Status: Ongoing

Cinderella Contract

A Sudden Marriage Proposal

Prince Cyril. My body relaxed a bit at the familiar face.

“What are you fussing about?” Prince Cyril looks annoyed but does not meet my eyes. What is he doing here?

“P-Prince!” The officer exclaimed, surprised as all of his attention focused on Prince Cyril. “I thought you had already left.”

“Some stuff got pushed back.” He was still averting his eyes as he said this, but then he finally looked at me. Our eyes met. His scarlet, glaring eyes opened wide as if he hadn’t noticed me until now. “You… No, never mind.” He looked away from me again and faced the officer. I wonder what that was about. “Well, what happened?” Prince Cyril questioned the officer.

“Well…” The officer shifted in his spot uncomfortably. “Her documents were incomplete.” He pointed at me.

“Incomplete?” Prince Cyril takes the form and looks it over, then mumbles. Does he always do that? “Oh, you are going to Ingrays.”

“Yes, I am stopping there on my way back home.” He does not respond. His expression has yet to change, and I begin to feel worried. I just want to go home… I might have to leave things just like this.

“Um…” I began to speak but Prince Cyril looked at me and spoke.

“Well, I’ll at least say she is not a suspicious person.” I looked at him dumbfounded. Is that a compliment?

“Huh?”

“Prince?” The officer looked just confused as I was. I must have misheard. The officer and I looked at him, and he turned his head away quickly.

“I was just talking out loud. Do some research to make sure though.” The officer stood up right at attention.

“R-right!”

“You too. Don’t do anything that will make me say more than this.” Prince Cyril looked at me, again with those harsh eyes. Although I cannot help but think they are mesmerizing.

“U-um…” I try calling to him but I’m so quiet. I have to say something, but the words just will not come out. Come on Risa! Thank the guy! But before I could show him my gratitude, he turns his back and leaves. Ah… I missed my chance.

“Forgive me for not knowing you were Prince’s acquaintance.” The officer’s words broke my train of thought.

“Huh? U-um, I…” I was in shock, but the officer seemed to have become more understanding.

Thanks to Prince Cyril’s words, things have calmed down. They finally allowed me through and I made my way to the airplane. I wish I had thanked him, but now I just feel regret that he left. Damn!

The flight was quick and flew with ease, thankfully. Upon arriving in the country of Ingrays, I somehow managed to make my way to the hotel I was going to stay at. Once at the hotel, I looked over my plane ticket. I was not really sure what I would do when I was told I had to make a stop in another country. Despite my troubles earlier, I am just glad I arrived here safe and sound. My flight home is at noon tomorrow. So I will be staying here a day.

After checking into the hotel, I walked towards my room. Hm? I heard voice and instinctively turned towards the sound. A man and a woman.

“Uh, um, see…” The man looked uncomfortable. For some reason my foot stepped forward, and I walked towards them. "Wh-what do you say at times like this..."

“Is something the matter?” I looked between the two.

“Y-yeah.” The man is sweating, trying to talk to a middle-aged old lady. It seems that they do not speak the same language. "I just...do not know what to say..."

“Would you like me to translate? I am sure I could help.” I felt concerned and a need to help these two communicate.

“Really? Thank you!” The man looked overly appreciative as he relaxed his face.

I try my best with what I know in order to translate what he is trying to say to the woman. Fortunately for all of us, their exchange was quiet simple. I was able to communicate between the both of them, leading to the situation being resolved nicely. The woman bows to us as she leaves. Go me! Beside me, the man suddenly grabs my hand.

“You are amazing!” I would not go that far… “You do not look like a local. Can you really understand what I am saying?” The man’s mood completely changed as he spoke excitedly.

“Mostly, yes.” I want to pull my hand away, but avoid being rude and try to wait it out.

“Wow! Do you know any others? How many?” His eyes sparkled with curiosity. Languages?

“U-um, well…” He questions and questions me, and I start to stutter. I feel extremely uncomfortable and shift in my spot. Still holding my hand, he draws closer. I am unable to move.

“You are really something! I have been looking for a woman like you for so long!” My eyes widened. What? He just met me!

“Huh…?” I have been saying that a lot today…

“I knew I needed an excellent woman like yourself, you know? And you are just perfect!” This man is not letting me get any words in. I continue to stare at him in disbelief. “Oh, do not worry. It might surprise you, but I am quite powerful here in Ingrays. You will not have to worry about money. Will you marry me?”

“WHAAAT?!” I shout internally, or so I thought. Something finally came out of my mouth. “I-I’m sorry, but I have work, and…” It was not long before I was quickly cut off.

“Then quit your job and come work as my secretary. I will need translations done too, so there will be plenty for you to do.” He completely disregarded my outburst.

“S-sir, please.” I suddenly do not want to be in his presence. I try to slip from his grip, but he just squeezes tighter. Wh-what do I do?

“Actually, I know the prince of this country, Prince Cyril. Swear it.” My ears perked up at the name. Prince Cyril! “Oh, speaking of which…” This is going to get bad really fast... I sighed deeply. But then an idea popped in my head.

“Th-then can you arrange for me to see this prince? I would like to express my gratitude.” It just came out, but this man has to be lying. If I call him on it he will back off. To my dismay, the man smiles broadly.

“Meet the prince, huh? Yes, great idea! He can give us his blessing!” My eyes widened.

“What?!” This really took the wrong turn. “Y-you will really take me to see him? H-hold on!” Again, my outburst is ignored as he pulls me along. His captive.

We arrived at the palace. It was HUGE. I hardly had time to take in the beauty of the palace, but I did notice the lush greenery surrounding the entrance, the large windows, the almost white walls, and large red doors.

“You ever been to a place like this? I doubt it. So? Amazing, right?” We are really at the palace… I have no idea how powerful this man is. But if he can get into the palace with a wave of his hand, then he must be considerably powerful. Who knew this would happen to me? Oh! There was someone else here.

“Prince!” The red-haired man he calls, turns around and comes over frowning. My heart skipped a beat. This cannot be. It cannot really…

“What do you want this time?” He looks at the man with a glare. “Oh…You’re…” He looks at me, but the man quickly diverts his attention.

“Prince! You remember me?” He looked happy.

“…Yes?” I take that as a no…

“I am so honored! Actually, this woman and I are getting married.” He gestures to my hand that he’s holding tightly. The man speaks excitedly as Prince Cyril looks at him suspiciously. He remains silent as the man rambles about his so-called “marriage” to me. Prince Cyril moves towards me and whispers in my ear. The man is too busy boasting to notice.

“What is this guy’s deal?” I shivered as I felt his warm breath touch my ear and blush at his closeness.

“Um, I really do not know either…” I whispered back, careful not to alarm the man still holding on to me.

“…I feel like I have seen him before. Like, he’s the son of some rich people. And he’s got lots of family high in the police force. Basically, a pain in the ass.” Despite my situation, I could not help but slightly giggle at his description. I quickly brought myself back to reality and looked at him, hoping he would see that I need help. “He says you are getting married. Is that true? Are you actually marrying this guy?” I shook my head vigorously.

“He just suddenly proclaimed he would marry me. He will not listen to me at all though. At this rate, it may actually come true…” My voice trailed off as the thought sunk in. Please, no…

“Yeah, that is certainly possible. Do you want to marry him?”

“Well, no…!”

“Okay.” He stopped whispering and pats me on the head. Strangely, I feel comforted by this and blush slightly.

“Prince!” The man butts in, making his voice louder. “Please, give our marriage your blessing!” He pleaded.

“Yeah, no can do.” Prince Cyril spoke bluntly.

“Wh-what do you mean…?” The man looked like he was in shock.

“…She is engaged to me. It has been a secret to keep her safe, though.” My eyes widen. What is he talking about?!

“What?” I looked at Prince Cyril in complete shock, my cheeks flushed bright red.

“Wh-wha…” The man was at a loss of words. Hell, so am I!

“You have got good eyes. But I am going to have to ask you to give her up.” Prince Cyril is now smiling wryly. He’s having fun… Is he doing this just to get me out of marrying the creepy man? “No one else knows about this. Could you keep it a secret?” He sure has a way with words.

“I…I was made a fool by you…” The man glares at me, by this time he has already let go of my hand.

“I was not trying to do that. You just would not listen!” His accusations made me upset.

“No way. That is so cruel… Too cruel. I’ll make you pay for this one day!!” He shouted. Prince Cyril and I looked at him surprised.

“Ah! Hey!” Prince Cyril called to the man, but it was too late. He runs outside, as if escaping from embarrassment. Next to me, Prince Cyril heaves a heavy sigh.

“Um…”

“This is going to be a pain. I can’t exactly take it back now…Just have to roll with it for a while.” I looked at him nervously.

“What are you talking about…?” Roll with it?? I cannot possibly marry a prince!

“Hey, you. Come.” He ignored my question, demanding I follow him.

“Huh? P-prince Cyril?!” He stalks away and I sighed. I thought I was free, but this is different. I hurry to catch up, not sure what else I can do at this point.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter guys! :) Prince Cyril is quite the character isn't he? I sure wish I could marry a prince haha

Thank you JamieJo for commenting again and to my little group of subscribers hehe :)