Every Day Feels Like a War

Another Fool That's Blind To What's Real

Andy sat across from Kat, eyes burning through her skull. "Explain yourself." he hissed, his blue eyes turning a dark grey in spite of anger. Kat giggled and tossed some silky black hair over her shoulder.
"Oh whatever do you mean, Andy?" She tilted her head. "You know everything already."
Andy clenched his fists. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now." Kat got up and looked out the window at Ashley's retreating form in the direction of the nearest 7/11. She began to walk down the stairs, heels clicking. Andy followed stiffly, glaring at her.
"You know that, too, dear brother. I'm much too strong to be killed by you anyways and you're the strongest opponent I have." She snickered as she shut the door of the back lounge behind him. "That and your friend would be crushed if he came back to see his girlfriend covered in blood, don't you think?"
Andy stood, the point of his long sword poking Kat's neck. Kat rolled her eyes and pushed it away, sending Andy to the floor as his weapon disappeared. He pushed himself off of the floor and tackled her against the wall, grasping her throat. At first, he thought he won. Kat's eyes widened, pupils shrinking as he squeezed her throat tighter.
"Over here." He heard a voice and felt a hard kick to the side. Sure enough, the Kat in his grip evaporated into a fog and disappeared right as Kat's foot jabbed into his ribs.
"Fuck!" He gasped, holding his side and laying on the floor.
"Oh, you always were stubborn." she knelt beside him. "But a challenge. I like challenges." Kat pat his head and sat down again. Andy stared up at her, fuming.
"Why him." he panted. "Why did you have to pick him!?"
Kat tilted her head, amused by her baby brothers despair. "Isn't it obvious? I'm taking people close to you, silly."
"I know that but- but why Ashley?!" Andy sat up painfully and rested against the counter.
"Mm.. y'know. I guess it is kinda hard to figure out. I mean- I thought you loved that one guy I took back in 1954.... and then I saw that girl you were with last time and damn. You really seemed to like her but it turns out that wasn't the case." She shrugged.
"Wait, you think I-"
"I was at the show in Los Angeles the night I saw Ashley on stage with you. Mm... I could care less if you loved him or not, he's just so... perfect..." She purred. "Although, the way you look at him is cute. It's obvious puppy love... Feeling so hopeless when he's out with a different girl each night. But we both know you could have him with the snap of your fingers. The question is... why not?" Kat raised an eyebrow at him, smirking. Andy looked away, running his fingers through his messy hair. "You don't feel right taking advantage of him, right? Because you're so weak... You may be fathers favorite, but you're so weak you can't even save your best friend."
Andy squeezed his eyes shut. Kat was right. Everything she said was right. Everything...
"I will save him." He whispered. "You're not going to take him. Never. I have an army and they would never let you take him!"
"An army? Oh, I wouldn't call a bunch of obsessed teenagers an army." She scoffed. "I'm the ruler of Hell, Andrew. I have an army of the undead, an army of demons."
"I've beaten them before, remember? They're no match for me." Andy laughed lightly, holding his possibly bruised ribs as he stood up.
"Ah..." Kat shook her head and pushed him down again. "But you are no match for me."
Andy's eyes widened as she lifted her hand, her skull scythe appearing in full size. She grasped it and giggled. "I love to play with you, baby brother... You're just so much..." She thought for a word, tauntingly dangling the scythe upside down inches from his face. "fun."
Suddenly the door creaked open up towards the front of the bus. Andy grinned wickedly. "Looks like the funs over, you're about to be-"
Kat winked and snapped her fingers. The scythed disappeared, the room tidied up (or at least enough to look the same as when Ashley left), the Wii turned on and went to the song selection screen for Just Dance 2. Kat tossed a Wii remote at Andy and snickered. "You wish."
"Damn it." Andy muttered.
Ashley opened the door to the back lounge, a smile spreading across his face. "Well look at you two... Getting along well, huh?" He set the six pack of beer and Dorito bags on the couch and kissed Kat's cheek, looking at Andy. "Dude, what the hell are you doing on the floor?"
Andy rolled his eyes and stood up painfully again. "She-"
"We were playing Just Dance 2 and he slipped." Kat giggled innocently. If Andy wasn't her sibling, rival and basically himself in general, he would have fallen for that. So, in a way, he couldn't exactly blame Ashley.
"You lost to a girl, eh?" Ashley teased and elbowed his side. Andy grimaced and held his ribs.
"Whatever, Purdy. Like you could do much better."
"What song was it?" He asked curiously and sat down, taking Andy's remote.
"Sympathy for the Devil." Kat smirked at Andy and sat on Ashley's lap. "I'm too tired to play anymore. Can we go lay down?"
Andy stared. Seriously? She was too tired? Just a minute ago she was about to slice his head in half!
"Of course, darling." he cooed and scooped her up in his strong, tattooed arms. Andy watched, partially sad as he watched them go. Kat was 100% right... He did love Ashley. Maybe a little too much for his own good. He walked behind them, passing as they turned to the stairs. Ashley stopped and frowned.
"Andy? Where you going, kid?" He asked, worry lacing his words. Andy smiled weakly at him and Kat, whose green eyes shone with feign concern.
"Out." He said softly and grabbed his cigarettes.
"Babe, maybe you should have guy time. I don't want to come in between-"
"Nonsense. Andy just needs time to himself." Ashley laughed. "Don't stay out too late!" he began to go up the stairs as Andy left the bus. Andy walked for a while, puffing out rings of smoke from the lit cigarette. So now Andy was hoplessly in love with his best friend, who was wrongly in love with the Devil.
This was just great