Status: Updates coming soon 1/9/2015

Let's Do the Time Warp Again.

III

After an hour of being at Esmeralda's house, the Doctor and I decided to take a walk through the city. Many of the men had their eyes on me, so being with the Doctor made me feel very safe. These men saw women as just a piece of meat. Gypsy woman were even less than noble women.

"Why am I dressed as a gypsy anyways? Why not like a noble woman?" I asked.

"I just thought you'd look rather nice in that outfit." I blushed at the Doctors comment.

I had just basically met him, now we were time travelling together. It was strange. And suddenly we were flirting with each other like we had known each other for years...

A few hours of wandering around, we decided to go to a tavern to stay the evening. I would be sharing a bed with the Doctor...

I decided to just shrug it off. We were just going to be sleeping..
right?

Blushing at my own thoughts, I just took another swig of mead. Suddenly, the Doctor became apprehensive and he almost seemed paranoid. I wondered what was wrong with him, but I secretly thought it might be because we have to share a bed.

I was wrong, because moments later, the Doctor pointed to two hooded figures. One bigger than the other. I knew immediately that it was Frollo and Quasimodo. They were about to try to kidnap Esmeralda.

"Doctor, we have to do something. We have to go help her!" I said while explaining the next part of the story.

"Well then, shall we go save a gypsy girl?" The Doctor asked.

And with that, we left the tavern in search for Esmeralda, who was minutes away from being kidnapped unless someone saved her...

Suddenly there is a flash of gold, and the Doctor is grabbing me by the hand and hiding me. I forgot that Esmeralda's saviour was Phoebus. The soldier she has had her eyes on for some time.

As Frollo and Quasimodo make their way back to the cathedral, Phoebus becomes enchanted by my gypsy friend. With one parting goodbye, he gives her rendez-vous at the cabaret, La Val D'Amour.

The Doctor and I decide to follow behind Esmeralda for a bit to make sure she gets home safe. Suddenly, all three of us stumble upon the scene of Clopin, king of thieves, about to execute Gringoire. He is asking the women if they will take him for their husband instead if hanging him.

I knew that if Esmeralda married him, he would betray her. I decided to take her place.

"I will take him." I said as I stepped forward...

The Doctor could not believe that I was giving myself up for marriage to some strange poet. I just gave him a reassuring smile and walked up to Gringoire and Clopin.

"You will take this poet as your husband? But you are not part of our court. Why step up?" Clopin asked me.

"Because...I don't think he should die for a mistake." I answered.

Clopin pondered my answer and finally gestured to another zingara. Clopin was handed a clay vase. Taking my hand and Gringoire, he made us drop the vase together. It broke in four pieces.

With one of the shards, Clopin cut my hand and Gringoire's.

Placing the two wounds together, Clopin began chanting some kind of magic spell. He then started laughing hysterically.

"You are now husband and wife. You will be married for four years. For four years you will not step foot in La Cour Des Miracles. Your friend here can stay. He might make a good husband to my Esmeralda..."

Being dragged away and not having a place to stay was nothing compared to not having the Doctor here with me.

"Why did you save me? You don't even know me, ma chérie?" Gringoire asked, lighting a cigarette. He then passed me one.

"I don't think I can tell you why..."

"You can't but I can!" A mysterious voice answered. Behind us was a crippled old man who had a mischievous glint in his eyes.