Untitled

Chapter 4

Zelda sat on the chair next to the chest clutching the dress; she stared at it for a couple of minutes. Dark was afraid it might be too much for her so he started to walk towards her wondering if he would have to comfort her. She dropped the dress and started to hold her head. Dark walked towards her faster but she held out her hand for him to stop.

"Why did you have to kill my soldiers Dark? You could have just come to me and asked for me to come with you. I would have came," she said angrily.

"I wanted you to figure this out on you own. If I had simply walked up to you then you wouldn't have been cautious with me; if you had gotten your memories back like that then you would think I'd have changed. The only time I have changed was when you were with me." He closed his mouth not wanting to tell her more.

"I see, why have you turned to Gannon? Why not come with me?" Zelda stared at Dark.

"I have my reasons." Dark looked away and started towards the entrance. Zelda stepped in front of him.

"Answer me Dark. Please come back with me." She looked at him hard.

"You want to know why I wont go back with you? It's because you left me! When you came begging me to take you I was reluctant! I didn't want anything to do with you cause I was afraid my love for you was not my own! But when I did, I later realized that the love I had for you wasn't mine, but it was Link's. When I found that out it scared me, so I fought my hatred and found something that wasn't supposed to be there. I found it for you! I fought against the very Triforce that I have for you. The love I now have is for you! I now fight against it because I can never have you. This battle is even worse than the hatred I had battled. I gave your memories back because I wanted you to know what you did to me. You broke me. You made me realize that this life of mine will be nothing but pain," he hissed. Dark pushed Zelda aside and continued to walk. Zelda stood there looking at the ground.

"Let's go. I'm sick of this place. It brings back terrible memories for me," Dark said in a sullen voice.

"I'm sorry," Zelda said with tears in her eyes. Dark stopped.

"I'm sorry that I accepeted you," Dark said.

They left the tree and continued to walk the way they had come. As they walked something in the brushes stirred and Dark unsheath his sword instantly.

"What's wrong?" Zelda asked readying herself for a fight.

"Poes. I thought I had wiped them from this world when Gannon first created me. These work only for themselves and have their own king. They are also deadlier than the ones in Hyrule. I wonder how they survived." Dark wondered as he began walking towards the brushes. When he got to them, he heard a whisper.

"Hello Dark, it's nice to see you again," the voice greeted.

"How are you still alive?" Dark asked.

"You actualy thought you had gotten rid of us? Fool! We will always be around. You can never kill all of us. It seems you brought back Hylia! You two back together? It would be a shame if she ended up dead," it chuckled.

"You touch her and I'll feed you my sword," Dark growled.

"Hehe, don't worry. My king hasn't given me an order to do so. She is safe for now," the poe said as it appeared from a tree. It was taller then the poes in Hyrule and it wore a red garmet with a hood. It had yellow eyes and carried a lantern that wasn't lit.

"I no longer care if you live or die. Get out of my way," Dark demanded. The poe looked at him and giggled.

"My my, ain't you bossy. I didn't just come here for idle chit chat. I came with an offer." The poe stood there.

"No. Now get out of my way now." Dark started to walk towards the poe.

"Well fine. If you don't want to destroy Gannon then I'll just leave," the poe said as it started to disappear into a tree.

"Wait! What do you mean destroy him? Do you have a plan or are you messing with me?" Dark asked curiously.

" I'll tell you if you do one thing in return." The poe held up the lantern which lit up showing the poes face. It looked like a scarecrow.

"What is it you want?" Dark asked. Zelda came up and leaned in towards his ear.

"Careful, I have a bad feeling about this," she warned.

"Your highness, when have you actualy cared about me?" Dark looked into her eyes. He loved this woman so much but couldn't hide his anger towards her. She backed away looking away with a hurt expression. "What were you saying poe?" He turned back.

The poe was grinning. "Trouble in paradise eh? Anyways, we will help you defeat Gannon on one condition. Join us and we will give you something that will help you destroy Gannon." The poe looked at Dark in anticipation.

"Join you huh? Let me think on that for a bit." As soon as Dark finished his sentence he disappeared into the shadows. The poe looked surprised and stared towards the tree. Suddenly, a sword appeared in its chest. "I thought about it. Here's my answer..." He twisted the sword and ripped it out. The poe fell on its face and the lantern exploded into smoke. Dark looked back and saw Zelda looking at him. This time it wasn't fear as she previously had before getting her memories back, but a look that said she was familiar with what he did.

"Seems you no longer fear me like you did before you got your memories back." Dark sheathed his sword.

"Thats cause I know you won't hurt me. If you wanted to, you could have long before," she said assured.

"I see." Dark turned around and stared walking. Zelda started to follow suit. She looked down and then back up and Dark was no longer there. She looked all around for him but didin't see him. Back when she and Dark were together, Dark made sure not to bring her here in the Dark Realm. She had only been here once when Dark had kiddnapped her but at that time she was afraid and didn't memorize anything. Suddenly she heared some footsteps behind her. Before she could even react, a blade appeared across her throat cutting her a little.

"Are you still not afraid of me?" Dark whispered in her ears.

"You cut me a little. And no, I'm still not afraid," she said defiantly.

"You trust me?" Dark asked.

"Yes, even though I have hurt you. I still know that you wouldn't hurt me...I am truly sorry Dark." She turned and cupped his face in her hands looking him in the eyes. What she saw was pain and hatred. Pain towards her, but hatred towards everything else. Dark stood there looking back. He then brushed her hands away and continued to walk towards the gate. She stared into the tree line for a couple of seconds and then turned to follow Dark. A figure came out in front of her and grabbed her. She tried to scream for help but was muffled.

Dark heard something behind him and he turned around quickly. Zelda was in the hands of a poe and they were disappearing into a tree. Dark ran after them but was too late. The poe and Zelda were gone.