Wait for Me

Six

"Gracie!" Justin yelled into the phone. "Where's your house? I need to show you something!"
She told him the address as he typed it into his GPS device.

Fifteen minutes later, Justin knocked on the front door. She ran to it, bracing herself for the worst. But she opened the door to a beaming Justin, excitedly waving a paper in his hand. "I already called my parents and told Scooter about it, but I wanted to show it to you first."
"What? Is something wrong?" she wondered, ushering him inside.

"No. All great." His eyes were bright, like a young child's on Christmas morning.

He sat down beside her on the couch as she took the crisp white paper in her hands. It looked like a certificate. Joy ran through her body as she read the words:

I, Justin Bieber, commit before God to save the gift of my sexuality from now until marriage, regardless of my past. I vow to maintain my purity, keep my mind pure and pray for my future spouse.

She looked at him in disbelief. He smiled proudly as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Congratulations!"

"Thanks."

She stopped. "But why?"

"Your determination inspired me. Also, my mom renewed it at age twenty-one, as well."

"But what about Selena?"

"What about her? This is my decision. She can make her own choices."

"But what about your music and videos? How will this choice affect them?"

"I'll stop writing songs like Hold Tight, PYD and Confident. The video girls will have modest clothing and the plot line and setting of the videos won't be risque."

"'Modest clothing' means something different to everyone, just like the word 'risque'."

"I'll figure it out when I get there."

She hugged him once more and they sat in silence for a while.

"Hey, Gracie? Would you, maybe, help keep me accountable?"

She smiled. "Only if you do the same for me."