Status: Please enjoy! Comments and reviews are encouraged!

Not Desperate

Chapter 22 This Ship is in the Shore

Chapter 22
This Ship is in the Shore

Daryl was gone for about three and a half hours. Yvonne spent that time cleaning the cabin. There wasn’t much to do, but she kept herself busy and her mind occupied. When there wasn’t anything left to do, she grabbed a beer and her smokes and sat on the front porch waiting for her man to return. What happened between them this weekend seemed like a dream. She certainly did not expect it and she didn’t regret it. He told her that she had given him confidence and self-worth and he had given her the same. She believed him when he said he loved her and she felt confident enough to say it back. All the fear she had was gone. Her heart and mind were together on this one. There was no longer conflict between what she wanted and what she thought was the truth. When she saw him walking toward the cabin, she rose to great him. He had a string of something around his waist, but she couldn’t tell what it was. He leaned his crossbow against the porch steps and took her in his arms. “Missed you,” he said into her hair. “Missed you too. What did you kill for me?”
“Got a half dozen squirrels. I almost had a twelve point, but I tripped over a tree root and spooked him off,” he said embarrassed.
“That’s okay caveman. Hunter gatherer still bring food for woman,” she said.
“This hunter will always provide for his woman.” He kissed her lips softly. “Come on, I’m gonna show you how it’s done Dixon style.”
“Ooh, you have your own style. Very impressive. Woman intrigued.” She laughed and turned to walk back inside. Daryl laughed with her and slapped her ass and said, “Woman go fix man food.”
She was very proud of herself. She didn’t get as grossed out as she thought she would and even helped out with the last three. Daryl had brought some spices with him and seasoned the meat. While the squirrel was marinating, they sat on the couch in each other’s arms. Daryl told her the story of the lost buck and she told him what she had been doing around the cabin. He noticed she kept touching her pendant. He loved the way it looked against her pale skin. He reached out and traced it with the pad of his finger. He stared at it mesmerized. He still couldn’t believe what had happened between them this weekend. It felt like a dream. What he hadn’t told her was that he tripped over the tree root because he had been replaying last night in his head. He had been concentrating on it so hard in fact, that he almost whipped it out and jerked it right there in the woods. That is until he remembered that he didn’t have to do that anymore. What he was thinking about wasn’t a fantasy, it had really happened. It was real and she was willing and waiting for him back at the cabin. Fortunately, he was able to get his head back in the game long enough to bag those squirrels and get back to the cabin without sporting a hard-on the size of Texas.
He finally looked up at her and locked onto those beautiful chocolate eyes that had taken his breath away the night they met. She put her hand on the back of his head and pulled him into a soft kiss. When they parted, he cupped her face in his hands. “Your never gonna doubt yourself again. I’m gonna make sure of it, I promise you. There won’t be a day goes by that you’re not gonna know how wonderful and beautiful you are.”
“And I promise you the same Daryl. Every day I’m gonna tell you and show you how amazing you are. I waited my whole life for you, then I gave up for a long time. I didn’t think I deserved someone like you, but you’re the only man who’s ever made me feel wonderful and beautiful. I need you to believe the same about yourself.”
“Nobody’s ever said things like that to me. I was always just nothing, nobody. A woman would only be with me if she was drunk, high or Merle offered her drugs for it. Got so tired of that.”
“You don’t ever have to worry about that again. Those women were idiots. I know what you are, I know what I have with you and I’m never giving up on you.” He put his arm around her shoulder and brought her to him. She rested her head on his chest. They sat like that, in silence, until it was time to fix dinner. They worked together, Daryl frying the meat and Yvonne making mac and cheese out of a box and green beans from a can. She was alarmed at how much she liked squirrel. Daryl just told her that it was his special recipe that did it, because squirrel really don’t taste that good. They spent their time just laughing and talking, enjoying each other’s company.
After dinner, they cleaned the dishes. Well, Yvonne did, Daryl stood behind her with his arms around her waist and his chin on her shoulder. After the last dish was in the drainer, she turned in his arms and put hers around his neck. “So, what do you want to do now?” she said suggestively.
He laid his forehead on hers. “I’m real tired. I was thinking we could just go to bed early, if that’s okay?” She moved her head away from his with a look of utter disappointment on her face. Daryl smirked. “I ain’t that tired. I don’t think I’ll ever be that tired. Take a shower with me, then we’ll have all night to figure out what we want to do.”
“Yeah, you smell a little squirrely caveman,” she laughed.
“Smell like Man!” he replied and sniffed her. “Woman smell squirrely too. Let man wash, make woman smell good.”
“Mmm, sounds good caveman.” He hauled her up on his shoulder, smacked her ass and headed upstairs to the shower. He put her down once they got inside and closed the door. Daryl turned the water on to let it warm up and Yvonne smacked his ass while he was bent over. “What the hell are you doing woman?” He stalked over to her, backing her up against the door.
“Nothing. Just a little payback. I can see the appeal.”
“You think my ass is appealing?”
“Among other things.” He cupped her cheek in his hand.
“My ass, and ‘other things’ think you’re pretty appealing too.” He took a step backwards and sat on the edge of the tub. “Take off your clothes baby girl. I want to see you.” She slowly undressed, his eyes burning holes in her skin. When she was completely naked, he crooked his finger telling her to come closer. He stood in front of her and took off his clothes. By this time, the bathroom was becoming quite steamy and Daryl pulled back the curtain and stepped inside. He held his hand out to Yvonne and helped her in. Seeing him standing under the hot, steamy water made her wet. He looked so sexy standing there with water running down his naked body. He put his hands on her hips and spun her around until she was standing under the spray. He ran his hands all over her, feeling the wetness on her skin. His mouth took hers slowly, sensually and soon Yvonne felt him poking her stomach. She reached down and took him in her hand, pumping him slowly from base to tip. A small moan escaped his lips through their kiss, which became more heated and urgent as her movements increased.
“Fuck baby girl. I don’t wanna cum like this. I wanna be inside you,” he said, his breathing becoming labored. He removed her hand from his cock and turned her so her back was against the tile wall. He bent his head into her neck and began to suck and lick while his hands massaged her breasts. He worked his way down her body until he was on his knees before her. He lifted her leg to his shoulder and grabbed her other thigh to hold her steady as he used his mouth on her. Her soft moans and cries made him even harder and more hungry for her. Taking his arm from the leg on his shoulder, he pushed two fingers inside her. Once he started pumping in and out of her, he could feel she was close; her walls clinching his thick fingers. “Come for me baby girl. I want to taste you.” With those words, she released into his mouth.
He stood and turned her around placing her hands on the tile. He gently pushed her forward until her ass was rubbing against him. Leaning over her, he trailed kisses down her back and reached his arm around her to hold her breasts. He slowly breeched her wet, hot center with his hard, weeping cock. They moaned and moved together in a perfect rhythm. Soon, his thrusts became harder and faster. She was on the edge again and chanting his name like a prayer, begging him to fuck her harder. He grabbed her hair in his fist and pulled her head back. He attacked her neck with ferocity, sucking the soft and delicate skin into his mouth. “I’m gonna cum baby girl. I’m gonna cum hard inside this tight, wet pussy.” Once again, just the sound of his voice had her spiraling out of control. She screamed his name and came for the second time that night. He soon followed and continued to thrust furiously until he had emptied himself inside her. He wrapped his arms around her as their breathing slowed. She turned in his arms and smiled at him. He touched his lips to hers and lingered there.
“You are the best thing that has ever happened to me Yvonne. I’m never letting you go.”
She moved her lips against his. “I don’t ever want to be without you. I could never survive if I lost you.” They continued to kiss, but soon separated. “I guess we should wash up now,” she said.
“Alright.” Daryl took the cloth and ran it across her skin lovingly and Yvonne did the same in return. When they were done, they dried each other off and walked to the bedroom. When she started to put her pajamas on, he stopped her. “I just want to touch you tonight. I want to feel your body against mine.” She nodded her head in compliance and crawled under the sheets. He turned off the lights and crawled in after her. Wrapping his arms around her, he snuggled into the warmth of her back and let sleep take them both.
Sunday morning came too soon for Daryl. He was rudely awoken by his insistent bladder. He very carefully removed his arms from around his lover and crept quietly down the hall to the bathroom. When he returned, he crept just as quietly back into bed, satisfied that she was still asleep. “Do you feel better now?” she asked him.
“Damn, I thought I was being quiet. I didn’t meant to wake you sweetheart.”
“I didn’t hear you, just knew you weren’t here. It’s barley been a day, but I’m already used to you being next to me. I guess we have to go back to reality today, huh?”
“This is reality. Ain’t nothing gonna be different when we get back. Except maybe now I got a family to come home to? What’s Michael gonna say? Is he gonna be okay with us being together like this?” These questions had been in the back of Daryl’s mind since Friday night.
“Michael loves you. He thinks you’re the coolest guy in the world. He respects you too. He respects you for standing up to his grandparents for me. He’s gonna be happy about this.”
“Good. I love him too and don’t want to put a wedge between the two of you. I’d rather bow out now than cause problems with ya’ll.”
“No worries about that,” she said as she leaned over and grabbed her phone off the nightstand. “His bus isn’t due back until three o’clock. It’s only seven now. Do you think we could just spend the rest of our time here, in bed? Maybe we could go back to sleep for a while?”
“Sure,” Daryl said shifting onto his back. “I thought we could go back to the creek as we’re heading out; have some lunch, maybe take a walk?” Yvonne snuggled into his arms “Sounds perfect,” she said sleepily and soon fell asleep on the pillow of Daryl’s chest.
They woke three and a half hours later. Daryl took a shower while Yvonne packed a lunch and then Yvonne took hers while Daryl packed their gear. He took one last look around the bedroom he had all those years ago and most recently shared with her. He walked to the window and knelt down in front of it pulling a board up and searching below it. He pulled out a medium size handcrafted wooden box his grandfather had made for him on his ninth birthday. He opened it briefly to check the contents and closed it again. He placed it at the bottom of his backpack and went downstairs. When they arrived at the creek, they decided to take a walk first to build an appetite. They walked hand in hand the full length of the creek. Daryl told her stories from when he and Merle were kids. How their grandfather taught them how to hunt and track in these woods and fish in that creek. He told her about his first kill. It should’ve been Merle’s, but he was too busy complaining about something to pay attention. Daryl stole it right out from under him. When they got back to the truck, they ate the lunch that Yvonne had packed. They sat in silence, the creek the only sound. It reminded Daryl of something.
“Ya know, the night we met, I had a dream about you. We were here, by the creek, sitting in the truck bed just like this.”
“Is that all we were doing?”
Daryl laughed. “No, but I woke up too soon, so it wasn’t much.”
“Maybe we can come back? Let you finish your dream.”
“I promise we will. Better head out if we want to get there before the bus does.” They climbed in the truck and as he drove away, Yvonne looked behind them to the spot where her new life began.