Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Bundle of nerves

“Well, hello handsome” I say answering the door. “How was your day?”

“Way better now” he replied giving me a hug, “how was your day?”

I smile and stand on my toes to give him a kiss, “way better now.” He wraps his arms around my waist holding me against his warm body. “So, where are we going this time, and which of your teammates will crash our date?”

“No crashers, I ordered food, it’s being delivered and I thought we could watch a movie” he says walking us into my living room.

“That sounds great, they don’t know where I live.” We’ve been out several times, his game schedule permitting, and almost every time one of his teammates walks in and decides to join us, no warning, and no invitation. Talk about a mood killer, sweaty man is only attractive when it’s one you want to kiss. And I must admit, I love kissing him. “This is a fun way to travel from room to room” I say when he doesn’t set me down when the doorbell rings.

“I’m thinking that it should be available to all adorable, teaching, Ohioans who happen to live in Pittsburgh.”

“Lucky group of people.”

“Lucky girl” he whispers kissing me firmly before opening the door to pay for our dinner.

“I’m going to change out of this dress, since we’re going to just be here. I might as well be comfortable too” I say as we walk to the kitchen. “You know where the plates and silverware are right?”

“Yes, I remember” he says looking my body up and down, “you look gorgeous. I just want to take you in real quick.”

“I have no problem with that” I smile up at him, and he gives me another soft kiss. “Ok, I’ll be right back.”

“Don’t take too long” he replied with a wink as he let me go.

I quickly walk up the stairs to my bedroom, and change into a pair of black yoga pants and an oversized sweater. I let my hair down, I had it pinned up for what I thought was going to be one of our more formal dinners out, and made sure that my long golden curls laid just right in a tossed, and easy way. I want to look good for him even if I’m not dressed up. As I walk down the steps again I catch a glimpse of him lighting a few of my candles, I can’t help but smile thinking about what could be going through his brain. We’ve known each other for about a month, been hanging out/dating for only a couple of weeks, this is technically our 5th date. Oh man, he looks so cute and nervous.

“Hey, why are you a bundle of nerves right now?” I ask quietly wrapping my arms around his waist from behind.

“You think I’m nervous?” I laughs.

“Yes” he pulls me from behind him, and holds me against his chest. “You’re running around here. Making it all romantic with the candles…”

“I had to do something while you changed. I not very good at sitting back doing nothing.”

“It’s called relaxing, you should try it occasionally.”

“Well let’s try it then” he said guiding me to my living room. On the table is our plates of food, a bottle of wine, and several movie options. I smile up at him, grab one of the movies and pop it in the Blu-ray player before taking my seat beside him. He slides me closer to him and hands me a plate of the takeout.

“Do you plan on watching all of these movies tonight?”

“Yes, if that’s ok with you?”

“Of course” I sigh settling into his side a little more. “Sidney?”

“Yea?”

“Thanks for tonight. I know it’s just started but I love it” I say looking at his adorable smile. Can I possibly love him already? I feel like I could. Is it even possible?

“Good, I’m glad that you love it” he says kissing my forehead. Oh man, I think I love him.
******

3 movies down and I can barely keep my eyes open, Sid had moved so he was laying back on the couch and I managed to be nestled between his side and the back of the couch. It’s like a cocoon of comfy, not to mention that he smells amazing, with my head resting on his chest every time I inhale I get to relish in the scent. “You still awake?” he asks running a hand through my hair.

“Barely” I whisper turning my face to look at him. “But I’m so comfortable I don’t want to move.”

“Ok the, I won’t suggest that we get you to bed.”

“Good, I want to stay right here” I admit moving just enough to give him a quick kiss. Or what I thought was a quick kiss, he holds me close and kisses me again. “Sidney, you’re staying over right?”

“If you want me too.”

“Well it is late, and we’ve been drinking…”

“Yea that whole glass and a half of wine 6 hours ago it’s really gone to my head” he says with a chuckle.

“Besides you make a fantastic pillow, I don’t know if now that I’m comfy I can let you leave.”

“In that case, I have to stay. Can’t have you getting a terrible night’s sleep.”

“You either. You have a game tomorrow.”

“Yes, you’re going to be there right?”

“Oh I suppose. Since you’re going to stay and be my pillow, I guess I can go to your game and watch my man kick some… who are you playing?”

“The Rangers.”

“Oh, well then I have to watch you kick some ranger ass.”

“I’m your man?”

“Ummm, yea. If you want to be my man.”

“Only if that means you’ll be my girl.” I smile, and prop myself up so I can see his face fully. I run my hands through his hair, before kissing his forehead, then the tip of his nose, moving my way to his lips. He slides a hands into my hair as the other rests on my waist, his lips moving with mine. “I take that as a yes” he says when we catch our breath.

“I’m glad you figured that out” I whispered.

“If you don’t stop. I won’t be able to stop either.”

“Oh?”

“Yea, and I don’t want to rush things with you. You’re too good of a girl to rush things with.”

“I’m not a good girl all the time” I say drawing circles on his chest.

“I’m beginning to see that” he chuckles. “I also see that you’re falling asleep. So why don’t we save it for another time.”

“Ok, only because I’m super tired” I smile at him, giving him a soft kiss.

“Do you want to watch another movie?”

“Can I watch it through my eyelids?”

“Yea” he chuckled. “Unless you’d rather just go to bed…”

“Well as long as you are my nice warm pillow, I’d love to just go to bed” I yawn.

“I’m not leaving just yet, we have a morning skate but I want to come back between then and the game. Get a little relaxation in before heading to the game.”

“That sounds nice” I commented feeling myself starting to drift off.

“Alright, I think you need to be put to bed” he says quietly as he stands up from the couch, somehow taking me with him. He carries me up the stairs, setting me gently on the bed. “I’m going to go out to my car and grab my bag, I’ll be back in a minute.” He places a kiss on my forehead and walks out of my room.

I get comfortable, taking off my bra and pants, and am in my usual sleepwear of t-shirt and underwear. I go to brush my teeth, and as I walk back into my room he’s setting his bag down.

“I’m in trouble” he sighs. “You’re very tempting.”

“This is what I always sleep in” I comment as I slide back into my bed. “If you want me to be your girl you’ll have to get used to my sleepwear.”

“I don’t mind it but I’m trying to be good and considerate. You’re making it difficult for me” he says softly taking off his shirt, and jeans. I feel my mouth drop open as I take in the sight. He’s gorgeous! “Since you think I need to get used to your sleep wear, it’s only fair” he adds climbing under the covers with me.

“You’re mean” I say as he pulls me to his side. “Really mean.”

“Says the girl who purposely walked in wearing next to nothing.”

“My swimsuit covers less…”

“You’re never going swimming with the guys. If this is conservative in comparison no way” he says with a serious look on his face. I simply shake my head, give him a soft kiss, and cuddle into his side letting my eyes fall closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I really need to know what you guys are thinking. I've come to a point in writing this where their relationship has progressed, obviously you know that from the first chapter. I need to know if I need to up the rating of the story or not. Do you want all the 'dirty details"? There's about to be some drama unfolding. So please continue to leave me feed back!