Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Baby, your ass!

“Rise and shine beautiful” I hear as I he runs his hand over my arms.

“I don’t wanna, it’s so comfy here. Like a cloud” I say stretching.

“I have something for you though” he whispers.

“You do?” I say opening one eye. Seeing him smiling down at me makes me smile back, “Is it a kiss?”

“Well no, but that can be arranged” he says pulling he into a seated position before lacing his fingers into my hair. “First thing is first” he holds up a small box with a bow on it and my heart melts.

“You remembered” I breathe.

“Happy birthday my love” he says kissing me gently.

“I thought that you forgot, actually I don’t really remember talking about it much at all.”

“How could I forget?” he asks, “open it.”

“You really didn’t have to; Christmas is tomorrow….”

“Yes, but today is your birthday. I’m not going to be the jerk that combines your birthday with Christmas.” I smile and take the box from his hand, untie the ribbon, and open the lid. I gasp when I see the perfect shine of the diamond earrings.

“I’ve wanted earrings like this for so long... Thank you Sidney” I say leaning toward him, letting my head hit his chest.

“I’m glad you like them” he whispers kissing the top of my head. “Let’s get ready, we’ll have a birthday brunch.”

“I still can’t believe this.”

“You can’t believe what?” he asks looking directly into my eyes, as if searching for the answer before I can tell him.

“That I am here with you, with the man that I love so very much. That I am spending Christmas and my birthday in Canada, with your family. That I don’t want the holiday to end, because then I’ll be away from you all day. I don’t know if I can handle that.”

“Believe it” he smiles, tucking a wayward hair behind my ear. “I don’t want it to end either, I love having you in my arms at night and waking to you every morning. I love you, I don’t want it to end, I want to treat my girl on her birthday.”

“I would be quite happy just staying here all day with you.”

“I know but I want to spoil you…”

“You already do and you don’t have to” I say getting serious, “I don’t want your money, while I love the earrings and I will cherish them and think of you every time I put them on, I don’t need expensive gifts either.”

“I know I don’t have to, but I want to” he says smiling.

“Sidney, if you want to spoil me, spoil me with time with you. Let’s cook together, have a picnic at home in front of the fireplace, or a movie marathon in bed. I just want you Sidney Patrick Crosby, not Sid the Kid, star hockey player.”

“You never cease to amaze me.”

“I love you for you mister. Not because of what you do. Although all those workouts make your ass look so fantastic.” I laugh as I get out of the bed so I can do something with my hair.

“My ass? Baby your ass” he chuckles.

“You saying my squats have been paying off?” I smile as he pulls me back to him by my waist.

“Hell yea” he whispers in my ear, “I love you Kaylee. You are the best thing to happen to me.”

“No, Sidney you’re the best thing to happen to me” I say turning so I can face him. “Remind me to thank Pascal ok.”

“Trust me I have, many times.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been so long since my last post, work has been super busy but it is finally slowing down a bit. I hope to post again soon. Thank you for sticking with me!