‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 4: Alex's P.O.V.

“Will you dance with me?
Like we used to dance
And remember how to move together…”

- In The End, Snow Patrol.

“Hey Alex…” Jack said to me.

I was lying next to him on my bed. We were listening to blink-182 in my bedroom. My parents were out. I thought that they seemed to go out a lot, but shrugged it off. It gave me more time to spend with Jack, and I wasn’t going to complain about that.

“Yeah Jack?” I replied just as the music changed from ‘I Miss You’ to ‘Feeling This.’

“D’you wanna…” Jack began before backtracking, “No, never mind…”

Curiosity heightened, I sat up and poked Jack’s chest, saying, “C’mon you’ve gotta tell me now! Tell me!”

He shook his head, silently telling me that he didn’t want to answer. I ignored that visible cue though as I began to tickle him.

After about ten minutes of furiously tickling him, Jack gave in to my questioning.

“Fine, fine…” He looked at me like he did before he asked to ‘court’ me before he spat out, all in one breath, “Doyouwannadancewithme?”

I blinked slowly, my mind trying to unravel what Jack just said. Eventually, I said, “What?”

“Do you wanna dance with me? I mean, it’s alright if you don’t.”

I smiled shyly. No one had ever asked to dance with me before, not even previous girlfriends.

“Yes.”

Jack’s face went red as he stood up and extended a hand to help me up. I accepted it as gracefully as I could, noticing inwardly that our hands fitted together perfectly, his fingers intertwining with mine. Jack then set his other hand on my waist, pulling me away from my bed a bit, and we began to spin.

It wasn’t proper dancing, more twirling on the spot, as the music changed again. This time it was ‘Appreciation’ by Jimmy Eat World, but I didn’t have all my attention on the sound. Most of my attention was on the way I could feel the heat from Jack’s hand through my worn t-shirt, and the way I could feel his breathing on my neck. Before I knew what I was doing, my lips were pressing against Jack’s, seeing the surprise in his deep brown eyes.

“Jack…” I said, not knowing what I was going to say.

“Yes Lex?”

“Thanks for dancing with me.”

My best friend – who I may be in love with – smiled widely at me before kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahahaha!! I'm not dead! But on the downside, I've only got 3 more chapters of this story to go. :(

Also, I had an idea about a prequel to this - like when Jack gave Alex the anonymous gift on Valentine's Day.

My question is: would you read it???

Oh! And comments make me happy!! :D