Worlds Apart

Getting Ready

Looking at myself in the mirror in front of me and seeing my bare face and wrapped in a robe. I was tired and it was eight thirty in the morning. I was yawning and Rachel brought me coffee.

“thank god for you Rachel I was about ready to fall asleep” I said.

“You’re welcome Ash” She told me smiling.

I was getting my makeup done and was sipping on my coffee. I was watching them do my hair and my cousin came in laughing. I turned around and smiled at her.

“How is the future Mrs. Macfarlane” She asked.

“Fan fucking tastic” I said.

She laughed and I chuckled.

“Are you excited for your honeymoon!” Rachael shouted.

“Yes, a week without no worries” I replied.

“Just admit you’re going to be fucking Seth the whole time” My cousin said.

“yeah, I am” I replied, “how about we get some breakfast?”

Hayley ordered room service and everyone was talking and laughing. Room service arrived thirty minutes later and Julia handed me a bottle of champagne.

“Pop it!” shouted Carter my aunt.

I popped it and everyone cheered.

Carter poured it into glasses and everybody grabbed one.

“I just want to say thank you to everyone for coming and supporting Seth and I on this journey to today. I love you guys and can’t thank you enough for being here.” I said.

“Cheers to Mrs. Macfarlane!” shouted Parker my niece.

We all clinked our glasses together and took a sip. We ate breakfast and then started getting ready slowly.

“You know what’s funny.” I said.

“What?” Carter asked.

“When his sister walked in on us” I replied.

My aunt started laughing along with everyone else and I blushed.

“It was fate” said Rachael.

“I think it was” I replied then jumping back on the bed.

I took a three hour nap and it was one in the afternoon when I woke up. I rubbed my eyes and started to get ready. I got my hair done which was simple and then makeup being a natural smoky eye and a nude lip stain. It was around three thirty when I got done and it was almost time to put on the dress. I was getting nervous and everyone was wanting to see the dress.

I slipped on my dress and everyone was crying.

We heard a knock on the door and saw my cousin walking in with a box.

“Seth wanted me to give you this” She said.

I got handed the shoe box and opened it revealing Christian Louboutin shoes. I about hit the floor and they were so beautiful. I took off the shoes I was going to wear and slipped them on. They looked so good with my dress and people were rushing around. Then, I heard gasps and turned around to see my mom and my father.

“You look beautiful chéri (darling)” My father said then hugging me.

“Don’t cry” my mom responded as a tear slipped down my cheek.

“Je ne sais pas si je peux le faire, je sens que je ne peux pas respire (I don't know if i can do this, i feel like i can't breathe)” I replied.

“Honey, your nerves are getting to you” my mother said.

“You deserve that man in there you’re letting your nerves and emotions get to you right now, go in there and marry him” Hayley shouted.

She was right, I was letting everything get to me. Then, my father put my veil over my face and then we proceeded with the wedding. I couldn’t wait to change my last name to McFarlane. I couldn’t wait to see Seth at the end of the aisle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ash