Deamon Venator

Chapter Two

She found the woman who reported on the deaths. “Excuse me, miss.” Dani called as she ran to her.
“Sorry, I have to get home, my husband is waiting.” The women said.
“My name is Dani, better known as Danika West.” Dani stated.
“Oh my God, my daughter wants to be just like you, you’re her hero, and she’s having a party tomorrow. Do you think you could come to it?” She asked.
“I’ll show up on one condition. You tell me everything you know about those murders.” Dani stated.
“Oh my God, were they demon attacks?” She asked.
“Not sure yet, just tell me what you know.” Dani stated, she pulled her notes out of her brief case and passed them to me.
“It’s not much.” She sounded sorry.
“It’s a start.” Dani promised. The women told Dani were the party was being held and then she headed towards the office. Dani checked the time, it was almost 3, and Courtney was going to be picking her up. She drove home and saw Ryan’s truck. Groaning Dani went inside, and was luckily able to avoid both her father and Ryan. She put the notes on her desk, grabbed her leather jacket, and grabbed her purse; she headed downstairs and bumped into Ryan and her father.
“Good your home, we need to talk.” Her father said.
Glancing out the window, she saw Courtney coming up the driveway. “Later, my ride’s here. Going out with Courtney.” Dani quickly rushed out of the door, and to the passenger side door. She got in and Courtney drove away.
“What’s wrong? You haven’t been yourself since you left.” Courtney stated. “I brought you an herbal tea.”
“Thanks.” Dani sighed, “I’m pregnant.”
“Oh my god, congratulations.” She smiled.
“Thanks sweetie.”
“How far along?” She asked.
“Three weeks.” Dani stated. “And to answer your next question, it’s Ryan Jordan. Jess’s boyfriend.”
“Jenna.” Courtney giggled.
“Whatever.” Dani laughed. “Let’s go shopping.”

Ryan was watching as Dani left with Courtney. “I should go as well. Um, I’ll see you later sir.” Ryan stated. He went to his truck and went to meet up with Jenna again; he had no idea what he was going to tell her. He felt like he was going to be sick, would he not be there for Dani, and Jenna was going to have to understand. Biting his lip, he pulled up to Jenna’s apartment and got out. He was going to tell her now; it was the right thing to do. He knocked on her door; he was fidgeting with his shirt. She opened it and didn’t look happy. “Ryan, you know I don’t like it when I’m ditched in the middle of talking about how we can improve our relationship.” Jenna stated.
“I know, and I am sorry, but I have a good reason, and I’m here to tell you the reason.” Ryan stated. She sighed and moved so he could come in, he went to the living room, and really felt like he was going to be sick.
“Well what is this good reason Ryan?” Jenna snapped.
“I had to go to the West house.” Ryan stated.
“So you went to see Danika?” She snapped.
“Yes and no, um you see Danika is pregnant, I’m going to be a father.” He said. Jenna was quiet. He turned to see a hurt look on her face, and tears shone in her eyes. “It was while you and I weren’t together, and it’s not like I planned to get her pregnant, it was after a party, and it wasn’t planned. But well one thing led to another and you get the picture.” Ryan explained.
She was crying. He felt like a major dick, “so you came here to break up with me to be with her.” Jenna asked.
“What? No!” He didn’t understand what gave her that idea. “I just thought you needed to know.” He said; he waited for Jenna to slap his face, to kick him out and proclaim she never wanted to see him again. But instead she walked to him, wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.
“Come on, “she pulled him towards her bedroom.

Dani had bought some clothes a couple of sizes bigger, for when she needed it. She even found cute baby things; of course she had to buy a white and green frog onesie. She’d have to get her father to go with her for the crib, and other major items. It didn’t matter since everything would be bought for this baby. It was going to be the most spoiled baby in the whole world. “I’m guessing you’re excited about this pregnancy now.” Courtney asked.
“I still have mixed feelings, but there are a lot of cute things for kids now than when we were growing up.” Dani giggled.
“That is true.” Courtney laughed. As Courtney pulled up to the house, Dani noticed that Ryan’s truck wasn’t to be seen. So he must’ve left. But there were other cars here. She thanked Courtney and grabbed her bags, she walked to the house and it was unusually silent. She went upstairs and heard voices come from the room attached to hers, she opened her door and put the bags in there and went to the next room but was stopped by Mr. Jordan, Mr. Hoag and Mr. Langston.
“Your father is working on a project in there, and wishes it to be a surprise.” Mr. Jordan smiled. “But he did tell me your carrying our grandchild and you should go sit down and relax, maybe have a snack, would you like me to make you something?” Mr. Jordan asked.
“No I’m okay; I ate when I was out.” Dani said; the urge to look in that room now was more than curiosity. But of course Mr. Jordan wouldn’t let her pass; he pulled her downstairs “Where is my son? He should be here helping you out.” Mr. Jordan said.
“He’s probably with Gemma,” Dani stated. She went downstairs, and to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, and noticed pickles, she didn’t understand it but of course she wanted them. She grabbed the jar and turned to see Mr. Jordan smiling. “Don’t judge me.” She grabbed a fork and sat at the table. She heard the front door open, and someone headed this way.
“Dad what are you doing here?” Ryan asked.
“Jeremy called me, why didn’t you tell me you were going to be a father?” Mr. Jordan asked.
“Oh well I just found out myself, I planned to call. Ooh pickles.” Ryan went to grab one; Dani poked him with her fork. “Ow what the hell Dani?”
“Don’t take her pickles, she is experiencing pregnancy cravings.” Mr. Jordan said.
“I thought you were with Gemma.” Dani said.
“I was, but I came back, and her name is Jenna.” Ryan said, he grabbed a bottle of water and sat at the table. Soon her father, Mr. Hoag and Mr. Langston joined them.
“I’ll make sure we have a stock up of pickles for you dear.” Her father said kissing her forehead.
“Thanks daddy.” She smiled. She opened the bottle of water and took a sip. Not all of the hunters were here but the heads of each of the four families were. Mr. Hoag and Mr. Langston’s kids weren’t here, but they would be. If they were here that only meant that there was something coming our way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! Happy reading and Merry Christmas!