Every Day Feels Like a War

Won't Let Go Again

After Andy arrived home, he laid down on his bed and stared up at his ceiling. With Ashley knowing what was happening, he was bound to take Kat down this time- right? She couldn't take Ashley now.
Ashley...
Andy suddenly realized what he had done and shot up, his eyes wide. He just told his best friend everything.
Ashley had just found out that Andy was an angel fighting to save him and that his own girlfriend was the Devil. He must be scared shitless... And what did Andy do? Tell him to act natural!
"Shit- Oh fuck, I messed up bad.." Andy groaned and rubbed his eyes. He got off his bed, threw on some clean clothes and ran out to his car. How stupid was he?! Kat was the Queen of deceit, she would pick up on Ashley's lying before he even said a word! For all Andy knew, Ashley could be gone now... Andy shook his head to snap back into reality and sped to his house, parking sloppily on the curb and bolting inside.
"Kat, let him-" He stopped and stared at the two. Ashley was in Kats arms, and Kat's fingernails were raking through his hair slowly.
"Let him what, Andy?" Kat giggled, twirling some of Ashleys hair in her fingers. Andy looked briefly at Ashley, making eye contact. He looked so scared... It nearly broke Andys heart in two. "Mm. Babe, I'm going to talk to Andy in the hall for a bit. Don't go anywhere, ok?" She kissed his forehead and walked past Andy. Andy could've sworn he saw Ashley flinch.
He turned and followed her to the hall, staring at her coldly. "What do you want." He muttered.
Kat laughed and folded her arms, leaning against the wall. "Don't think I don't know what you did, Andrew." She pushed off the wall and circled him slowly. "I know that you told him our little secret. I thought it was gonna stay between us, baby brother..." She pouted, sliding her arms around him from behind. Andy snarled and shoved her off, watching her warily.
"Excuse me for not wanting my best friend to die.." he hissed.
"Oh, don't be like that." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms again. "I'll make a deal with you..."
Andy stared at her, eyes growing wide. A deal. Kat was willing to make a deal. She was the sort of person that would take anything and everything that she wanted- no exceptions. For her to offer a deal was a very, very rare thing.
"That depends entirely on what it is." He said calmly, yet his jaw was tight.
Kat smiled sweetly, looking at Ashley through the cracked open door. "I'll spare him." She started and moved towards Andy. "But only if I get your soul instead." she breathed in his ear. Andys eyes bulged wide open, his skin draining of its rich ivory color. Did she just ask for him to give her his soul?
Andy opened his mouth to retort immediately, but closed it again. He had a clear chance to save Ashley. But what if she was lying? It wouldn't be the first time. Could he trust her?
Kat sensed her baby brothers hesitation. Her flawlessly glossed lips tugged into a wicked smile as she walked to the door. "I'll let you think about it for a bit. Until then, I promise to act as though I know nothing."
Andy watched her. "And why should I trust you?" he said quietly.
Kat thought for a moment, tapping her chin with a finger. Her cold green eyes met his. "You shouldn't." She shrugged and left to go back to Ashley.
Andy stood in silence for a few, long seconds before leaving the house.

Andy drove home to park his car and then went for a walk. It was him or Ashley. Him... or Ashley... Call him crazy, but Andy didn't feel right making this decision without first speaking to Ashley about it. After all, it was putting their lives on the line for each other. Ashley deserved to at least have a say... Andy was seriously considering taking her up on it, too. He stopped by CC's to just get his mind off a things for a while, though. He could use some fun after all the shit he was going through...
"Andy?" CC bit his lip when he opened the door. "Oh.. Hey, dude."
Andy frowned instantly. "You don't seem glad to see me..."
"No, its not that! Its just- well, we all thought you were mad at us..." He grimaced. "Remember? After-"
"Yes, CC. I remember." Andy sighed heavily. "I'm sorry I haven't talked to you guys lately, I've just been dealing with some stuff... That's all. Mind if I come in?"
CC shrugged and stepped aside. "Sure, why not. So whats been up, man? It's been a while."
"Nothing really. Just been hanging around at home."
"Are you... y'know..." CC prompted awkwardly. "Still in love with Ash?"
Andy cringed at the words. Ashley thought being in love with him was a lie to get close to him and Kat. "Oh- no. No, I'm over it. It was just loneliness getting to me, y'know?" He laughed quietly, picking at his red nail polish that was chipping off.
CC nodded slowly, obviously unconvinced, but thankfully he let the topic drop. They chatted for a few hours, then played a game or two on CC's xbox, before Andy decided it was time for him to leave. He stood up and set his xbox controller down on the coffee table to put his shoes back on.
"I'll see you later, Chuppy." he smiled, going to the door.
"See ya, dude!" CC waved and went to play with his pugs. Andy rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him. He hopped down the steps of his front door and walked back to Ashleys house, glad to see Kat was asleep and Ashley wasn't. He tapped on the window.
Ashley looked over and a wave of relief seemed to wash over his face and his gentle brown eyes. He carefully got off the couch and crept outside. "Hey." he whispered.
"Ash, she can't hear us." Andy rolled his eyes.
"Oh- right. Sorry, I'm just paranoid... Are you sure she doesn't know I know?" Ashley bit his lip, staring into his eyes. Oh fuck, he couldn't lie to him like that! But he had to...
"No. She doesn't." Andy smiled warmly. "But I do have to tell you something. Not here, though."
"Well, if you can't tell me here then whe-" Ashley was cut off as Andy had extended his wings, wrapped his arms around Ashleys waist and shot up into the sky. He held Ashley, trying to keep his heart rate under control. His body was so warm... It felt so right to have him this close.
When they landed, Andy set him down and sat on the ledge of the roof, looking down at his feet dangling over the edge. "Ashley, she gave me an offer." He sighed. "She promised that she would keep you safe and would let you go..." He started.
"Really?! Yes! So- what does she want in return?" Ashley beamed and sat next to him. Andy squeezed his eyes shut and looked away.
"Me."
Ashley was silent. Not even the sound of his breath was heard coming from his lips, it was almost as if all the life was drained from him with the word Andy had spoke. After the agonizing silence, he took a deep breath.
"But... You're not going to do that... right? You won't give yourself up like that." He said hopefully, yet his voice was quiet and shaky. Andy didn't say anything. He got up and walked to door that exited onto the roof, hanging his head in shame. "Andy, tell me you're not- please." Ashley got up and followed him. "You can't just give yourself up to her like that! You're stronger than that! God damn it, Andy, you can't seriously be consid-"
"Yeah, well what other choice do I have?!" Andy snapped, his bloodshot, teary eyes burning holes into Ashley. "Watch your body just wither away as she sucks your soul out?! Let her keep doing this forever until I finally cave in?! It's bound to happen some day, Ashley! Don't you fucking get it? I can't beat her. I'm never going to beat her."
"No, Andy-"
"I can't lose another one, Ashley. After you, who knows who she's going to take next. CC? Jake? Jinxx? It might even be one of our fans, Ashley, and I would rather die then let her take anyone else. She's already taken to much, and it's all my fault. I'm the reason she's doing this." He hissed. Suddenly, without warning, Ashley smacked him across the face. "What the-"
"Would you just shut up and listen to yourself?!" Ashley screeched. "Who the hell are you anymore, Andrew? What happened to Andy Biersack, who didn't take any shit from anybody? Who would tell everyone to fight for what they believed in- to never back down. Wheres that Andy now, huh?" Ashley calmed down, chest rising and falling as he caught his breath from the outburst. "I'm not going to let you die for me, Andy. I trust that you'll save me..."
Andy shook his head and pulled him into a hug. "What if I don't?"
"Then you'll beat her next time." Ashley said after a hesitant silence. He could tell he didn't like the idea of dying, either.
Andy looked over Ashleys shoulder and out at the city skyline, listening. He suddenly got an idea and pulled out of the hug.
"I'm gonna do it." He said.
Ashley stared at him in bewilderment, as if he were crazy. Well, maybe he was.
"Andy, no-"
"Sh, just listen." He laughed quietly. "I'm going to tell her that I'm going to give myself to her to save you, and since she's so hell-bent on winning, she'll believe me. Once she finally thinks I've given up, she'll let her guard down and I'll have my chance to strike. Understand? I'm gonna be okay, Ash, and so are you. I promise."
Ashley searched his eyes for reassurance, and must have found it, because he smiled faintly and nodded. He hugged Andy again. Andy blushed faintly and awkwardly moved away.
"I need to get you back. Kat could wake up any minute." He picked Ashley up with ease and glided through the quiet neighborhood back to Ashleys front step. "Well, I... guess I'll see you later." He looked at his feet.
Ashley nodded and went inside quietly, careful not to wake Kat. Andy sighed heavily and went home. He wasn't sure if his plan was going to work, but it was worth a try, right?