Status: um...I'll get there

Pose for Me

I Wouldn't Know What to Say If I Had You

Kellin ~

I smiled as Vic drove us to his favorite restaurant, insisting that he pay. I rolled my eyes, hating that he wouldn’t let me help. “You’re designs are really nice,” I said and smiled at him. “Thanks. I’m not sure if I actually want to be a designer, but I do like to photograph my own stuff. There’s something so gratifying about it.”
I smiled and nodded. “I know what you mean. I really like to showcase stuff that I’ve done myself,” Vic nodded a little. “What do you mean? Isn’t all of it yours?” he asked as we sat down. “Not always. Sometimes we have to do collaborations for class, and sometimes I just don’t like the things I do,”
Vic nodded a little. “I definitely know what you mean there,” I laughed and nodded. “Artists are so nit-picky,” Vic laughed too and leant his head on his hand.
The waitress walked over, looking at Vic. “Hi, I’m Melissa, and I’ll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink?” Vic nodded and smiled. “Sure. Um…could I have a glass of red wine? One of the cheaper brands,”
She nodded and pulled out a laminated paper. “They start off with the cheapest ones are on this side and get more expensive as you go down.”
Vic nodded and looked down at the menu. “This one?” he said, the sound coming out more like a question. “Sure thing. And you?” She barely glanced at me. “Um…can I just have pepsi?” She nodded and smiled back at Vic. “Would you like water too?” He shook his head and smiled back up at her. “Alright. I’ll be right back with those,” Vic looked back at me and smiled.
“You look jealous,” he teased. “She likes you,” Vic looked kind of amused as I spoke. “I’m sure. You look really cute when you’re jealous,” he said and leant his chin on his hand again. “No I don’t,”
The waitress came back then, interrupting us. “I’m so sorry. I was told to card you for this,” she said to Vic, batting her eyelashes. “Okay,” He pulled out his wallet, handing her his license. “Alright. I’m so sorry about that. You both look so young though, so I had to,”
Vic shrugged and nodded. “It’s fine. I don’t mind,” She handed his ID back and set both of our drinks down on the table. “And could I see you’re ID?” she asked me. “Um…I’m not drinking. I’m 19,” she nodded and rested her hands on her hips. “I still need to see it,” I sighed and got my wallet out too, showing her that I was in fact; 19.
“Okay. And you definitely will not be drinking.” I rolled my eyes and put my license away. “So, can I take you orders, or do you need a minute?” she asked. “Could we have a minute?” Vic said. “Of course. I’ll be right back,” He smiled and looked at me again.
“That was odd. You weren’t even drinking,” he said. “Right? Maybe she thought I was going to be stealing your drink all night,” Vic laughed and picked up his glass, taking a sip. “Is it good?” he nodded and took another sip.
“It’s sweeter than I would have expected.” I nodded and smiled before looking down at the menu. “Do you know what you’re getting?” I asked as I looked it over.
“Hm…um, I think I’m gonna get the steak,” I wrinkled my nose, making him laugh. “Do you not like steak?” he asked. “No. I’m gonna get chicken,” It was chicken and spinach with baked potatoes.
“Okay,” The waitress walked up again, almost on cue. “So, what can I get for you?” she asked happily. She was touching Vic’s arm, squeezing slightly. I tried not to glare and smiled up at her.
“I’ll have a medium-well steak with baked potatoes and macaroni,” She nodded and wrote it down, smiling at him. “And he’d like the baked chicken,”
Melissa nodded and wrote it down too. “Is that all?” Vic nodded and smiled. “Okay. You’re dinner should be done soon,”
She left again, finally leaving Vic and I alone. “Finally,” he said, making me smile. “Didn’t you care that she was practically feeling you up?” I asked, laughing a little. “It was awkward, but no. It didn’t really bother me. Although, I she’d probably be disappointed to find out that I’m gay,”
I laughed and nodded. “You’d think the date setting would be enough of a hint,” Vic smiled and took another sip from his glass. I did the same, using my straw. “So…what are you working on right now?” he asked.
“Um…I haven’t even started it. We have to paint a landscape, but we aren’t allowed to just make it up. We actually have to have a reference,”
Vic nodded a little. “Is that difficult?” I shrugged lightly. “Not really. I just prefer to work from my imagination. It’s a lot more fulfilling than having to just copy down a picture…. Would you mind taking one for me?”
Vic shook his head and smiled. “Where would you want to?” I shrugged again. “Um…somewhere pretty. I like to do a lot sunsets,”
Vic smiled at me and took another long swallow. “So…a roof, maybe. Somewhere you could see the sky, and maybe the skyline?” I nodded and smiled back. “That sounds great,”
I took a sip of my drink, smiling a little wider. “Okay. We could probably use the top of my apartment building. We’re allowed up there,”
Vic nodded at me. “Did you finish your other painting?” he asked. “Yeah. I’m not really happy with it though. We were allowed to paint anything, but I couldn’t find anything I really wanted to paint.”
Vic smiled a little. “I don’t think I could be an art major. It sound like so much extra work. I’d rather just stick to my laptop,” I laughed a little. “Yeah. It kind of is. Although it’s really fun to see it after you’ve spent so long working on it. I could imagine it’s like that for you too?” Vic nodded. “Especially after a lot of retouching. The pictures that take the least time always come out better though,” he said. “And candid photos look the most…enticing?”
I rested my arms on the table, smiling at him for no reason. “Kellin?” he asked, catching my attention. “Hm?” He smirked at me, his eyes showing amusement. “You were staring at me,” he said and smiled. “Sorry,”
I said back, blushing a little. “I don’t mind. It’s flattering,” I smiled and leant back a little. “You’re really cute,” he said and smiled at me.
I blushed deeper and took a little sip of my drink to try and hide it. Vic smiled and took a sip of his wine. I watched him swallow, kind of entranced by the way he drank it.
“You’re staring again,” Vic laughed and watched me blush. The waitress came back, holding out a tray with our food on it. She set each of our plates down, smiling at Vic.
We waited until she left, and then started cutting up our dinners. “Is it good?” I asked, watching him take a bite. “Mhm, it’s really good, actually,” I smiled and took a bite of my chicken. “Is yours?” I nodded as I chewed. It was delicious and very tender and moist.
“How come this is your favorite?” I asked and speared a piece of potatoes. “Um…I don’t know. It was just the only fancy restaurant that my parents ever went to, so I’m used to it. The food is really good too,”
I nodded and swallowed another bite. “It is really good,” Vic smiled and washed his down with a sip of wine. We talked back and forth for a while, eating our dinner kind of peacefully.
“Do you want dessert?” Vic asked. I bit my lip, not really sure. “I don’t know if I could finish it,” He smiled at me, his mouth quirking to the side a little. “You could share one with me,” he said.
“Hm…like what?” He showed me the dessert menu, pointing to the chocolate cake. “You would want the biggest one,” I said and laughed. “Aw, come on. It looks delicious,”
I shrugged and nodded a little. It did look really good. It was a milk chocolate cake with chocolate moose and mint icing. “Okay,” Vic smiled again and waved the waitress over. “Could we have the mint cake?” he asked. “Just one?” He nodded and smiled.
“Sure. Would you like anything else to drink with that?” He shook his head, looking at me. “No thanks,” She smiled and walked away again.
She came back a minute later and smiled. “Here you are,” she said and smiled, setting the plate down between us. Vic picked up one of his forks and took a bite.
“Is it good?” I asked. “Mhm, here,” He held his fork out to me, smiling. I smiled back and leant forward a bit to let him feed it to me. “Mm,” He laughed and licked his fork, the act looking hotter than it should have.
I picked up my own fork, taking a little bite. The mint mixed in nicely with the extra chocolate moose. “This is really good,” Vic said and swallowed. “Mhm…I’m so full,”
He laughed at me and took another bite. “Mhm, did you want to leave?” he asked. “No, no. Take your time,” Vic smiled a little and motioned for Melissa again. “Would you like the check?”
He nodded and put his card into the little pocket. She went to charge it quickly, winking as she gave it back to him. “Thanks,” She nodded and smiled at him again.
“Ready to go?” I nodded and watched him smirk a little at the receipt. “What?” I asked. “Nothing. Don’t worry about it,” My eyes narrowed a little. Vic stood up, taking my hand to lead me out of the restaurant.
“Did you want me to take you home?” he asked. “Um…I guess,” I didn’t really want to leave him, but I didn’t want to have sex either. “Where…?” I smiled a little and typed my address into his gps for him. “You could have just told me,” he said, laughing a little.
“You’re not drunk, are you?” He laughed again and shook his head. “You’d know if I was drunk. Besides, I only had a glass and half of wine. It takes a lot more than that to get me drunk,” I laughed and nodded.
“You do seem a bit more…relaxed though,” He smiled and turned, getting closer to my apartment.
We finally got there, Vic walking me up to my apartment. “Um,” I blushed, biting my lip. “Goodnight Vic,” I said softly. “Night, Kellin,” I smiled and before he could walk away, leant a little closer. He smiled slightly, leaning in too.
I kissed him, my eyes falling closed as his lips pressed to mine a little harder. I copied the way his lips parted, sighing as he slid the tip of his tongue along my bottom lip. I opened my mouth father, enjoying the feel of his tongue in my mouth.
I cupped either side of his neck gently, licking back against his tongue. Vic gripped my hips, firm, but gently as we kissed. I finally pulled back, resting my forehead against his.
“Night,” He smiled and took a little step back, looking kind of shell-shocked. I laughed and opened my door, laughing as Vic nearly tripped over himself.
He laughed too, blushing and turning to leave. I pushed the door closed behind myself, leaning against it as I replayed the feel of his lips on mine, over and over. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
yay, another update! Did you guys know i hadnt updated this since december, because i didnt
why doesnt anyone tell me these things?

title- "A Daydream Away," All Time Low