Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Terrible Kisser.

Monday at school was probably the longest day imaginable, I still hadn’t heard from Sidney and once again I begin to over think things. Like maybe he’s on a date with another girl, maybe he realized that I am crazy and is avoiding me like the plague. Or maybe I’m a terrible kisser and he only did it in the first place to shut me up. Oh dear, what if I am a bad kisser? Here I am sitting at my desk trying to grade papers but instead I’m contemplating if I’m a terrible kisser.

I pack up my things, deciding to just grade at home rather than hangout at the school any longer, at least there I can be comfortable while I consider my inability to give a good kiss.

As I walk up to my front door I see a package. I wasn’t expecting anything, I think as I pick it up, it’s addressed to me so they have the right place. What is this? I set my things and the box on the island of my kitchen and just look at it for a solid 5 minutes. Its flowers (says so on the box) but from who?

I finally bite the bullet and grab the knife from my drawer cutting open the tapped edges. A gorgeous bouquet of hydrangeas and Juliet roses is waiting for me. I take a deep breath, inhaling the amazing scent of probably expensive and out of season flowers. I find the card tucked into the blossoms and smile when I see his name written below a simple message, ‘Can’t wait to see you.’

I decide to break protocol and pick up my phone, on the third ring he answers. “I was about to call you. I was getting worried you hated them.”

“I love the flowers, I just got home.”

“Long day with children, I’m sure.”

“Yes, Mondays are awful. They always seem lethargic, it takes a lot to get them into it” I reply. “How was your day?”

“Not too bad, we had practice, and then I had a meeting. I’m about to step into another meeting but I wanted to talk to you.”

“Oh? Dinner meeting?”

“Yea, it’s with a sponsor. So I’m sure it will be dull.”

“Well that’s a shame” I reply toying with the petals on one of the roses. “How did you know that these are my favorite flowers?”

“Lucky guess” he chuckles. “You told me that day we were at Marc’s house and they had some in the entry.”

“Oh, that’s right. That was a while ago, I’m impressed.”

“Well, yea. Why is it a shame?”

“Oh you heard that, huh?”

“Yea, I did” he admits. “Why is it a shame?”

“Well typically when a girl gets flowers she at least gets to give the generous man a hug as a thank you.”

“I would love that hug, but I’m already at the restaurant.”

“You shouldn’t be talking to me right now then.”

“No, I’m a little early and they can wait a minute or two for me” he says, I can almost hear his smile.

“Yea, make them sweat it a little. I bet people would freak if they thought that you were bailing on them. That could be very entertaining actually” I say thinking of random people in suits literally sweating as they wait at a table for him to show up.

“Are you picturing sweaty suits?” I gasp, how the hell? “I’m going to take that gasp as a yes.”

“I don’t know how you know me so well already. It’s slightly unnerving. But not in a bad way.”

“That’s good I’m glad it’s not in a bad way. I want to get to know you” he says making me smile. “I hope that’s ok.”

“Oh it’s more than ok” I giggle. We talk for a few more minutes before he has to go. Laughing and teasing each other and promises of talking soon. Alright, he promised another date, which means kissing. Dear lord the kissing, those big lips are definitely made for kissing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick update sorry it's a little shorter than the last couple. Comments please! Thank you all for your feedback and support :)