Status: Previously called Sealed with a Kiss

Beautiful Soul

Savior

I heard footsteps making their way toward me. I scooted backward until I felt myself come in contact with a wall. My head was pounding from hitting it on the gym floor. I was trapped, and I didn’t know who was in here with me.

The emergency lights came on, but they were dim. My vision was blurry from hitting the ground. I could hardly see, but I could make out three figures in front of me. Oliver was one of them, and the other two were his friends. They were stumbling toward me as if they were drunk. ’Oh god.’ I thought. They probably were drunk.

The boys trapped me where I sat. I was terrified.

“What do you want, Oliver?” I asked, my voice shaking. Not only was my voice shaking, but I was too.

“I want…” he paused, laughing, “…you.” he finished his sentence, grasping my shirt to me up from my sitting position. His friends were directly to the left and right of him.

I felt dizzy. My nerves were getting the best of me. He smiled at me, “We want you.” He breathed in my face. I could smell the beer in his breath. I turned my head to the side trying to avoid the stench, but he grabbed my face, turning it to face him.

I was literally scared for my life. He slid his hand down my cheek, and then is when I decided to make my move. I kneed him, but I didn’t hit the spot I wanted to. I hit his thigh on accident. He stepped backward, howling in pain. I made a horrible mistake by doing that. As I tried to run, his friends pushed me hard back into the wall.

“You are so going to pay for that.” Oliver said, rubbing where I had kneed. He walked back up to me, looking me in the eyes. His eyes were dilated. I looked at his with disgust. That’s when he hit me. He punched his fist to the side of my face, and I instantly felt pain. It was horrible. A copper taste filled my mouth. Blood.

I looked back at him, and my vision was even blurrier. I swallowed. “Are you done?” I asked. He smirked at me.

“You wish.” he said, walking toward me slowly. I tried to kick this time, but his friends blocked it with their legs. I was done. I could no longer defend myself.

He was right in front of me again. His face came closer to mine. His hands touched my sides, violating my personal space. I didn’t like it.

“She has curves, guys.” Oliver stated. His hand traveled up, and I closed my eyes. This was it.

He wasn’t touching me anymore, but his friends were still holding onto me. I opened my eyes. Holden was there, punching Oliver, threatening him. This wasn’t like Holden. Holden didn’t care for me, so why was he doing this?

Oliver fell to the ground, and Holden stopped. He turned to look at Oliver’s friends.

“Let her go.” he said, his voice stern. They let go of me, and I instantly fell to the ground. I stared at the ground. His friends were still beside me. I looked up at them, wondering why they were still there.

Their eyes were wide as they stared. I looked to where they were staring. I thought they had been staring at Holden, but they stared past him. They were watching Oliver. He was going in to attack Holden.

“Holden! Behind-“ I was cut off by a hand being slapped over my mouth. I felt the sting a few seconds later, whimpering from the pain.

Holden turned and met the impact of Oliver’s fist. He staggered backward, but caught his balance before falling. Oliver held his hand, hissing in pain. I guess he hit Holden harder than expected. Holden retaliated by pushing Oliver back onto the floor. He kicked Oliver in the side, and Oliver cringed.

He walked over to where I was after making sure Oliver was definitely down.

“Get out.” He said to Oliver’s little buddies, “And take that bastard with you.” He said, signaling for Oliver. The boys left my side, running to help Oliver out of the gym.

I looked toward the ground, not wanting to look up. Holden crouched down beside me. I didn’t look up. He lifted my chin, wiping the tear away. That was the second time today that he had done that. He looked into my eyes, and I looked into his. He looked back and forth between my eyes.

Holden leaned toward my face, pressing his lips gently to mine.
-Holden-

Oliver was so close to her by the time I reached the gym. He was directly in front of her. He placed his hands in her sides, which made me angry for some reason.

“She has curves, guys.” Oliver stated. His hand traveled up, and she closed her eyes. I could see Alex tense up. I couldn’t deal with this. I walked up behind Oliver and drug his ass away from her. I punched him several times in the face, trying to get my point across.

“Don’t you ever touch her again.” I said, emphasizing the ever. I meant it.

I loosened my grasp on Oliver’s shirt, letting him fall to the ground. I turned, facing his friends, glaring at them intensely.

“Let her go. I said, making my voice stern. They did as I said, and she fell to the ground. My eyes widened. His friends didn’t leave they just stared.

Their eyes were wide as they stared at me. I raised an eyebrow, wondering why they were looking at me.

“Holden! Behind-“ I heard Alex yell, but she was cut off by one of Oliver’s friends. She whimpered, and I knew he had hurt her.

I turned, meeting Oliver’s fist. I felt myself start to fall, but I caught myself before I did. My lip was bleeding. I could taste it. Oliver hissed out of pain, waving his hand that he had hit me with. He had hit me pretty hard, and it definitely hurt. I punched him within second, pushing him to the floor. I kicked his side to make sure he would stay down.

After I finished with Oliver, I made my way over to Alex.

“Get out.” I said to Oliver’s little friends, “And take that bastard with you.” I added, signaling for Oliver. They scrambled away from her to get Oliver and leave.

Alex looked toward the ground, keeping her gaze away from me. I crouched down beside her, watching her closely. She didn’t look up, not even a glance. I lifted her chin, wiping a stray tear away from her cheek. I had done that twice tonight. I looked into her eyes, and she looked into mine. Her eyes were a beautiful green color. Like grass. I looked back and forth between her eyes, watching as hers did the same.

I leaned in towards her lips, and gave her a soft kiss. I could tell she was surprised by it. I was, too. I hadn’t really meant to do it. Or maybe I had. Maybe I actually felt something for her.
-Alex-

I sat in the dorm alone, thinking about what had happened. Holden had actually kissed me. What did it mean? Did he like me?

No. It couldn’t be. He couldn’t like me. He had a girlfriend. There was no way. He kissed me because he felt bad, not because he wanted to. I was, well, normal, and his girlfriend was pretty much a supermodel. He could never like me. Not like I liked him.

No. I don’t like him. It can’t be that way. I shouldn’t be that way, but it was. My heart would no longer let me deny whet I felt. I really liked him.

Even thought I liked him, we could never be together. His girlfriend is one of the main causes.

My heart sped up when I thought of him. I really couldn’t believe I was feeling this way. I’d only known him for a few weeks at the most.

I stood up, making my way toward the mirror that beside the door. I had a small bruise on my left cheek. It didn’t look bad, but I knew it would be worse in the morning. My lip was busted, too, which would probably look worse the next day as well. Nothing else was wrong besides how violated I felt. If Holden, thank God for Holden, hadn’t shown up when he did, things would have been way worse.

I looked at my face, remembering how we stared at each other. We stared into each others eyes. His brown eyes were gorgeous. My fingers touched my lips, remembering how his lips fit perfectly with mine. It was a soft, simple kiss that he gave me. His lips were soft, and mine were dry. It was a sweet kiss.

I walked back over to my bed, sitting down on the edge. My head was still pounding from when I had hit the gym floor. I laid back, my feet dangling off the side of the bed. My mind thought of Holden as I drifted off to sleep.
Sunday. The day before Monday, and the day after Saturday. The day I was so thankful for. I could hardly remember falling asleep the previous night. I looked at my phone, checking the time. It was twelve thirty-seven. Shit! I had plans with Lee Am today! Plans that were supposed to take place at ten this morning.

I sat up from my laying position. ‘That’s strange.’ I thought. Last night I had fallen asleep on the side of my bed, but now I was perfectly aligned in bed, with the covers pulled over me. Holden.

Holden was still asleep as I got out of bed. I looked at him, noticing his lips. His bottom lip was a little swollen with a small cut right in the middle. I felt bad for him, knowing I was the reason for that cut. I sighed, walking over to the mirror. I was surprised with how I looked. The bruise had gotten a little bigger, and turned blacker. My lip was cut over near the right corner of my mouth. I touched it with me finger, instantly regretting it. It hurt so bad.

I picked up my phone, dialing Lee Am’s number. He answered almost immediately.

“Hello?” I heard.

“Hey. Lee Am! Sorry I’m late. I had a, well, bad night. I woke up late, and yeah.” I said, stumbling through my words. I heard him laugh.

“It’s fine, Alexandier. I understand.” he said. No, he didn’t understand, but he said he did.

“Okay, I’ll see you in about thirty minutes?” I said, but it came out as more of a question.

“Yeah, that’s fine.” he said, and hung up immediately after. That was weird. I shrugged it off.

I walked to the bathroom quietly, closing the door and locking it behind me. I took my clothes off, followed by the wrap. I absolutely hated the wrap. It was horrible. It pretty much suffocated me, but I couldn’t do anything about it.

I turned the shower on as I got in. The water was completely freezing, which made me yelp. I wasn’t expecting it. I stood on the other side of the shower, away from the knob. I scurried through the cold water, turning it to a warmer temperature until it was decent enough for me. The water stung my cut a little, but I ignored it. I washed my hair with the shampoo I brought, conditioning it shortly afterwards.

After I was completely finished with everything, I stepped out of the shower, wrapping the towel around my body. I reached for my clothes on the toilet, but they weren’t there. I’d forgotten them. Dammit. Of course this would happen. Just my luck.

I wrapped the towel around me more securely than I had before. I unlocked the door, opening it only a crack. There was no sign of Holden. Had he left? I poked my head out, looking around a little. Maybe he had left. I opened the door the rest of the way, making my way to my dresser quickly. There was still no sign of Holden. I grabbed the shirt I wore on the first day, and some light skinny jeans. I swear skinny jeans were all that Ander wore. I grabbed a pair of my underwear, and turned around. There he was. He was at his desk. Had he actually been there the whole time? I let out a small shriek, and he chuckled. This wasn’t funny!

I ran back to the bathroom, locking the door. I leaned back against the door, embarrassed. That was humiliating. I closed my eyes, running a hand through my hair, using the other hand to keep my towel up. Thank God for that towel. I put my clothes on, dreading having to leave the bathroom.

I sat in the bathroom for five minutes before leaving. I ignored Holden the best I could, blushing slightly out of embarrassment. I avoided his looks, grabbing my phone off of my desk. It was almost one. I’d have to meet Lee Am soon. But where were we supposed to meet? I sent him a quick text, asking him my question.

He texted back immediately, telling me to meet him outside his dorm. I left my dorm, avoiding Holden the whole time. I was thankful that he hadn’t said anything to me.

I walked to Lee Am’s dorm, waiting outside of it. I had no clue who his roommate was. He never told me. I knocked on the door, waiting for either him or his roommate to answer. When no one answered, I knocked again. The door flew open to reveal Oliver.