where's Blaze?"
"He's at school. Get dress and we can go meet him."she teased. I watched the now one year old run towards her mother. Sensing me watching her she stopped and turned towards me. I almost cried. She looked so much like Annie. It took a moment before Shakia realized I was standing there.
"Oh my gosh! Is that you Kitty?" She hugged me tightly. Tears slowly falling from your eyes."I'm so glad you're here. I've missed you. He's bad Kitty. He manages, but he barely talk to anyone." I knew who she was referring to.
"Where is he?"
"In his room." I nodded my head as I walked towards the back being stopped by Caramel in the process.
"Uncle Cyrus talks to me about you. He misses you he says. He says it a lot."
"And you are very advanced in speaking for your age."I laughed picking her up.
"Uncle Cyrus says I'm smart." She giggled. She was intent on making me think about him.
"You want to go with me to surprise Uncle Cyrus." She nodded eagerly as I put her down. She grabbed my hand and ran towards his room. She pushed open the door and jumped on his bed. I could hear him chuckle lightly.
"What're you doing little one?"
"Bring Auntie Kitty to see you. I know you miss her."was all she said a big smile on her face as she pointed to me. He turned over shock evident on his face. I blushed as I shrunk into myself a little. I didn't realize how much I missed him until now.
"Hey."I spoke softly.
He said nothing. Before I knew it his arms were around and I inhaled his familiar scent. Instantly I melted into him.
"I missed you Kitty. I don't want to go an entire year without you ever again."
"I don't plan too. My things are on their way as we speak. I'm coming back. I missed you all too much. Especially you." I said whispering the last part. He heard me. Before I knew it his lips were pressed against mines and my arms were around his neck. I missed out perfectly we fit together.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah! I'm back. Lol. Finally got over my blankness for this story. No more writers block for me.