Every Day Feels Like a War

Still In The Dark

Ashley looked at his band mates in silence. Tensions were rising fast between them. He looked away from Andy, guilty. Kat had been the one to suggest therapy, so in a way, it was his fault they were all sitting here. "Listen, kid-" He spoke up, choosing his words carefully. Andy was already feeling cornered, judging by his expression. "You obviously are having issues with.. expressing emotions properly. You have a crush on me, okay. But the way you've been acting isn't healthy. Now..I'm gonna go check on dinner, okay?" Ashley said softly. He went back into the kitchen. He paused to admire Kat as she looked intently into the pot of food. She was so perfect.. She looked sideways at him, smiling crookedly. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and bit her plump bottom lip. He smiled in response and crossed the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around her as she stirred the pot of food. He nestled his chin into her shoulder, gently kissing the nape of her neck. She smiled and turned around, linking her arms around his neck. He leaned down, gently pressing his mouth to hers. He pinned her against the counter with his hips, arms around her waist. She pulled away an inch to bite at his lower lip, eliciting a small groan from him. A clatter tore them apart. Ashley looked at the source, going pale. Andy was back against the wall, broom fallen at his feet. His expression was bereaved and betrayed, eyes dark and glazed with tears. His hands vaguely grasped at the wall behind him, trying to find something to hold onto. His gaze flickered between them, angry and lost. Kat made eye contact, green eyes dark and predatory. Ashley kept himself between them to keep them apart "Shit, Andy- Kid, I'm sorry, can't we ta-" Ashley tried to grab his arm. Andy bolted out, obviously distressed. Ashley ran after him, worried. Andy had seemingly disappeared into thin air.. Ashley looked around in a panic. "Andy?! Andy, where are you?"
"C'mon, Ash.. Babe, I think he's gone. Don't worry." Kat said gently. "He'll be okay."
Ashley sighed and went back inside. He knew Andy would react like that.. When he was upset, he was purely irrational. He was probably beyond logic now, furious and wounded.. Out there alone. He shook his head. He'd probably be fine.. Ashley was worried about his baby brother.. They all were, he knew that for certain. Kat finished and served dinner for the other guys. They were sat around the table, still discussing Andy's desperate need for help. "So.. How are we gonna make him go?" Jinxx piped up. "You all know him. He doesn't do anything he doesn't want to, much less anything he's forced to."
"I'll handle that." Kat smiled confidently. Her eyes shone, almost glowing with the airy confidence she possessed. "Don't worry. I know someone who'll be perfect for him."
Ashley paused to kiss her cheek. "Babe- maybe I should.." He spoke. "I mean.. Maybe it'll go smoother... He- he's less likely to argue with me."
"No, Ash. His problem is with me. I'll convince him to go." She pecked his cheek. "Besides. It's gonna be hard but this is what he needs. He needs help and this is the only way he's gonna get it."
Ashley looked at her. "If you're sure, baby.." He sighed. "He's already fragile.. Just be careful with him."
"Of course I will, sweetie. I'll take good care of him." She promised and went into the living room, leaving them alone.
Ashley picked at dinner, listening to the others talk. "Ash? It's not weird that Andy's crushin' on you? Not at all?" CC asked. "To me, it'd be weird, man."
Ashley sighed, taking a moment to think. He wasn't much bothered by Andy's crush on him, but the way he was expressing his feelings was nothing short of unhealthy. Was it weird? "I don't know.. A little?" He said finally and leaned his head on his hand. "I guess its a little strange... I never expected something like this from him. I mean.. I have Kat now. I can't- she's the most important thing. I don't want his problems to mess up what I have with her."

Kat looked at them through the doorway. Everything was running perfectly. Her beloved baby brother was losing his grip on the one he held dear and Ashley was distancing himself from Andy on his own. Even though Ashley hadn't realized, he was causing Andy pain.. Just the way she liked it. She thrived on Andy's anguish, on the agony of standing by as someone he loved was taken away from him. She loved watching him break as he realized there was absolutely nothing he could do to save the one he loved. She'd done it several times before with his girlfriend, with his best friend before that.. And now.. Now she held Ashley's heart in the palm of her hand- Ashley was such a sweet man. He was desperate for someone to cling to and reckless with his affections. So pathetic...