One in a Million

Chapter 3 Part 2

19/07/2014

My eyes were so heavy and painful when I slowly opened them. Heavy like someone put some rocks on them. I had to open and close them several times so that they would adjust to the clear view of the sea that I was having in front of me. That cool air breeze really helped me also, it was so perfect to wake up like this. Despite my heavy and painful eyes, I wasn’t having any nauseas or a very violent headache, like the one I had a few days ago. Oh yeah, I promised to myself that I wont have such hangover again. What I remember from last night we all had fun, danced all night long, ate a lot also, I think we finished all the food they had ordered, because it was really delicious fine food. I should have danced a lot because my feet and legs were really painful. What a nice feeling of being able to remember all those details, instead of having a big black hole in my mind. I spread my arms, and I felt that my left hand and arm hit something, so I looked to what it was and to my greatest surprise, it was Marco. I really couldn’t believe it that Marco was there, sleeping next to me, snoring lightly. So it was true, Marco Reus was a snorer. I once read it in a German Football magazine, his friends revealed that he was a snorer, and sometimes, he could snore heavily, preventing them from sleeping. But today was my chance, he was snoring peacefully. I changed my position, when I felt that Marco’s arm and hand were around my neck, making the situation really weird. “How did his arm arrive there?” I said to myself. I closed my eyes, and tried to remember what happened on last night, and mostly, how we did we end sleeping together embraced into each other like this. My eyes closed, I tried really hard to make my mind worked out. A few flashes came back, I was seeing me and Marco dancing, drinking also, laughing at some silly jokes, yes that stupid little blond made me laugh a lot, and it was another truth, Reus was someone that loved to make the others laugh. It must have been very early in the morning when we fell asleep, because I remember that the sky colors changed, meaning the sun was not far to rise. My mind was still a little sleepy, maybe that’s why I couldn’t remember exactly how Marco and I ended to sleep together on this huge and comfortable mattress. I gently moved out of the mattress, because I did not want to wake up Marco who was sleeping too peacefully, he looked like a baby. Marcel and Kaylee were sleeping next to each other as well on the long sofa, or should I say, that she was sleeping on him, I wondered what these two did, or did even something happen, because these two were very drunk. As I walked next to them, in a quick glance I looked at them, and both were sleeping also, I couldn’t hold myself and had to laugh silently, because their sleeping position was so damn funny. If I had my phone, I would have take a picture and show them. I looked around me, and saw that there were only the four of us, maybe that the rest of the group were at the front of the yatch, so I decided to look for them.

“Brooke, how was your sleep?” Julia who was laying on her towel and having a sun bath asked me.

“Hey, I slept good and you, hey what time is it?” I asked as I looked around me, all of them were sun bathing.

“11:30 AM sweetie.” Lisa answered. I was a bit shocked because of the time, gosh, how could I have sleep for so many long hours.

“What, 11:30 AM, damn, I hate to sleep like that.” I mumbled as I walked to the little stairs and sat on it. Waking up at such a late hours was always playing on my mood, so I had to stay alone for a short moment, it was always like that. Sitting on the stairs, my arms folded around me, I looked at the sea waves that were slowly hitting the yatch. I was so close to the water, this beautiful and gorgeous blue sea. Again I was lost in my thoughts, thinking about how I enjoyed this party on last night, something that I never imagine could happen to me, I was like still dreaming. Thinking about all these good moments brought a smile to my face as I kept on looking to the sea movements.

“You had fun on last night?” Lisa asked me, with her voice coming in a sudden, breaking my reverie.

“Yes, very much, it was really nice.” I answered with a smile.

“See, I told you to relax, enjoy the moment, and everything would be alright.” Lisa said as she bent over the yatch hand rail and looked at the sea.

“And yes you was right, thanks Lisa, you’re so nice with me.”

“Oh come on sweetie, you don’t have to thank me for that, I’m always nice with the nicest people, hey the water seems so good, I think I wanna get in it.” Lisa said when suddenly Roman who was walking silently behing her, grabbed her in a sudden and thrown her into the sea. At this moment I stood up on my feet and looked at Lisa who was floating in the water.

“Very funny, Roman, now you have to join me.” Lisa yelled. These two were such an amazing and beautiful couple, they were funny, and seemed to be so committed to each other. You could feel they were so in love. I looked at Roman’s face expression and laugh when he was watching at Lisa swimming, he was really an unexpectedly funny guy. Roman looked at me and winked in a funny manner, making me laugh. Yes, all of that was very funny to me. These people were crazy and funny.

“Okay, I’m joining you hun.” Roman said, removing his tshirt and immediately jumped into the sea. I kept on looking at these two when something made me look to my left. It was Marco and Marcel and Kaylee as well. Looked like these three just woke up at the same time. As I looked at Marco, I felt that a sort of happiness and joy were invading me. I really had no idea of what it was, but all I knew that I was happy that he woke up. He wasn’t wearing any tshirt, only bare chested, and as usual wearing a black cap. I kept on staring at him, like something that my eyes were being attracted to, when his face turned to me and smiled to me, so I smiled to him in return. Marco then walked to my direction.

“Hallo.” Marco said with a smile as he looked at Roman and Lisa who were playing like kids in the water.

“Hey.” I said with a smile then looked at him.

“Did you sleep well?”

“Yes, I did, sleeping on a yatch, in the middle of the ocean is always nice.”

“Yeah, it, and what happened to Lisa and Roman?” Marco asked curiously as he looked at them.

“Oh, Roman pushed her into the water and it was very funny.”

“Really?”

“Yeah…”

“Any hangover today?”

“Nopes, just a light headache, but it’s okay.”

“Nothing, you sure, no nauseas?” Marco insisted.

“No, nothing, why?” I asked as I bent of the free hand rail area of the yatch to look at some beautiful fishes.

“Okay, then you won’t mind if I do this.” Marco said when I felt that his hands pushed hard on my back, making me fall into the water. I just realized what happened when my head and body were under the water, and I swim to float on the surface of the water. After I realized what happened, anger gained over me, because I wasn’t ready to jump like that in the water, and luckily I was wearing my bikini. Marco laughed so hard as he pointed his finger at me, making me angrier.

“Brookiiiiiiiiiii, what happened?” Kayleed asked in a loud laugh as she was pointing her phone at my direction.

“Marco, I hate you, I fucking hate you.” I yelled in anger.

“No, you adore me.” Marco answered.

“Yeah, she totally adores you Reus.” Robin said as both of them high fived their hands, like they did won a victory.

“I promise that you’ll pay for that, I promise.” I kept on yelling. Of course that I was angry at the moment, because I got really surprised by what happened, but then seeing how funny the situation, I began to smile and laugh silently.

“I’m all ready and impatient.” Marco said. I noticed again how he was being in admiration and the way he was looking at me, but I preferred not to keep on looking at him, I didn’t want him to interpret that as a flirtation or something like that, because it wasn’t my intention at all. Swimming slowly back to the yatch stairs, I was ready to climb them, when Marco tend me his hand to help me to get out of the water, at first I was hesitant to grab it, but when our faces hit each other again, and the way he was looking at me, I ffelt I was loosing my senses and without no explanations, I seized it, helping me to get out of the water.

“You mean Marco.” I said to Marco as my body was close to his, looking deeply in his eyes and then pushed him back, making my way back to the front of the yatch. I grabbed one of the towel, and put it around my wet bikini, and sit on one of the chair.

“How is the water?” Julia asked me, as she grabbed a chair and sat next to me.

“The water is really good, you should try it.” I answered as I dried my hair with another towel.

“I will, but not now, hey Brooki, you noticed how Marco constantly got his eyes on you?”

“Julia, please, don’t start with this, please.” I said exasperatedly, because I knew that Julia was right, and of course that I noticed how Marco was constantly looking at me. I just did not wanted to admit it, or maybe that I was afraid, because there was that strange feeling growing inside of me about him.

“You can keep on denying it, but something change in the way you look at him Brooki.” Julia answered with no hesitation. I remained mouth opened, and took a deep breath, feeling goose flesh all around my body. “Why, why is this happening, come on Brooke, have the control of your emotions like you always did.” I said to myself.

“Hey guys, let’s prepare lunch and then we can do some jetski.” Marcel proposed, erupting in front of us, when in a sudden Kaylee put her arms around my shoulders and hugged me.

“Yeahhh, great idea, because I’m starting to feel hungry, so what we gonna have for lunch?” Kaylee asked as she looked at Marcel with an interrogative glare.

“You can come with me to our mini kitchen and we’ll see what we can prepare.”

“Yeah, sure, let’s go then.” Kaylee said as she walked to Marcel and grabbed him by his arm, both walking together inside the yatch. Julia and I looked at them with so much interrogation and then looked at each other.

“Is it only for Ibiza, or you think she will keep in touch with him when our holidays will be over?” I asked frowning my eyes.

“You know with Kaylee, we never know, she is unpredictable, so let’s wait and see if it’s only a summer crush.” Julia answered shrugging her shoulders in a funny manner.

“Yes, you’re right, let’s see.”

“Just like you and Reus.” Julia suggested showing her tongue.

“Oh god Julia, stop it please, nothing happened among me and Marco, okay.” I answered making things clear in my voice.

“Yes, something happened, but you’re just too stubborn to admit it, I know you Brooke.”

“And what happened?” I dared to ask with a head movement.

“You’ll see it when the vacations are going to be over Brooki.”

“What?” I asked confusedly, frowning my eyes. I was really confused, because I was not understanding what Julia meant.

“Just be patient, all that I know is that this holidays here in Ibiza brought something new in your life, I feel it girl, hey by the way I have an idea.” Now I was even more confused by her words. I wanted to know what she was talking about.

“Julia, come to the point.”

“We should invite them to the bungalow, maybe for a dinner on the beach, to thank them.”

“You mean all of them, at our bungalow?” I said without blinking my eyes. Julia was right, after this superb party we had on last night, and how nice they have been to us, I think that we should have done something in return for them.

“Yes, I think it wouldn’t be nice from us Brooke to not invite them after what they done for us.” Julia said with a begging voice and a puppy face.

“Alright, let’s do that.” I said smiling, because I felt happy and kinda excited about this idea.

“OMG, am I dreaming, Miss Brooke said yes.” Julia said enthusiastically with a large smile on her lips.

“Yes, Miss Brooke said yes, so when they can come?”

“Tomorrow?”

“Okay, it’s perfect, hey maybe we can let Kaylee know also.”

“Oh, no need to, she’ll agree, she always agree when there is a party to happen, and specially that Marcel her “New Friend” gonna be there.” Julia said looking at Marcel and Kaylee who was busy at chatting. Gosh these two were like inseparable. Has Kaylee fell for the cute Marcel, I really didn’t know.

“Yeah, you’re right, I think you should give the invitation, I’m not so good at it.” I said in a whisper.

“Your attention please.” Julia said with a high voice, making me very surprised. I really didn’t expect that she would give the invitation so quickly, she was crazy.

“Seems that somebody has a big announcement to make.” Robin said, as all of his attention was caught on Julia, then Marco approached him, and his his hand on his shoulder. I could see that he was seemed very interested by what Julia had to tell.

“You’re right my little Robin, so, Brooki and I were talking about you, we were thinking to have a dinner tomorrow at our “Little” bungalow, and that would be our pleasure to have all of you for this dinner.” Julia said, she looked like a speaker, she has always been good at giving invitations, she knew which words to use. I turned my head and saw how the two boys seemed so happy and interested by our invitation, Marco looked at Robin, and Robin looked at Marco, talking in German.

“Of course that we’ll come, but you girls have to know that we have a very huge appetite, so you’re warned.” Robin said funnily, making Julia and I laugh at each other.

“Don’t worry about that, we know how to handle boy’s appetite.” I replied without looking at the boys, but I felt that Marco’s eyes were on me, analyzing me from head to toe, and again, I felt that strange feeling invading me, a feeling that I couldn’t define. I didn’t know if I was liking it or not, or was this allowed, that Marco Reus was looking me that way, it was all confusing.

“It seems that the party is still going on girls.” Marco said, his words and his voice tone gave me those goose flesh, and made me smile uncontrollably.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The Bungalow.”

After my cold and fresh shower, I wasn’t feeling sleepy, so I preferred to sit at the little swimming pool outside and breath some fresh air. Sitting comfortably on a chair, with a pillow behind my back for some extra comfort, I was having a look at my Instagram feed news, and added a few pictures of my awesome holidays with my girls. Scrolling down all those pictures, I realized how lucky I was to have Kaylee and Julia as my best friends in my life. I looked at the pictures we had at the Ushuaia Club, how crazy we were, the fun we had, and mostly how drunk I was. I never imagine that I would have such holidays in my life, me the simple girl, facing the real life, who always had big dreams in her head. Those holidays in Ibiza were above all my expectations. Specially the fact that we encounter Marco and his friends, turned friends, maybe not the super friends as real friends, but we get so well along each others. Me, encountering Marco Reus, the famous footballer, and partying with him, who could have imagined this. My phone in my hand, I was still looking for the funniest picture we had at Ushuaia to post it on my Insta and to tag Julia and Kaylee, when I felt the phone was vibrating. I looked to that it was, and saw that someone send me a text message, but it was from an unknown number. I pressed the read button and wanted to see who it was.

“Hallo Miss, what’s up, what are you doing?” I looked at my screen with a suspicious glare and wondered who it was.

“Who is this?” I typed as a reply, being all curious and wanting to know who this sender was.

“Please, don’t tell me that you already forgot me L.” I read the message carefully, when something in my mind was telling me that it might me Marco. This suggestion of mine, brought a smile to my face.

“Marco?” I typed quickly and pressed the send button.

“You scared me Brooki, I really thought you forgot me :P.” Knowing that it was really Marco, made me smile more.

“You’re so lucky that I didn’t forget you Reus, and how did you get my number?”

“I asked to Robin, hope you don’t mind.”

“And what if it bothers me?”

“I’ll keep on texting you :P”

“You’re so annoying… :P”

“I know, but that’s why you like me so much :P”

“No, I still hate you Marco, for what you did today, but I’ll have my revenge, I’m just waiting the right time.”

“I really enjoyed to push you in the water, your face, you looked so pissed, and it was AWESOME :D :D”

“You little a****** Reus, I hate you so much :D :D”

“No, you adore me, just admit it :D”

“Never… :P”

“No, but seriously, it was really cool on last night, hope you enjoy the party.”

“Yesssssssss, it was so cool, you and your friends are so cool and friendly, and again thanks for being so nice with us ;).”

“See I was right, you like me…. :P :P”

“OMG, Marco, shut up please …. :P”

“Sorry, but I can’t hold myself to tease you… :P”

“I’ll have my revenge Marco Reus, you can be sure…”

“I can’t wait for it… :D”

“You’ve been warned.!!!”

“Uhhhh I’m so afraid.”

“You better be :D :D”

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing, sitting at the marina with Robin and Roman, we’re bored.!! What about you?”

“Awwww poor guys, so sad. Nothing much,just breathing some fresh air, I can’t sleep, it’s too early.”

“You like to sleep late?”

“Yes, I do…”

“The same here… So what you girls gonna prepare for us, for the dinner?”

“We don’t know yet, but you don’t have to worry, there will be enough of food, you guys eat like dinosaurs :P :P.”

“Dinosaurs??!!!” I laughed so loudly at his last message.

“Yeah dinosaurs, I saw how you eat Reus, don’t deny it!!”

“Okay Miss, I admit it, but that’s our secret, I eat a lot.”

“No worry, your secret is safe with me…”

“Thanks Brooki.”

“See you on tomorrow then? J”

“I won’t miss it for nothing…”

“Genial, have a nice night with your friends ;)”

“You too Brooki… see ya… :P”