‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 17: Jack's P.O.V.

“Hey there it's good to see you again,
It never felt right calling this "just friends".
I'm happy, if you're happy, with yourself…”

- Walls, All Time Low.

I was in the local music store, browsing through the new releases, when Alex hugged me from behind and put his head on my shoulder. I resolutely ignored the skiver of happiness that went down my spine and greeted him.

“Hey Alex.” I said.

“Jack, what are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m looking for a CD, care to help me?”

“Sure.” He let go of my waist and began to search.

“Alex?”

“Yeah?” He said, looking up from a CD he was scanning.

“How do you know what I’m looking for?” I asked in amusement, laughing as he realised and began to laugh as well.

“That – that is a good point,” Alex said when he had stopped laughing, “What are we looking for then
Jacky?”

“The new Green Day CD.” I answered, beginning to look through newest releases.

“Oh I know which on you mean!” Alex said loudly, with a smile across his face.

A minute or two later, he thrust the CD in front of my face. I blinked to allow my eyes to adjust to the object in front of me and sure enough, it was the one I wanted. I smile, not mentioning that I wanted it to give to Alex. But it would be a good surprise.

“Thanks Lex!” I said, digging my wallet out of my jeans pocket and going over to the cashier.

I smiled at the woman as she scanned my – Alex’s – CD and bagged it. I paid and after going out, with Alex by my side, I turned and gave him the bag.

Alex’s face went from resting to surprised and happy.

“Seriously?” He said, giving me an incredulous look, “You’re giving this CD to me?”

I smiled and nodded, “Yeah, I am.”

“Thank you!” Alex hugged me tightly.

A shock of happiness went through my entire body, and my smile grew. I answered, “It’s nothing.”

“But it is!” Alex insisted, “It’s amazing!”

I shrugged, “Really it’s not.”

He put a hand on my arm and I stopped walking. I looked at him curiously.

“What?” I said just as Alex reached over and stroked my cheek with his thumb. My thoughts trailed off when his face approached mine and his lips pressed against mine. My mouth fell open when he pulled way, taking my remaining brain cells with him.

“Jack?”

“Huh?” I said, blinking rapidly, trying to clear my head from its cloud of happiness.

“You ok?” He said, smiling a little.

“Y-yeah. Just shocked…”

Alex laughed, “So far, that’s been your main reaction to me kissing you.”

I thought for a moment, “That’s because it’s so new. And it doesn’t happen often, so I’m always shocked when you do it voluntarily.”

He nodded, agreeing with me, “Fair enough,” and we continued to walk along the street. I didn’t know where we were heading, but I couldn’t care less. Alex kept kissing me of his own accord, like he had a reason to.

Was my plan working after all?
♠ ♠ ♠
Apparently I lied. I'm sorry for that. I can update while on holiday. :)

Tell me what you think in the comments.