When Past Comes Present

Cook Out At Matt's

I didnt sleep much at all that night. I kept tossing and turning afraid for what was bound to happen
at Matt's Cookout. How will I react when i see Jimmy? I got out of bed and showered trying to calm down. It was just a reunion between friends. Thats all. They all probably didnt remember me anyways. I got dressed and went down stairs to start cooking breakfast before waking up Harmony. After I got done cooking her some bacon and eggs with toast and jelly i poured her a glass of chocolate milk and sit the table for her. She woke up as I was putting her food and drink on the table. She walked to the table quietly and sit down and waited for me to get my plate and coffee before she started eating.

After washing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen I gave Harmony a bath and got her favorite pants with the colorful studs on the pants with her Avenged Sevenfold shirt she just picked out the day before at Hot Topic and her purple converse. It was about noon so we got we decided to leave to go to Matt's for the cookout. I grabbed extra clothes and our swim suits. Knowing the guys someone will get thrown in the pool even if they dont have swim wear on. I texted Matt and let him know I was on my way. After putting the address in my GPS i started heading to Matt's.

After about a 45 minute drive I pulled up in his driveway to see him standing outside talking to someone. We parked the car and got out. Harmony ran excitedly over to Matt and hugged him. I was soon standing behind her as he stood up he pulled me into a hug and pointed to the guy he was talking to "Im sure remember this fucktard Brian" he said laughing. Wow. Brian has definitely changed for the better. Smiling I held my hand out to him "Hey Bri-Bri. Long time no see" I said looking him over. Damn. He sure looked fine. Those arms. That smile. Dear god i never pictured Brian looking like this yrs down the road. "Your shitting me. It really is you. I thought Matt was fucking with me" He said pulling him to me and hugging me tightly and kinda spilled his beer on me "Oops. Sorry" he said laughing. I pulled my daughter Harmony over to him and introduced them. She blushed and held onto my leg and looked up at me "Synyster Gates mommy. He plays guitar." Since I never really listened to Avenged Sevenfold i had to assume she knew what she was talking about. "Hey you must be a fan of us" Brian had said kneeling down to her size.

We all walked out back where everyone else was. Turns out Jimmy hadnt showed up there yet. Thank God. I wasnt ready to see him. I met Johnny there new bassist. Turns out they had a hard time keeping a bassist. Then Zacky arrived and I met his Girlfriend Gena. And Brian's wife Michelle. Jimmy was going through a divorce with some LeAnna girl. Matt was engaged to be married to Michelle's twin sister Valarie. They all got tattoos and became famous since we all was in high school together. They then started asking me how my life had been since I left and things. After telling them about Harmony and things they started asking questions about wear her father was. They all stopped when I told them I didnt know were her father was. Matt had started up the grill and me and Val was playing Harmony when I heard his voice. It was like everything stopped right then and there "Damnit Leanna let me be. I'm tired of your shit" I stopped what I was doing to see him walking out of Matt's back door being followed by some bleach blonde haired girl who seemed to be very pissed. I turned away not wanting to look at him but something kept pulling my eyes back that way. His voice still sounded the same as ever but the way he looked amazed me. He was much more taller now. About 6"4 id say. His hair was short black and spiked in the back. He had on sunglasses hiding his eyes. He had his libra pierced and tattoos all over his arms and chest. The word fiction going down his chest. Handcuffs on his neck. He was wearing skin tight black pants with just a tie. He looked even more appealing to me now then he ever had. I started breathing heavier when I heard someone whispering in my ear "Jimmy can never seem to get rid of LeAnna. She is always following him around complaining. Shes very jealous too. Hope she is leaving I cant stand her. Jimmy will love seeing you" Val whispered looking in there direction.

Matt had walked over to Jimmy and pulled him in a hug. He said something to him. Jimmy turned his head and looked right at me. From the looks of it Matt told him I was here. He smiled as he started walking my direction. I tightened up my muscles and turned my head and looked at Val. "Im scared. I dont think i can talk to him Val. I...I should go." I said trying to stand up but Brian stopped me by coming over and sitting down in my lap. "If you dont want to talk to Jimmy then hurry up and go change in your bikini and come swim in the pool withs me" he singed drunkenly. I sighed and nodded my head. Brian got up and held his hand out to me. Just as i took it and let him pull me up I heard Matt call my name. "Monica, Look who it is, Jimmy" he said wiggling his eyebrows with a smile on his face. I turned around and swallowed hard. He took his sunglasses off and licked his lips as he looked at me "Well i never thought I would see you face again" He said sounding sorta smartassingly.