Deamon Venator

Chapter One

It has been three weeks since she slept with Ryan. It wasn’t like they had started dating, nor did she want to. But the last thing she had thought would happen might just have happened. Plus Ryan got back with Jenna. Dani was lost in thought as she headed towards the Clinic; she walked in and went to the receptionist desk. “Hi, I was called in to see the doctor. My name is Danika West.” Dani stated.
“The doctor will be right with you.” She had been out when her father called saying that the doctor at the Clinic wanted to see her right away. She picked up a magazine; it had a picture of Dani in a field. It was a photo shoot, she didn’t understand why she had to do them, but it was for publicity and her father always says that all publicity is good publicity. Because that means they get more jobs, and well apparently she was hot.
But Dani never measured beauty by outer looks. True beauty came from within. “Danika West, the doctor will see you now.” A nurse said, she tossed the magazine on the table and followed her to a room. “The doctor will be right in.” Dani nodded and sat on one of the chairs. The nurse closed the door, and Dani was sitting there looking around the room, it had a bunch of paintings by child patients. Biting her lower lip, Dani was getting worried. She was supposed to get her period two weeks ago, and when it didn’t come she panicked and came here for a test. Not only that she was tired and felt cramping, and her breasts were sore.
Her stomach was in knots, the door opened and a woman walked in. “Danika West?” She asked, “Well I have your test results here.” She stated.
“And?” Dani asked.
“Congratulations.” She smiled.
“How far along?” Dani asked.
“I’d say about three weeks.” Dani was cursing herself now. And Ryan. “You know there are options if you do not want to keep the baby.”
“Trust me; there is only one option in my family. Whether or not I’m ready, this baby will be born and raised in this life.” Dani sighed.
“Oh as a Hunter?” She asked.
Dani nodded, “thank you doctor.” Dani stood up, and headed for the door.
“Before you go, I have a list of prenatal vitamins for you; you can start to take them immediately.” She said.
“Thank you.” Taking the list, Dani left the doctor’s office, she went to the drug store and got the vitamins from the list, and after she paid she shoved them into her bag, and headed towards The Coffee Bean Café. She got a cup of herbal tea; she turned and saw Ryan with Jenna.
“Here you go sweetie, from what I can tell they look happier than before.” Her friend Courtney stated.
“I know its gag inducing. When do you get off?” She asked.
“3, want to get together? I have to go shopping, so I can swing by and pick you up.” Courtney stated.
“Sounds good sweetie, see you then.” Dani grabbed her cup and headed for the door.
“DANI, come here.” Ryan called. She almost made it to the door, pretending she didn’t hear him; she headed for the door quicker. A hand grabbed her elbow and spun her to face Ryan.
“Ryan? What are you doing here?” Dani asked.
“I called for you.” He stated.
“Didn’t hear you.” She lied.
“Liar,”
“Okay, well I’m trying to avoid you.” Dani stated.
Pulling herself away from him she headed towards her father’s shiny black Audi. She stopped and looked back at Ryan who was still standing there awkwardly. He was confused. She went back to him, and sighed.
“Why are you avoiding me? We work together.” Ryan stated.
“You remember that one night stand, well let’s just put it this way, it isn’t going to end with us not being connected.” Dani wasn’t sure if she was making sense, hell she wasn’t even sure she understood what she was saying.
“You’re pregnant.” He asked shocked.
“Oh good, I made sense after all.” She stated. Quickly spinning she went to the car and headed towards her father’s place. A news story caught her attention; she turned the volume up and listened.
A woman went on a killing spree killing her newly born infant and her three other children, before killing herself… it continued but Dani knew what that meant, there was either an evil spirit possessing mothers, or a demon. Either way she had work to do. She stepped on the gas and pulled into the drive way, they lived in a mansion, and every hunter that was under her father’s rule had the right to stay here. Even those who live in Cherish Mills, the small town in the middle of nowhere. She grabbed her bag and headed inside.
“FATHER!” She called.
“In the study.” Her father called. She walked to the study, and found another hunter with her father. Her father didn’t look too happy either, plus the man wasn’t under father’s rule. He wasn’t a North American Hunter.
“Just sink about it.” The man said; he had a thick French accent.
“The answer is no.” Father snapped the man then walked out of the house, none too pleased.
“Sorry father, I didn’t know you had company.” Dani stated.
“It’s fine.” Father promised.
That man looked familiar, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. “Did you hear the news?” She asked.
“Yes, and I assume you want to take it. But I thought you weren’t feeling well.” Father stated.
“I do want to take it, and I have figured out why I wasn’t feeling well.” Dani said.
“And why is that?” Father asked. Dani wasn’t sure she wanted to tell her father, but of course she was going to have to.
“I’m pregnant.” She waited for his outburst. But was surprised when it never came.
“I’m going to be a grandfather?” He asked.
“Yes,” She smiled. “Now I’m going to go check out that story.” She spun.
“Hold it; I don’t want you to go out there in your condition.” She now regretted telling him.
“Father, it is still my job, and I’m not going to be doing anything I haven’t done a million times since I was 15, you had no problem with it then.” Dani stated.
“You weren’t pregnant than. Wait who’s the father?” Her father asked.
“Ryan.” She stated. Then quickly headed towards her room, to change. Then headed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading. Merry Christmas. Let me know what you think please.