Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 10

Gerard’s POV

"Can I have a beer please?" I asked the hot manager standing behind the counter. She smiled before handing me the gold liquid in a glass.

"Call if you need anything else" she smirked before walking away.

Normally I wouldn’t have reacted to such unashamed flirting but today was different. Angie finally knew how I felt and in the three weeks since her ruined wedding she still hadn’t contacted me.

I took that as a final confirmation of where me and her stood. We were never ever gonna be anything more than friends and so it’s better that I move on.

"What does a guy have to do to get you to go home with him?" I flirted as I watched the girl’s cheeks red.

"Give me five minutes and you’ll find out" she flirted before disappearing to the back.

I gulped my drink down, before taking out my wallet and paying my bill. I stood up and waited for my no name lady friend to come back. She had pep in her step as she walked towards me.

"Your place or mine?" I questioned as her eyes shone.

"Yours is fine" she squeaked as I held her hand to walk out the bar. "Don’t you want to know my name first?" she giggled as we sat in the car.

"Fine whatever" I shrugged as I started the engine.

"It’s Lala" she announced with a smile and I nodded with a smile.

You’re just a distraction. I thought to myself as I made the short trip to my rented apartment.

"We here" I stated as I walked out the car towards the elevator, without really caring if she was following. She quickly caught up behind me as we waited for the elevator to reach ground floor.

"So Gerard Pique what brings you to Ibiza?" she asked in an attempt to make small talk.

"I needed the break" I answered vaguely as I prayed the lift would arrive now.

"That’s so cool" she answered as she twirled a strand of hair around her finger.

Angie would never do that.

"Let’s go" I instructed once the lift opened, shaking my thoughts of Angie.

The ride to my floor was awkward as I listened to Lala tell me some story about something I didn’t care about. When we finally arrived, I moved out the way so she could walk ahead. As I watched her walk in front of me I saw two people standing in front of my door. I couldn’t really see who they were as both their backs were turned towards us.

"CESC FABREGAS" Lala screamed as I realized who the two people were.

"Hello Gerard" Angie greeted coldly as she looked Lala up and down.

"What are you doing here?" I turned to Cesc, completely ignoring Angie.

"We need to talk… in private" Angie answered for him while side-eyeing Lala.

I nodded my head yes, as I fished for my keys in my pocket before opening the door for the two of them to walk in. Once they were in I turned to Lala, who stood in the hallway.

"Look La…"

"Don’t sweat it. You know where I work so if you need me I’ll be waiting" she said before giving me a kiss and walking away. I stood in front of my apartment, taking a deep breath before walking in to deal with Cesc and Angie.

`

Angie’s POV

It hurt to see Gerard walking towards his apartment with that blonde bimbo. But I couldn’t exactly blame him because I hadn’t contacted him since my wedding. He was bound to move on and I had no right to be angry but I couldn’t help it. It took me a while to figure out how I really felt about him and now that I do I’m worried that he might not feel the same anymore.

"Angie are you listening?" Cesc asked as he nudged my shoulder.

I gave him a confused look, which he responded to by rolling his eyes. “I was telling Gerard what we are doing here” he said, while making weird facial expressions.

"Oh yeah" I said, while attempting to forget whatever Cesc was doing. “Gerard I’m sorry" I apologized as I looked at him.

He merely gave a blank stare back, as he shrugged his shoulders and leaned back in his seat.

"I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings and I also didn’t mean to make it seem like I didn’t care" I admitted as he continued to look unmoved.

Great he is gonna make this hard for me.

"You have to understand that I was engaged to someone who I thought loved me and I couldn’t just walk away from that on what was supposed to be the greatest day of my life" I continued to explain as Gerard looked at everything but me. "I understand if this is coming a little too late for you but I need you to know that I love you and I’m in love with you" I admitted as he stopped moving while absorbing what I had said.

After a while he gave a short laugh before speaking.

"Now you love me? Why? Because Cesc told you how I felt? I don’t need your sympathy. If you’re gonna love me I’d prefer if it came from an honest place rather than from pity" he snapped loudly. Cesc opened his mouth to interject but I stopped him.

"I’m not telling you I love because I feel sorry for you. I’m telling you I love you because that’s how I feel. Yes it may have taken Cesc’s admission for me to admit the truth but I’m glad he did because it showed me how much I care for you. I get that you might be angry with me because I haven’t tried to get in touch with you since the wedding but I was trying to get over the fact that I was my time with a man I barely knew. So get angry if you want to but don’t you dare question my feelings for you" I yelled as I felt my heart beat faster.

Both Gerard and Cesc had shocked looks on their faces once I completed my rant.

"I didn’t think of it that way" Geri admitted as he scratched his neck.

"That’s because you don’t think Gerard" I mumbled as I calmed down. "You send an engaged woman flowers and gifts in the hopes that she will fall in love with you but you don’t stop to think that she might misinterpret these gifts as coming from her fiancé. You tell me you will always be there for me but you don’t tell me in what manner you mean it. But most of all you ask me to leave my soon-to-be husband a few seconds before I am set to marry him" I counted as I felt my heart beat increase again.

"I…"

"I’m not finished" I interrupted him. "But that’s the reason I love you. It’s because you act now and think later. You know how to make me smile and even when I feel like rubbish you come up with a way to make me smile" I admitted as a smile blush crept onto his cheeks. "I love you Gerard and whether you believe it or not I know it’s true" I finished off as I waited for him to say something.

A few minutes passed as silenced descended on the three of us and I took that as a sign that Gerard still needed time to process things.

"I think you should leave" Gerard asked as both Cesc and I exchanged looks, before sighing and standing up to leave.

"Not you Angie, I want you to stay. I want Cesc to leave so we can talk" he said as he gave his short friend a pleading look.

"Fine I’ll go but call me if you need anything" Cesc announced before bidding farewell and walking out the door.

"I love you too" Gerard announced once I had turned around to face him. "And I’ll be damned if I let you walk away from me again" he stated as a smile broke out on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...