‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 22: Alex's P.O.V.

“I'll take you there
Always be there
Please take me there…”

I’ll Take You There, Sleeping With Sirens.

As I walked leisurely to where Jack had requested to meet me – on the edge of the woods near school – I wondered what he had planned. It had snowed during the night, so my converse-clad feet crunched in the snow. Christmas suddenly felt very near, and that reminded me that soon I would have to make a decision whether or not I’d take Jack as my boyfriend.

But I wouldn’t think of that. For now, it would do just to enjoy whatever Jack had planned for today. He hadn’t given anything away at school, and it was bugging me. Normally, I could get Jack to tell me anything (not everything) if I put my mind to it. Annoyingly, he’d kept the secret from me when I’d pestered him about it.

Then again, I guessed that keeping the secret that he liked (loved possibly?) me from me, would have given him a great advantage.

As I approached the place where Jack should have been standing, I noticed a trail of lights leading into the forest. I looked around, there was no Jack, but there was a note on a nearby tree saying ‘ALEX’ on the front. I picked it up and read it.

It said:

Alex,
I’m at the end of the lights.
Follow them,
Jack. :)


I smiled. Jack could be very sweet when he wanted to be, and because of this, I began to follow the trail of lights. I admired them as I went further into the rapidly darkening forest. If it wasn’t for the fact that I knew Jack was in here somewhere, I would have been scared. I continued down the path, minding the uneven ground, and sure enough, I came across a clearing.

In the middle of the clearing was Jack, who was smiling at me as I gazed around, taking in the fairy lights that circled the area, lighting Jack and the checked blanket he was sitting on up. He had a basket in front of him. I wondered what was in there. I sat down next to him, pulling my thick purple Ravens hoodie closer to my body. The cold air went down my back.

“You cold?” Jack asked.

My eyes snapped to him and nodded, “Yeah, a little bit.”

Jack pulled another blanket from the pile next to him and passed it to me. I draped it around my shoulders gratefully.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

Jack opened the basket and a wonderful smell came out.

“Oh my God, what is that?” I gasped, sniffing the air.

He grinned, putting a hand into the basket and pulling out a covered dish, “It’s just some ham and cheese sandwiches with chocolate tiffin for after.”

“Oh yeah?” I accepted the sandwich, adjusting the blankets around my shoulders a little, and promptly moaned as the warm bread hit my senses, “You didn’t mention that it was warm!”

He shrugged, biting into his own sandwich, “I don’t mention a lot of things.”

“That’s probably true.” I replied, devouring my sandwich and immediately going for a second.

“Nice then?”

“Well yeah.”

Jack smiled, a secret sort of smile that made me think.

“You made these didn’t you?” I said, pausing in eating my fucking gorgeous sandwich.

His brown eyes went wide and he replied, “Y-yeah. I did.”

I nodded, “Well, it’s good, really good.”

My best friend’s face went red, and he ducked his head.

I continued, swallowing the last of my sandwich, “They are. I love them.”

“Thanks.” Jack mumbled, barely loud enough for me to hear him, still not lifting his head.

I stared at him for a brief moment, and then, making a split-second decision, I lifted his chin up by my fingers gently.

“Lex…”

I pressed a finger to his lips, “Shush Jacky.”

And then I pressed a sweet, sweet kiss to his lips just for a minute. His lips were slightly chapped but soft at the same time. I didn’t know how that worked. As soon as Jack’s tongue slid along my lips, however, I pulled away and looked at him.

Jack’s eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly open in shock.

“W-why did you do that?” He asked, blinking rapidly.

I shrugged, “Why not?”

With that said, I moved on to the tiffin, which melted in my mouth. He had a talent for making these things. I said as much to Jack, who still stared at me in pure shock.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” I said flippantly, cramming the last of the tiffin in my mouth and then lying back on the blanket.

As Jack finally snapped out of it and wrapped his arms cautiously around me, I thought that I should have Jack cook for me more often.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was cute to write!

Tell me what you think in the reviews! :D