One in a Million

Chapter 2

17/07/2014

Brooke’s Outfit

As I opened my eyes, I felt my body so weak and broken. My mind was lost in a thick mist as my head was hurting like hell. I was feeling like a vampire who was allergic to sunlight. My eyes were so much hurting that I had to open and close them several times before I was totally awake and kinda conscious. It seemed that I feel asleep with my clothes that I wore on last night. My hair, outfit, skin were smelling alcohol and cigarettes so much that it was making me sicker with nauseas. I felt so nauseous, and my stomach was hurting so much. I closed my eyes for a few more seconds as I tried to remember of what happened on last night. The last flashbacks I had were that Kayle, Julia and I was at Ushuaia Club, danced, had a lot drinks, yes we should have drunk so much, otherwise I wouldn’t feel like a train has drove on my whole body. I looked to the alarm clock that was on the left side bed table which shown 13:05 PM. I opened my eyes because I wasn’t believing that it could be that so late. “OMG Brooke, what happened on last night, what you did.” I mumbled to myself. It was so dark in my head. I really tried so hard to remember even only of a little detail, but nothing came up, it was a black out. I slowly got out of my bed and walked directly to the bathroom, still feeling a little drunk. I looked to my face in the mirror and couldn’t believe that it was me. Those ugly black circles under my eyes, my lips so dry, and my face looked so wasted. My hands covering my mouth, I looked at myself with disgust. “What the hell happened” I spoke to myself. I took off my dress and thrown it on the floor, because the only thing I wanted to have was a cold and fresh shower and wash my hair, and maybe after that I would feel better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt fresher after my shower, but still so sick. At any moment I could throw up, I was feeling it. I didn’t put a dress on me, but one of my bikini instead, because I wanted to head directly to the beach, have a sun tan, breath the ocean air, yes it would make me feel better. My neon yellow VS beach bag on my shoulder, with two beach towels and sun care lotions in it, I walked to the dining room where I found Kaylee who was reading the newspaper. I put my huge sunglasses so she would not notice how horrible I was looking, and also because my eyes were hurting so much.

“Helloooo my beautiful party girl.” Kaylee exclaimed with a bright smile followed by a laugh.

“Yes, yes, go ahead and laugh at me, because it’s very funny.” I mumbled.

“Darling, even with your huge sunglasses, I can see that your face looks so horrible, but it’s so okay, I’m happy about it.”

“Happy, are you kidding Kaylee, I have one the worst hangover of my life and you’re happy about it.” I said with a pout and sigh.

“No No, I’m not laughing in a bad way, I just mean that you had an awesome night, and I’m very happy for you.” Kaylee said as she drank a sip of her orange juice. Looking at that orange juice made me thirsty in a sudden, so I grabbed the water bottle that was on the table and drank a sip of it. There were also Tonic Water cans, and put one in my bag. I would drink it later on the beach. And I really didn’t want to have any form of food, just thinking about it made me sicker.

“Kaylee, can you tell me what happened on last night?” I asked in confusion.

“Oh no, don’t tell me that you forgot?” Kaylee said with big eyes.

“And what is that huge pretty cake doing on the table?”

“Okay, so you really forgot, everything.”

“Not, not everything, I remember we were at Ushuaia Club, having a lot of fun, dancing, drinking, and dancing, is that all happen, right?” I asked with a grimace of uncertainty.

“Come here and sit down.” Kaylee said as she move a chair for me to sit down next to her.

“So, what happened?” I asked being so curious as I sit on the chair. Kaylee looked at me with that funny glare.

“Kaylee, please, tell me, I wanna go to the beach soon, so, go ahead and talk.” I said with with an urge voice.

“We danced, drunk a lot, I mean maybe more that we use to in normal days or parties, we met Marco Reus, the footballer, you remember him?”

“Ehhhh, no, I don’t, Marco Reus, where does he come from?”

“Just before we enter the club, Marco and his friends came from no where and got inside before us because they were on a stupid gold VIP list, and you were very angry, still don’t remember?”

“Ehhhhhh no.” I answered with an hesitant voice and stared at her, being all confused.

“OMG, but so many things happen Brooke, so many, when we were dancing, you wanted to take a picture of me and Julia, but you and Marco’s back hot together, he just had the time to grab you or you would have fall on the ground, then he recognized you, that you were the girl he passed front at the club entry, he apologized and said it wasn’t his fault, you were not believing him maybe.”

“What?” I said in stupor. I couldn’t believe the words coming out of Kaylee’s mouth.

“It’s not over, finally, you, or we accepted his offer to have a drink to his VIP lounge, with his friends, Brooke he was really sweet and cute, believe me. There we met his friends, Marcel, Robin and others but I don’t remember their names, shame, we drank again, and Marco had his eyes constantly on you, I didn’t forget that. I told them that it was your birthday, and we all have a drink in your honor, and then, Axwell announced that it was your birthday, all the lights turn in dark, everybody sung happy birthday, there was a huge cake carried by a waiter, you blew your candles, had other drinks, pictures with Marco and his friends, and finally pulled Marco to the dance floor, and believe me girl, you guys looked so fucking fucking cute together.”

“OMG, Kaylee, tell me it’s a joke, a joke please.”

“No Brooke, I’m serious, here are pictures of the night.” Kaylee said as she gave me her phone and I looked at all the pictures. Gosh I wasn’t recognizing myself at all. Was that me. I love to party, but this one, was above everything I ever had. I put my hand on my mouth as I looked at the pictures I had with Marco, and still couldn’t believe it was real. He was smiling on every pictures, gosh his smile was really cute and beautiful. But he was Marco Reus, the footballer, why he was hanging with normal people. I was in shock. Me and Marco daning together, hugging like if we were a couple, what the hell happened.

“And that’s all, okay, that’s all happened.” But when I looked at her face, I knew that it was not over, that something else happened.

“Not exactly, well, when you and Marco were dancing, you weren’t able to stand anymore on your feet, and almost fell asleep on his chest. Marco brought you to us, and we decided that it was time to get out of the party, it was almost 4AM. You weren’t able to walk, and thrown up on Marco’s white shirt.”

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.” I screamed.

“But it’s okay Brooke, he wasn’t angry, it’s okay.”

“Kaylee, I was drunk like I don’t know, acted so stupidly, vomit on one of Marco’s expensive shirt, and you tell me it’s okay.” I said feeling that my head ache rose another level.

“You were too weak, so he carried you on his back to the bungalow, and then to your bed.” Kaylee winked.

“OMG, No, I don’t believe you, no.”

“And Marcel brought the cake.”

“Kaylee, what am going to do now, OMG, I feel like shit now, ashamed as well.”

“Heyyy Brooke, you don’t have, you just had a blast, you deserved all the things that happened to you, the huge party, Marco Reus, and he was really cute and amazing with us. He’s a great guy you know, he’s different from the other footballers.”

“So that mean I will have to have compassion and thank him for what he did?”

“No, you’re not forced to, but I’m just telling you, in case you meet him again, that a little thank you won’t kill you.”

“Okay Kaylee, so if I meet him again, thing that might now happen, I’ll thank him.”

“Good girl, and who knows, we are in Ibiza, he must be at the hotel or maybe on a yatch. And the marina is only 20 minutes from here, so why not, maybe you guys will meet again.”

“The hell no, OMG okay, maybe he helped us, but that’s all, it stops from here.”

“You cannot say when something will stop, oh and you guys look so cute together.” Kaylee said with a laugh making me fume.

“Oh stop it now, stop it please.” I said as I rose from my chair.

“Heyy, how did Axwell knew it was my birthday?” I added in exclamation.

“I don’t know.” Kaylee answered making an innocent face and shrugged her shoulders. According to her face, I already knew that she was the one who organized this. So I remained silent and smiled at her.

“Thanks, and where is Julia.?”

“At the beach.”

“Okay, I’ll join her, I really need to breath fresh air, are you joining us.?”

“I will, but first I have to go to the super market and see what we gonna have for dinner, maybe a chicken salad and pasta, what do you think?”

“Honestly, I don’t don’t wanna think about food at the moment, so you decide, I’m sure it will be perfect.” I said as I stepped out of the house The beach was only a few metres from the house. What a beautiful view we had, gosh, I wish I could live here forever. But something was really bothering my mind, what happened on last night, my behaviour and Marco. I couldn’t smile just the idea of thinking about it.

“Brooke’s POV”

“OMFG, what just happened. I was so shocked by Kaylee’s revelations. OMG, my behaviour, so much alcohol. What was I thinking. And Marco Reus, why was he in the background, why was he looking at me this way. And the worst, he carried me on his back, and I thrown up on his shirt. Damn Brooke you just stupid as always. As Kaylee said, and I knew she was right depite I didn’t want to admit it, I would have to thank him if I encounter him again in Ibiza. Something I wish that would not happen.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laying on my beach towel, my body covered with sun lotion, my sun glasses on my nose, that sea breeze and the hot sun. It was just all perfect, and I was feeling so good, much better than when I woke up. My eyes being closed and enjoying the sun on my skin, wow, what a feeling, I couldn’t describe it because it was so good. In Germany, I didn’t like to get tan, because the sun wasn’t the same than here in Ibiza. Gosh, I wish I could live here forever, but it was only in my dream. You had to be rich to live in Ibiza, and I was so far from being rich, very very very far. I had a little job, had my own life, was able to pay my apartment rent, my bills and had my monthly budget, and I was very happy and proud of myself.

“Look who’s there.” I heard a masculine voice talking and approaching us, making me look who it was and so did Julia. This voice, I already heard it somewhere, and that face too. But he wasn’t alone, someone else was accompanying him, and even though he was just a few metres from Julia and I, had a feeling I knew him. The more they were approaching us, the more I came to recognize them. I stared at both of them, specially at this blonde boy who kinda saved me this early morning. I felt something weird happening into me but in my mind as well, I had no idea of how to behave in front of him. The worst I imagined was happening at the moment making me so stress.

“Hey guys.” Julia answered being so normal and natural with a smile. I looked at her with weird eyes and then look back at Marco and his friend Robin, well I guess it was his name.

“So, how’s is the party girl doing?” Marco asked me, now he was standing so close to me. I could feel how much he was staring at me, making me feel a bit uncomfortable, because I was just wearing a bikini. “Say something, say something Brooke.” I said to myself.

“Oh, uhhm, well I’m having a bad hangover but I’m okay Marco.” I answered in a calm voice and a smile, trying to be polite. Marco then smile at me and at this moment, I had a sort of flashback coming back to my mind, yes, that smile. I came to remember that he was the guy who smiled at me in the same way when he entered the club before us.

“Drink a lot of water and keep on breathing some fresh air, then you’ll be ready to party again.” Marco said with a little laugh making all of the three laughed.

“Oh no, I will never drink that much again, never.”

“Never say never Brooke, in life we never know what might happen.” Marco said as he put his two hands in his black short.

“I agree, yes you’re right, oh ehhhm Marco, thank you so much for bringing me back to the bungalow, and also I’m so so so so sorry that I throw up on your white shirt, really I’m sorry.” I said nicely as I could.

“You don’t have to thank me Brooke, and don’t worry about the shirt, I’ll keep it as a good souvenir, and wear it again.”

“Be sure to wash it first.” I said with a laugh and smile, making Marco to smile even more as he removed his sunglasses and kept on looking at me. My god, why was he always looking at me this way. I broke our eye contact and pretend to look at Julia who was looking at both Marco and Robin.

“Cool then.” I answered because nothing else came to my mind. Marco and Robin both looked at each other and again talked in German, very silently, that Julia and I couldn’t hear them.

“What are you chatting about boys?” Julia asked in a sudden so naturally. Marco and Robin stopped talking and looked at both of us.

“Okay, you girls are really cool, we enjoyed your presence on last night, so we were thinking to invite you at a party we’ll organize on our yatch tomorrow night, and it would be so nice if you join us.” Robin asked both of us. I remained mouth opened for a moment and looked at Julia again who seemed so surprised too by their invitation.

“Are you inviting the three of us?” Julia asked.

“Yes, the three of you, you won’t regret it, I promise.” Robin said.

“Then you must really appreciate us.” Julia added.

“Of course we do, after we left your bungalow, we talked about you, how cool you were, and that it should be fun to have another party together.”

“What do you think Brooke, you ready for another round of hard party?” Julia asked looking at me. I was seized, not knowing what to answer. Everything was going too fast. I came to Ibiza to have fun with my friends, and not to meet a famous and his friends. It wasn’t plan in my schedule at all. But the way Julia asked and looked at me, I could feel she wall all excited and in.

“Julia, maybe we should talk about it with Kaylee first.”

“Oh, take your time to decide girl, I gave you my number, so when you’ve decided, just give me a call or send me a text message.” Robin said as he gave a card to Julia, which more looked like a business card.

“Thank Robin, and yes, it’s better that we discuss, and I’ll let you know, sure.” Julia said as she grabbed the card and looked at Robin. I didn’t appreciate what was going on, because it was my holidays, and I felt they were going in the wrong way.

“Great, so let’s keep in touch girls, and have a nice day.” Robin said as Marco and him began to walk away from us. But Marco turned his head and back and kept on looking at me as he kept on walking. Of course I was looking at him too because he had a great butt, but I don’t know, the way he looked at me was very weird. Why me. I wasn’t a model, I had no fake big boobs, I wasn’t blonde. I wasn’t rich. “Why he don’t look at the thousands of blonde and brunette bimbos that are here in Ibiza.” I said to myself as I kept on looking at them, who was at a good distance now.

“What do you think, are we going or nor?” Julia asked as she drank a sip of water from her bottle. I was lost a bit in my thoughts and the vision of that beautiful view I had of the sea and beach.

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“Ohhh ouuuh, you there?”

“Yes, I am, I was looking at the blue sea, it’s so beautiful.”

“Yes it is, so, should we go or not, to the party.?”

“Julia, I don’t wanna sound rude or selfish, but we planned to spend our holidays together, and not with Reus and his friends.”

“I know you would have say that. Sweetie, listen, having some fun with them doesn’t mean we’ll break our friendship rules or plans, we still there to enjoy our holidays and nothing will change that, let’s just say that it’s a little bonus.” I was a little puzzled by her answer. I really thought she would have say no and stick to our plans, but it seemed that she was already floating on her cloud, just because of that invitation. I kept on looking at her and put a fake smile on my lips, trying to hide my dissatisfaction.

“Yeah, you must be right.” I said in disbelief and lay again on the towel.

“Brooke, don’t be angry please.”

“I’m not Julia, I’m not, I just feel not well, I have a bad headache.” I said as an excuse.

“And that headache is maybe due because your neurons didn’t hold the excitement at how he was looking at you.”

“What do you mean.”

“Don’t play to that game with me, Marco, he was eyeing you so intensively, like he did on last night.”

“I don’t care Julia, I’m here to refresh my mind, please can we get back to our sun tanning and relaxation,” I said with an annoyed voice, as I put my earphones in my ear and looked for some Rihanna’s song on my song playlist in my phone. But honestly, I couldn’t understand why Marco Reus was looking at me the way he did. I started to listen to “Phresh Out The Runway”, trying to forget about what happened.