Every Day Feels Like a War

A War That's Already Been Won

"You're going to regret this..." Andy muttered to himself as he went to his bunk in the middle of the narrow aisle. Some of the crew members were taking a nap in the row across from him, so he was careful to be quiet as he crawled into his. He pulled the dark curtain closed to give him some privacy as he curled up on his side and stared at the wall. What was he going to do?
He laid there for a while, itching to go back to LA and get rid of the bitch once and for all that had Ashley hanging by a thread. But he couldn't no matter how badly he wanted to.
Someone would notice his strange absence from the bus and it would raise unwanted suspicion, being that people usually didn't disappear from a moving bus.
Kat was left behind in Los Angeles.... Maybe Ashley would come across someone he liked better in the last week of tour. Andy really didn't care if it was a fake bimbo again, he just wanted to keep him away from Kat at all costs. Maybe he'd forget about her...
No... There was no way he would. The way his eyes lit up when Ashley introduced Kat- it was like he really cared about her. Andy wasn't sure if it was her playing with his head or if he honestly found someone he.... loved. Andy cringed immediately. No, there was no way in Hell Andy was going to let Ashley love her. He couldn't...
Ashley was already wrapped around her finger and would probably choose her over everything else. That's what scared Andy the most... And as much as he hated to admit it, he was fighting an already won battle. That's how it had been since the very beginning. Kat was already stronger than Andy and she knew that. Now she was toying with him; having fun watching him grow weaker. Trying to take away Ashley, though, was crossing the line. It was way past the line, in fact. The way she taunted Andy; the way she was taking her time this time around was sickening. All he could do was sit and wait.
Despite the painfully obvious outcome, Andy was going to save Ashley or die trying. He was going to fight the son of a bitch this time. He was going to save Ashley.
"Andy?" Jinxx pried the fabric away from the bunk and looked at him with concerned blue-grey eyes. "What's up, man?"
Andy sat up and looked at him. "Uh, just sitting in my bunk. So, nothing re-"
"Not that you dumbass." Jinxx rolled his eyes and perched on the edge. "I meant this morning. Ever since you laid eyes on Ashleys gir-"
"Don't call her that." Andy cut in.
"Okay... Kat..." Jinxx furrowed his brow. "Ever since you saw Kat you've just been... on edge. Something wrong?"
"Yeah." Andy scoffed bitterly. "Ashley's in love with an evil little bitch is what's wrong."
Jinxx's gentle gaze hardened. "Andrew, I don't care if you don't like her. Hate her for whatever stupid reason you've made up, but Kat is a sweet and caring girl who loves Ashley, and she's hurt that you don't like her. We'd appreciate it if you would just get to know her and-"
Andy stood up and glared. "No way in Hell am I talking to her, got that?" He hissed and stormed to the back lounge, locking the door behind him.
"Andy, this conversation isn't over." Jinxx said from the other side of the door, calmly yet obviously angered just as much as he was.
"You're right. It's not. Here, let me wrap it up for you: I am never going to like Kat and I am never going to pretend to, so there! Conversation over and done with!" Andy spat with his voice dripping with venom. He opened the window in the back and flew out with his wings spread out to their full size. Ash grey and black at the tips of each large feather, slicing through the angry rain clouds as he gained speed and altitude. He could care less if they noticed he was missing, all they cared about was Ashleys damn girlfriend. They probably wouldn't even care that he was gone.
"God damn it!" He cried angrily and pulled out his long silver and black blade, slicing through the demons, which were invisible to the mortal eye. He swung his sword wildly, taking his built up anger and frustration out on the henchmen of Hell that roamed to wreak havoc on the innocent.
Like Ashley.
Andy slowed to a hover, maybe 30 or 40 feet above the ground, and stared at the clouds ahead of him in thought.
Ashley...
His weapon vanished in a quick flash of blinding light and he lowered himself onto the roof of the moving bus right as it passed beneath him.
What was he going to do?
How could he save his best friend without destroying their relationship?
The only way he could keep Ashley alive was if he killed the bond between them... Andy let his wings fall behind him and disappear, siting down on the top of the tour bus as it began to rain. He climbed back inside and sat on the couch, pulling his knees to his chest. What if he couldn't save him?
What if...
"What if I fail again.." Andy whispered to himself, eyes watering and full of the terror that resided within him. He couldn't fail. Not this time.
But he was fighting a war that he had already lost, and Kat had already won.
His thoughts were interuppted once again by a banging on the door. Andy flinched and opened it, head down with his hair dripping wet from the rain he had just come out of.
"Andy- What the hell happened to you?" Jake frowned.
"What do you want, Jake." Andy said quietly, honestly fed up with being the bad guy the entire day. "Come to yell at me about not liking Kat and not being happy for Ashley? Because I've already gotten that schpeel."
Jake frowned and stepped inside, shutting the door behind him. "Actually... no..." He sighed. "I've come to talk to you about Kat, yes. But not to chew you out for having an opinion. Sheesh.. who knew Jinxx could be so intimidating, huh?" He laughed awkwardly. Andy furrowed his brow and leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.
"You got yelled at by Jinxx, too? For what?" He asked, genuinly curious. Jake and Jinxx were usually in agreement with everything. For Jinxx to snap at Jake was a rare occurence, not even that.
"I.. kind of agreed with you." Jake grimaced. "You see, when Kat was being introduced to us and you, um, stormed out like that she had this look on her face... like that was her goal, y'know? To piss you off?"
"What do you mean to piss me off?"
"Andy, what I'm trying to say is- I don't trust her. I don't trust her being with Ashley... I think- I think she may be trying to break us apart." he said in a hushed tone as if they were being watched. "She had this almost evil glint in her eye when you two made eye contact it was... Geez, it was kinda weird. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one, ok? I don't like her either." He nodded. Andy smiled faintly and gave him a gentle hug.
"Thanks, Jake..." He said softly. "Don't worry, ok? She's not gonna break us apart. We're brothers, remember?"
"Right.." he smiled, reassured as he nodded and went back to join the others in their game of Mario Kart up front. Andy stayed back and sat down again. He heard the muffled ringtone of his phone from his bunk and got up to get it. He unplugged it from his charger when he saw that it was an unknown number and went to the back again, shutting the door once again. "Hello?" He answered after the fourth ring. There were a few brief moments of silence before Andy convinced himself it was a stupid prank call and was about to hang up when a soft, sickening voice floated from the other line just before he heard the dial tone.
"I'm coming, brother."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit; Part II by Paramore :3
Heyy so obviously this is a new story by my bae and I and we would LOVE some feed back x3 Comment, subscribe, reccomend, and all that good stuff