Every Day Feels Like a War

My Heart Is Flawed

Andy's eyes widened, the whites visible around his blue irises. "I need some air." He stood abruptly, walking quickly out the door, probably to smoke a cigarette. Ashley watched the singer leave, confused. Was Andy upset? What set him off this time? He shook his head at the singer's childishness.
"Do you guys know each other? It seemed like he recognized you." Jinxx frowned.
"No." Kat frowned. Her plump lower lip pouted out a bit. "Does he not like me?" She asked, voice wavering.
That little shake hurt him a lot. He immediately felt guilty for Andy's behavior. He sighed and wrapped his arms around her. He buried his face in her messy hair and tenderly kissed the top of her head. "No, honey.. He's just temperamental sometimes... That's all." He kissed her nose next and held her hand. "Lets eat something. Don't worry about Andy." They walked to the serving counter to get breakfast.
She picked out an apple from the array of fruit and wrapped her arms around him, head nuzzled into his shoulder. "What if he really doesn't like me, Ash..?" She asked worriedly. Judging by her tone, this was really worrying her.
Ashley looked at her. He turned his head to kiss her temple. "He'll come around. Don't worry about him, my angel."
She smiled shakily, clearly reassured for the time being. "Okay.." Together, they walked back to the table and sat down. After they ate, they decided to walk around and get to know each other a little better. Ashley wrapped an arm around her shoulders and she held his hand, keeping her close against his side. They talked about everything under the sun, sharing little stories and jokes. By the time they'd gotten back to the hotel, Ashley had never felt closer to anyone before. It was like he was under a spell. She was oddly enchanting and he kind of liked it. There was a kind of hypnotic beauty in her greenish blue eyes, keeping him focused on nothing but her. "Hey, Ash? Isn't that Andy?" Kat asked hesitantly as they approached the hotel.
Ashley looked around and saw what she meant. Andy was sitting outside the hotel doors on a bench, eyes distant and directed at the sky. Suddenly, he moved and locked eyes with Ashley. He smiled a bit before noticing Kat. Then his expression changed and his smile fell. At first, he looked wounded. Betrayed, Ashley thought. Next, he looked angry. He stood and glared at Kat. His eyes were narrow and his jaw set, determined yet furious. Ashley pulled her inside to escape from the ferocity of his glare. "Sorry.. About him." He murmured. "Really. He's just - he's been in a weird mood."
"It's okay. Don't worry." She giggled and gently kissed his lips. "I have you and that's all that matters. I don't need him to like me now. If you said he'll come around, I believe you. If he doesn't, well.. I'll persuade him with my good looks and feminine charms." She joked, completely deadpan.
Ashley repressed a giggle in her hair. "Funny and gorgeous. I've hit the jackpot." He teased. They went back up to the room to cuddle together for awhile before they had to separate for the last few tour dates. "I'll be back soon." He kissed her up against the side of the bus for a moment and pulled out of her embrace. He breathed his goodbyes along her soft skin, holding her close for a long minute. He finally, reluctantly, released her and got on the bus. Andy was already sitting on the couch, hands in his lap as he politely waited. "Hi, Ash!" He chirped, obviously relieved that he was alone.
Ashley looked down at him. "So.. What's up? Why do you hate Kat so much?" He sighed.
Andy grimaced. "I don't- Ashley... She's.. She's not good for you."
Ashley blinked. "Why not?" He asked. "She's a sweetie. You'd know that if you met her at breakfast." He said the last part under his breath. "Was kind of hoping to introduce her to you. But you were too busy throwing a tantrum."
Andy gave him that hurt look again. For a moment, his chest tightened with guilt. It was hard to breathe under those wounded blue eyes, like the tangible guilt was pulling at his heart and constricting his breath. Andy stood up, putting his hands on Ashley's shoulders. The whole movement seemed patronizing almost, like an adult talking to a small child. "Ash, I know what I'm doing and she's really not good for you." He said calmly, speaking slowly to ensure Ashley understood. Honestly, he didn't. Why was Andy so against Kat?
Ashley scoffed at him. "And what are you doing? Besides making her miserable." He crossed his arms. "You're my best friend, Andy. Is it too much to ask for some support?"
Andy stared down at him. "Ash- Ashley.. I do support you..." He said softly. "With any other girl in the world. This one gives me a bad feeling. Please- just listen to me."
Ashley pulled away. "Andy- I'm listening. I just don't understand what you want from me. I really like this girl. She's not even my "type" and I really like her. Can't you support that? Please. For me." He pleaded. "I want you to be happy for me. I've finally found someone that I really like. Can't you be happy?"
Andy looked like he was biting his tongue. His face appeared very falsely emotionless, oddly smooth and his eyes were empty "Fine, Ashley. You want to chase the girl of your temporary dreams, go for it. I'll be here to tell you 'I told you so.'" He said tightly and walked toward the back. He muttered something under his breath that sounded suspiciously like, "You're going to regret this."
Ashley flinched. Why would he regret it? The worst that would happen was a breakup... But it seemed like Andy knew more than he did. He was more confused than anything now.