Status: Hiatus

My Soul to Keep

Misunderstanding

Terra sipped at her red wine, trying to keep herself from getting drunk. She knew when she'd had enough, but when she finds something in front of her at a moment of boredom, she must entertain herself. Lifting the glass again, she found some resistance. Eyeing her glass she saw that Matt had pinched the steam of her wine glass between his index and thumb.

“What are you doing?” She asked him before letting him take her glass away.

“Keeping you from getting drunk of course.” He answered without hesitation.

“I can handle myself.”

“Listen, this is-”

“Important, yeah I know. Why didn't you just bring your fiancee? I'm sure she wouldn't have worried you half as much I am.”

“This isn't her scene.” He stated plainly showing no interest in evaluating. “Just have some water okay?”

“You shouldn't have ordered the wine then...” Terra picked up the glass of water in front of her and took a shallow sip. “I have a question.”

“Okay...”

“Why didn't you correct the waitress?”

He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out so he closed it. Opening it once more, with the desire to speak, he was harshly interupted by the waitress returning with two other people.

“I was afraid that you had lost your way Mr. Peyton.” Matt and Terra rose to their feet to greet their guests. Terra tried not to stare, but the both of them seemed to have been plucked out of Vanity Fair.

“Aw, is this your fiancee I've heard so much about?” Mr. Peyton questioned while looking at Terra. Terra made to correct him, was cut off by Matt's quick answer.

“Yes. Honey, this is Mr. Peyton. You remember me mentioning him right? Mr. Peyton this is Terra, my lovely fiancee.” Terra stood like a quiet little puppet and let Matt introduce her to Mr. Peyton's wife as someone she wasn't.

“This is shaping up to be an interesting night.” Announced Mrs. Peyton as they all took their seats.

“You have no idea.” Terra chirped under her breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took FOREVER for me to get this up, and I know it's really short. However, here's the next piece. I'm trying to work out the basics for the next chapter, but I just have a lot of story to outline. I'm sure, certain, positive that the next one will be longer.

Thanks to DeidraX23 for the comment! Also that's to everyone that has subscribed so far!

♥ Marnie