Status: Please enjoy! Comments and reviews are encouraged!

Not Desperate

Chapter 23 House of Mirrors

House of Mirrors

Yvonne had forgotten all about the carnival in Senoia. Daryl had mentioned it a long time ago after they first met, but she hadn’t heard a word about it since. They hadn’t seen each other since he brought them home Sunday. They had both been busy with work; Daryl had been going to T’s garage after the construction site every night. He had called her when he got home, though, to tell her how much he loved her. They hadn’t told Michael yet, Daryl wanted them to do it together. They would all go out to dinner, then maybe ice cream or go do something fun.
The carnival started on Friday and would be in town for a week. Everyone was going together as a group. Daryl, Yvonne, Michael, Rick, Lori, Carl, Merle, Carol, Sophia T-Dog and his girlfriend Jackie. When Yvonne picked up Michael from school that day, they went straight to Carol’s house to meet everybody since Daryl and Merle didn’t want them anywhere near the trailer. Michael and Sophia rode with Carl. Merle and Carol took his truck and Daryl and Yvonne rode with T-Dog and Jackie. Carl was the only one of the kids that had ever been to a carnival before, so he took the lead with Michael and Sophia showing them around.
Not long after they arrived, the couples went their separate ways agreeing to meet back in two hours for food. Daryl and Yvonne headed to the rides first. Roller coaster, Ferris wheel and tilt-a-whirl. They did them all one right after the other. Daryl was having more fun the he had ever had in his life. Yvonne loved it all, except the Ferris wheel. She was afraid of heights. When they were stuck at the top, her breathing quickened and her hands began to shake. Daryl put his arm around her and tucked her into his side. He turned her face to his and kissed her until they were on the ground again. “Thank you. I just get real nervous being off the ground.”
“No problem darlin’. I’ll always keep you safe. You don’t need to worry about anything when I’m around.” It was almost time to meet the others to eat, so they walked to the pic-nic area. They were too engrossed in each other to notice they were being watched.
T-Dog, Jackie, Merle, Carol and the kids were anxiously waiting when they arrived .Merle stood to meet Daryl and took him to the side to talk. “I don’t mean to alarm you baby brother, but you and your woman are on somebody’s radar tonight and I think I know who it is.”
“What the hell? How you figure that shit?”
“There’s three men been just about everywhere ya’ll been. Carol and I been shadowing ya since we got here I saw a familiar truck in the lot and got suspicious.”
“Who the hell is it Merle?” Daryl said, rage building in his bones.
“I think it’s Joe and Len. That was Joe’s truck I saw and if I ain’t with him, he’s got Len by his side. Keep an eye out and you might want to talk to your buddies and get them looking out too.”
“He ain’t getting near her Merle. I’ll kill him!”
“Well, it’s a good thing you got a deputy on your side. None of us are gonna let that happen Daryl. She’s safe, ain’t none of us gonna let anything happen to her.”
“I know Merle. Just don’t do anything that’s gonna put yourself in danger. Neither of them is right in the head. They’re a danger to all of us.”
“No need to worry ‘bout me baby brother. Only a Dixon can kill a Dixon, remember?”
“Yeah brother, I remember.” When they joined the others, Rick and Lori were sitting at the table with the rest of them. The men went to get food and drinks, keeping the women in their sights. It took two trips for all of it. They had burgers, hot dogs, fries and funnel cakes. The kids wanted ice cream and the adults agreed to the request, but told them they would have to wait until later so they wouldn’t get sick. When they were finished, they all made trips to the bathroom. As Yvonne came out, she was startled by someone calling her name.
“Ms. Bradley, it’s nice to see you again, under better circumstances. How have you been?”
“Officer Walsh, I didn’t know you would be here tonight. Are you working?”
“Yes ma’am. I volunteered for security detail. Just because I don’t have a girl to bring, don’t mean I have to miss out on all the fun,” Shane replied.
‘That’s a good attitude Officer Walsh.”
“Please call me Shane. How have you been doing? Everything okay?”
“Yes, Shane, I’m doing good. It took a while to heal, but I’m doing better now. Thank you for asking. If you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to everyone. It was nice seeing you again.” As she passed him, he grabbed her wrist.
“You shouldn’t be alone our here ya know. After dark, it can get dangerous.”
“Thank you for your concern, but I’m with Daryl. Rick, T-Dog, and Merle are with us too. I’ll be safe.” She pulled her arm from Shane’s grasp and walked back toward the group. Daryl met her halfway. “What the hell was that? What the fuck did that asshole say to you?”
“He wanted to know how I’ve been. He was concerned.”
“The fuck he was concerned! I want you to stay away from him. I don’t trust him. You don’t leave my side tonight, you hear me.”
“Yes Daryl. I wasn’t planning on being away from you, but you need to calm down. I don’t know why you don’t trust him and I doubt you’ll tell me, but he can’t hurt me. I told him I was here with you, Merle, Rick and T-Dog, and that there was no reason to worry about me.”
“That all he wanted?”
“He said I shouldn’t be walking around alone after dark. That this place is dangerous.”
“He’s right, but you ain’t alone. You haven’t been alone all night and you’re not gonna be alone ever again. You and Michael are sticking with me.” He kissed her forehead gently and put his arm around her shoulders as they walked over to the group. It had been decided that Merle, Carol and the kids would go with Daryl and Yvonne. Rick and Lori would go with T-Dog and Jackie. The kids wanted to play the games, so they all went to win as many prizes they could.
Shane watched them from the shadows. Both those Dixon boys were gonna be in a world of hurt by the time it was all over. He’d make sure of that. Fortunately, he wasn’t the only one who had it in for the Dixons. “Hey there cousin. You having a good night so far?”
“Hey man, where the hell you been? I’ve been tailing your girl and that damn Dixon all night. What the hell have you been doing?”
“Same thing as you cuz,” Len answered. “I just been getting a different perspective than you, I reckon. Saw ya talkin’ to her too.”
“Just expressing my concern for her well-being man. Didn’t mean nothin’ by it. I’m looking out for your girl Len. You should appreciate that. We just gotta bide our time. The Dixons are fuck ups. Daryl’s a fool if he thinks he can keep her. She deserves better than that trash. We’re gonna make sure she gets it.”
“Hello boys.” Joe slinked up behind them. “You two doing some familial bonding?”
“Just keeping an eye on her boss. What’d you see?” Len asked.
“I’ve been tracking the traitor. Looks like he’s trying to get in good with your partner, Shane. May have to take him out too.”
“You can send them all to hell for as many fucks as I give boss. As long as I get that sweet, blonde pussy, I don’t care what you do.” Len said and eyed Yvonne from the shadows.
“That’s you own situation to take care of Len. It gets fucked up, it’s on you. All I give a shit about is finally getting rid of goddamn Merle. Man’s been a fuckin’ pain in my ass for years now. Motherfucker takes more than he sells and he ain’t getting away with that shit no more. He and little D know too much about what we do. That dumbass cop friend of his thinks he’s gonna get us, but he’s wrong.” Joe turned his back to Shane and Len and walked back into the shadows.
Lori, Jackie, Carol and Yvonne had so many stuffed animals, they had to get the guys to carry some. None of them minded except for Merle, who told Carol she was gonna owe him big time for making him look like a pussy in front of all those people. Carl and Michael had competed to win a prize for Sophia and both had been victorious. When the carnival closed, the group headed to the parking lot. As everyone was saying their goodbyes, Michael walked up to Daryl. “Can I ask you something?”
“Sure buddy. What do you want to know?”
“Are you momma’s boyfriend now?” Daryl was more surprised by the timing of the question rather than the question itself.
“Your momma and I wanted to talk to you about that. Would you be okay with it if I was?” Daryl asked tentatively.
Michael thought for a second. “Yeah, I’d be okay with it. Momma hasn’t smiled this much in forever. And you treat her good, and you’re nice to me. I like you a lot and I know mamma does too. You’re not like my daddy. She always cried when he was around. I’m okay with it, just promise me something.”
“Anything Michael.”
“Don’t hurt her and don’t leave her.”
“I’m gonna do everything in my power to never hurt your momma. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I knew I was responsible or causing her pain; and I ain’t never leaving her, or you. Ya’ll are my family now. I can’t lose ya’ll. I love both of ya and I’m gonna be here forever.”
“Good.” Michael said and went to say goodbye to Carl. Yvonne and Lori had planned a sleepover for the boys since they had gotten along so well together. Merle waited until everyone had left before he pulled out of the lot. He was staying at Carol’s and Daryl was gonna drive Yvonne and Michael home in their car. As they were on their way to Woodbury, Yvonne thought it might be a good time for her and Daryl to talk to Michael.
“Honey, there’s something Daryl and I want to talk to you about.”
“If it’s about ya’ll dating, I’m good with it.” Michael said.
Daryl looked over at her and put his hand on her knee. “We talked about it. We’re all good sweetheart. We’ve got an understanding.”
“Oh, okay. Well, I’m glad I was involved.” She looked at Daryl and smiled. When they got to the house, he walked inside with them and Yvonne grabbed him a beer from the fridge. “I assume you’ll be staying tonight, since you don’ have a ride home.”
“I was hoping for an invitation. I don’t like to make assumptions.”
“You’re invited. Neither of us work tomorrow, we can be lazy.”
Daryl put his arms around Yvonne and backed her into the kitchen counter. “I’ll be as lazy as you want tomorrow, but I’ve got some energy to burn tonight, if you’re not too tired.”
“I don’t think I’ll ever be that tired,” she said, repeating Daryl’s own words. “I’ve got to get Michael in bed first.”
“Alright,” he kissed her. “I’ll go with you. I wanna say goodnight.” Michael was exhausted and asleep before his head hit the pillow. Yvonne led Daryl to her bedroom and closed the door as Daryl sat on the edge of the bed. As she walked to him, she shed her shirt and bra leaving them strewn across the floor. He reached out for her and pulled her to him. “We have to be quiet,” she said, holding his face in her hands.
“I can do that baby girl. I’m not so sure about you though.” He gently placed his kips on the soft skin of her stomach. His tongue glided across the expanse of her, dipping into her navel. He pulled her onto his lap and took one breast into his mouth. She reached between them to the button of his jeans. He tucked her body into his and moved her onto the bed. He stood and finished taking off his pants and pulled off his shirt. He leaned over and slid her pants from her body. He climbed on top of her, spreading her legs with his knees. He took her lips with passion and reached down to stroke her gently. His lips muffled her moans. When he released her, he used his free hand to take her wrists and put them above her head. His other hand went from her wet heat to his own throbbing erection. He positioned himself at her entrance and slowly pushed himself inside her. His hungry eyes never left her body until he was fully seated inside her and he closed them and stilled his body.
“I love you baby girl. You’re mine. You belong to me forever.” He pulled out until only his tip remained and he thrusted powerfully back into her. His free hand roamed her body from her thighs to her breasts. He leaned down on top of her, letting go of her wrists and settling both hands by her sides to prop himself up. She was trying so hard to suppress her moans, but as his thrusts increased in sped, she couldn’t control herself. She could feel the pressure building in her lower stomach and breathlessly whispered, “I’m gonna cum Daryl.” He buried his head in her neck and began to suck ferociously as she came undone beneath him. Feeling her body convulse pulled his orgasm from his body and he loaned loud but low.
“I love you Daryl,” she whispered in his ear. “Forever.” He lifted his head from her neck and looked at her with love and admiration. He placed a chaste kiss upon her lips before placing another on the heart she wore between her breasts.
“Forever. I promise you baby. I’ll never leave you. I couldn’t live without you. You are my fucking life.” He pulled his softening cock from her and lay on his back. He stayed there with his eyes closed as Yvonne began to stroke his bare chest with her fingers. “You better be ready to go again, ‘cause if you don’t stop that, I will be.”
“No Daryl. I’m pretty worn out now. I just love touching you, but I think we should get some sleep. I have a feeling Michael’s gonna have a problem with us having a lazy day.”
“He made me promise to never hurt you or leave you.” Daryl said running his fingers through her hair
“He’s such a sweet boy. He’s very protective of me.”
“He should be. Any man who doesn’t feel the need to protect what he loves, ain’t a man. It was the easiest promise I’ve ever made baby. And I’ll damn sure die before I break it.” As they got settled in bed together, arms around each other, Daryl hoped like hell that whatever shit storm was coming for them he would be able to save her and Michael from it