Worlds Apart

Courage

Seth watched Aishwarya get dress and fix her hair from the bed. She was stalling, I could tell. Ever since our disastrous Rehearsal dinner we’ve postponed the wedding. Aishwarya was scared that I was going to call of the wedding completely, but I would’ve never. Her parents may not approve of me, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to throw in the towel and let go of my dreams of ever making Aishwarya my wife. I would marry her right now in a heartbeat, if the thought of hurting her parents didn’t cross my mind every once in a while. I know Aishwarya is their baby girl, and they want what’s best for her…but they should consider how I make her feel. I make her happy, and I would never intentionally hurt her.

Then again, I can see why they don’t like me. I wouldn’t approve of my daughter’s choice too, especially having hearing about her fiancée falling asleep next to a naked stripper at his bachelor party.

“Aish, we need to talk.” I started, watching her turn away from the mirror with a fearful look on her face.

“What is it, Seth?” She asked in a small voice.

I flashed her a warm smile before I opened up my arms. “Hey it’s ok. Come here, I want to hold you for a second.”

Aishwarya came forward and crawled into my arms with a relieved smile. I knew it was going to go away in a second as I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me.

“Listen to me closely Aishwarya before you try and say anything. I want to marry, ok? I want to spend the rest of my life with you and raise like thirty kids if that’s how many you want. I know you want to get married too, which is why I’m not going to give up on this dream of ours.” Seth paused for a minute, his cheek resting upon her head.

“You need to have a talk with your parents.” Seth forced out, letting out a heavy sigh before she shot up in his arms.

“What?!” Aishwarya exclaimed, hoping he didn’t say what she thought he did.

“You need to talk to your parents about accepting us so we can get married.” Seth urged.

AIshwarya shook her head and moved to the edge of the bed, her back to him. “I can’t do that, Seth. You have no idea how stubborn they can be!”

Seth moved down the bed to wrap his arms around her waist and pull her back against his chest, whispering in her ear. “Don’t you want to get married, Aish?”

“Of course I do! More than anything.”AIshwarya replied, wrapping her arms around his.

“Well then this is what you must do. You’re the only person that can get close enough to them to change their mind. I’d do it, but they’d probably chop me into fish food.” Seth admitted, shrugging his shoulders.

“True, but can’t we just get married in secret? Just the two of us?” Aishwarya pouted, trying to relax against Seth but finding it difficult due to the conversation they were in.

“I would do that in a heartbeat if I didn't already know you would regret it for the rest of your life. You and your family are close and you want them to be there. I know you do. You have to talk with them, reason with them. If they continue to object and you accept that fact, then we can get married, but only if you are 100% certain you won’t regret it. OK?” Seth pushed on, really hoping she’d agree to his terms.

“I guess so. I’m just scared.” Aishwarya mumbled as she got up to slip on her shoes and grab her purse.

“Try and be strong for me and our future babies, Ok?” Seth got up to her and stroked his hands up and down her arms, not noticing that he was completely naked.

Aishwarya smiled, trying to keep her eyes on him. “Oh I will.”

Seth pulled her close for a passionate kiss and hopeful confidence booster. If this planned worked then Seth was finally going to marry the woman of his dream.