Status: Hiatus

My Soul to Keep

Lies

Monday came fast, Matt hadn't spoken with Terra since that night she was having nightmares. It wasn't purposeful, he was just busy with calling the chief and packing everything up. He was up walking around the house at five o'clock that morning double checking his luggage.

“So, you're not cooking breakfast I take it.” Brian stated as he entered the room yawning.

“No. Gonna have to pick something up I guess.”

“So Zacky thinks I should take the girl with me to Texas.” Matt raised his eyebrows for a moment, but otherwise kept shifting through his suitcases. “Any idea what the hell is going on?”

“He walked in on us talking last week and he's being a dick.”

“Talking? About what?”

“She had a nightmare Brian, that's all.”

“Hey, it's not like I believe you two were banging each other or anything. I just wanted to know what he was so worked up over.”

“So he's worked up about it?”

“He keeps saying how I have to take her in my car.” Brian shrugged and sighed slowly.

“Don't worry about it, I'm taking her.” Matt stated zipping up his suitcase and looking at his friend. “Only because she doesn't have any clothes and she needs some. We can't just expect her to shower and put the same shit back on everyday until this is over.”

“No, I totally agree. I can do that Matt.”

“But do you think you can handle her in public? I know what she'll try and what she won't, but you guys don't...”

“I really don't want to fight with her...”

“So, I'll take her. Let your highness know that.” Matt said with a chuckle before turning and leaving the room.

It had been about an hour and all Terra could hear was yelling from outside her door. She was still sleepy and terribly hungry, but she didn't dare move from her spot. After about ten minutes, she fell back asleep only to be woken back up by her door opening. She cracked her eyes open and looked at the doorway to see a very angry Matt.

“We're about to leave, meet me downstairs.” Matt turned around and left before Terra could say anything. Not that she would have much of anything to say to that.

She got out of bed and shuffled her way down the hallway and stopped at the entrance to the living room. She spotted Matt and Zacky, but they were just staring each other down tensely. Both of them had their chests slightly puffed out, their fingers curled inward to make fists and their jaws flexed to make a hard line.

“I'm just following orders man, don't take your frustrations out on me.”

“That's complete bullshit, you're always the first to jump when it comes to pushing someone's buttons!”

“Even though that's true, she's going to ride with Brian and that's final.”

“You think you can just take lead over us. You're only throwing your weight around because the head of command is fucking your sister,” Matt inched closer to Zacky and stared down at him. He didn't tower over Zacky, but he was tall enough. “you won't always have him in your back pocket.”

Terra expected Zacky to fly off the handle and throw a punch, but instead Zacky smiled and continued to stare at Matt.

“Why do you care so much? Why are you so defensive?”

“Because I know what she's going through and no one else does.” Terra looked at Matt as he turned to walk away from Zacky. “If she runs off, I can handle getting her back...you can't.”

“Listen, the whole time she's been here how many times has she tried to escape?” Brian chimed in with a sigh. “Exactly, so just let him drive her to Texas. Stop being a little bitch about everything that happens out of your control.”

“Our orders-”

“What business is it of yours? Even if one of us did want to get laid, why in the fuck do you have to go tipping back to fucking command?! You're such a little cock rider yourself, you don't even realize we're all adults!”

“Let's just go alright?” Johnny grabbed Brian's arm and pulled him toward the door. Brian didn't put up much of a fight about it either.

Matt placed his hand on Terra's lower back and gently pushed her out the door. He helped her into the car and then went back in for the last of his things. He came out, ignoring Zacky as he mouthed off at him about something Terra couldn't hear exactly. Matt tossed his last bag into the backseat, before he got into the driver's side and started his car.

“I'm probably not going to make any stops until we hit Arizona. Are you hungry now, or can you wait?”

“I can wait.”

Matt put his car into reverse and pulled out of the driveway, in the distance Terra could make out a silver car in the distance before her eyes began to drift closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just popping in to say thanks to all 37 Subscribers, 5 recs and 119 readers of my story! I know I might sound like broken record, but I really am thankful that you guys are enjoying my story! Next chapter is in the works and will be up soon! Until next chapter!

-Marnie