Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Daddys Girl

“Mom! Dad! You guys made it!”

“How’s my baby girl?”

“I’m doing alright daddy. Umm there have been some things going on that I need to talk to you all about but for the most part I’m great.”

“Anything to do with this boy we’ve been hearing about?”

“Yes, mom, it does” I say with a smile. “He would be here but his family is flying in as we speak and he has to pick them up.”

“MOM! DAD!” Kristen yells from the kitchen, running to give my parents hugs.

“Kristen sweetheart” my mom coos embracing her.

“How’s the new job?” dad asks.

“Great, thanks to Kaylee.”

“Can they handle the 2 of you in one building?”

“They seem to be doing alright but it’s still new. Give them a chance to really see the crazy” Kristen explains. “But enough about me you guys had a long trip and tomorrow is Thanksgiving so you should rest up.”

“She’s right, and I have to meet with Sidney, and take care of that issue…”

“What issue?” my dad asks, puffing up his chest in a protective manner.

“Umm, well, I was leaving with Sid one night and some guy grabbed me…”

“WHAT!?!”

“Daddy, it’s ok. We thought we handled it but now there’s a tabloid and they think I, sorry we, should make an official statement.”

“Who is they? Why would there be a tabloid.”

“Well, I hadn’t mentioned this to you but Sidney is a professional hockey player. He’s kind of a big deal here.”

“What?”

“Daddy, you’re having Thanksgiving dinner with a professional athlete. And his family, whom I have not met yet. So behave.”

“Not what I meant, but good to know. You have to make a statement?”

“Yes, we pressed charges but apparently that wasn’t enough. So Sid is picking me up at 4 to go and take care of this hopefully once and for all.”

“Are you ok with that baby?” my mom asks as my father wraps an arm around her shoulders. “You know after everything that happened before…”

“Yes, I am ok with it. I think that this is a good thing to do, for myself and other girls out there.”

“Well, it’s only one, why don’t we rest up and I’m going with you.”

“Daddy, you don’t have to…”

“I sure as hell do” he says.

“Daddy” I whisper.

“Besides, I need to make sure that this boy is treating you right.”

“Ok, you guys get settled in. I’ll let him know that you’re going to be there. I ordered pizza if you’re hungry, if Kristen hasn’t eaten it all that is.”

“You know I stress eat. You having to make that statement and the Zack coming over tomorrow for dinner. I’m so flippin’ stressed!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is probably going to be a bit more eventful, just a warning.