Brand New Eyes

All I Wanted

I think I'll pace my own mind just a few times, and fall asleep in my thoughts, wake up early, the black and white re-runs, that escape from my memories, oh. I'll toss and turn each possibility like it's all I have left to do. In the end I guess I'll make a decision, either way it'll be the hardest thing I will ever do.

I pick up the phone to make a phone call, both parties deserve to know what is going on with me.

A voice answers, "Hello."

"Hi, look I just wanted to know that there is a lot going on in my head, and I was decision making and I just wanted you to know that though you will always be part of my life, I do not think it was meant to be. I apologies, but I will always love you,"

"Well, thanks for the phone call Avery, I guess I will do my best to move on,"

"If anything ever gets rough think of me when you're out when you're out there, give me a call, I'll always be here for you," I hang up the phone as I pull into the driveway.

I walk in the door, "Avery?" A voice of confusion.

"Before you say anything let me explain what happened the past few days okay, I could follow you to the beginning just to relive the start. I thought maybe I should rethink my decision, and obviously I was right, had I not rethought it I wouldn't be here in this state of mind now. You we're, still are, and will always be my closest and best friend, and I think that's the number one thing you need to have a strong family, and I am sorry I ever doubted you. On the same token like I said had I not I wouldn't be standing here with you now. Our son means the world to me and you are the one I want him to grow up with, to see as his father figure. I love you and that's all that matters in the end, this right here, the three of us is my final decision," I'm crying, but not from sadness, just an over whelming joy.

"I don't know what to say, I love you too Avery with everything in me and I never want to lose you like I thought I did. I'm so glad you're home,"

Levi leaned towards me and lightly pressed his lips to mine. It was the longest, deepest, most meaningful embrace I have felt in a long time.

"All I wanted was you," I whispered against his lips.

He smiled and whispered in return, "And All I wanted was you."