Fire & Ice

Chapter Six

"Here you are ladies." Thor said opening the large heavy double door to where they would be staying for the time being. "If you need anything, my quarters are just down the hall."

"Thank you, uh, Prince Thor...?" Viggy spoke almost confused.

"Awkward.." Eira whispered to her.

"Please, just call me Thor." He smiled before bidding them good night and disappearing down the candle lit hallway.

"Well, I never imagined crap like this." Viggy said peeking through one of the doors curiously scoping out their chambers.

"Me neither." Eira said following behind her. "But we should try to make the best of it. It's not like we were brought here to be tortured."

"Easy for you to say. I get the hateful impolite husband." Viggy smiled slightly.

"Oh please. I know you'll enjoy making his life hell. Who knows, you may even grow fond of one another's sly antics." Eira explained claiming one of the two huge four post golden beds. "I know you can't say Loki's not good looking."

Viggy cocked an eyebrow with a slight smirk as she went to open the closet. "He does have a certain handsome look to him. It's that mysterious factor, I think."

"I knew you were holding that deep down inside somewhere." Eira laughed.

"Ugh." Viggy sighed aggavated. "More dresses."

"I'm sure we won't have to wear dresses when we are learning our so called powers." She stretched slightly.

"That's one thing I may actually enjoy." Viggy smiled digging through the closet further. "Silk pajamas?! Seriously?"

"Something wrong with silk?" Eira raised an eyebrow grabbing her own silk pajamas.

"I just don't feel like we should be treated so royally. That's just not who I am." She muttered slipping off her dress and putting on the pajamas.

"Asgard is just different, Vig. We'll get used to it, But for now, we'd better get some sleep. We have parents to meet." Eira pulled the sheets back on her bed and got in.

"Good night." Viggy muttered crawling into hers. Her heart pumped erratically as she thought about the next day. Everything had changed. She was worried about meeting her father. He was the God of War and Justice. What if she disappointed him?

She stared at the golden ceiling. The room felt as if it got darker. She was finally was calming down when she heard a slight tapping on the window. She jumped out of bed grabbing a dagger that had been placed in their quarters.

She cracked the door slightly and Loki appeared.

"What are you doing here?" Viggy hissed startled while trying to keep from waking Eira.

"I didn't mean to frighten you, dear maiden." He smiled obviously entertained. Then he eye the dagger which made his grin grow wider. "It's not very nice to want to end your future husband."

"Seriously, what do you want?" She cut her eyes at him; unamused. "And last time I checked you weren't too thrilled about us being betrothed."

"I would like to have had a choice in the matter, but it could have been worse." He gazed upon her.

"Well, can we discuss this tomorrow, Mr. Mischief? I have a father to meet tomorrow. And I'm quite rattled about it." She sighed truthfully.

"Of course, Vigdis. I bid you good night." He took her hand and kissed it. In utter shock, she dropped the dagger. He turned on his heels to walk away but stopped. "Your father is no one to be shaken up about."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated.