Wait for Me

Eight

About a month after Justin renewed his purity, an old lover came back around.

"Hey, babe." Selena chirped, thick, smoky makeup surrounding her eyes, her naturally light pink lips now sporting a bright red.

Justin gulped. He shut his eyes and pictured the joy on Grace's face when she saw the certificate, now framed and hanging in his bedroom.

"Oh, come on, Jay." She ran a hand down his chest. He closed his eyes as his breathing faltered.

"N-no, Selena." He stammered as he took her hand and moved it away from his body.

"Just a little. Just like old times."

"God, please help me. I can't possibly do this on my own." He prayed.

"Baby." Selena's shrill voice echoed through the house.

He followed her voice. He found her soon enough, lying on his king-sized bed.

"We both know that you can't resist me." She stated, batting her eyelashes.

She knew exactly what she was doing. She was both consciously tormenting and deliberately challenging him.

He took a few steps towards her, then turned and took the framed certificate off his wall. He swallowed hard, staring at it, then turned to Selena. "Please leave."

"But, baby, you know you want-"

"You know where the door is. You can show yourself out."

"Justin, what has gotten into you?"

"Common sense. Conviction. Determination."

"What? Do you have a purity promise or something?" She joked.

"Yes." He turned to her. "Didn't you?"

"I did."

"What about now?" He shot back with spite.

Selena gasped. "Did you just call me a-?"

His facial expression still remained calm. "No. I just said that I won't let you entice me anymore."

She grabbed her heels and huffed out the door. He heard the front door shut and fell onto his bed. He picked up his cell and dialed Grace's number.

"Hey. Can we talk?"