Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 5

A week had passed since Ricardo came back Barcelona and that meant it was 6 days since Angie had left my house to be with him.

More like 6 days 14 hours and 15, 16 … seconds.

But who’s counting right?

"Gerard this is Bubbles?" Cesc giggled as he introduced me to some random blonde woman.

We were currently at a club having a boy’s night, as Cesc had called it. He said he was tired of me mopping so he suggested that I go out, have fun and meet new people. And if it happened that I fell into bed with one of those new people, what was the harm?

"She’s a dancer" he giggled some more as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Bubbles it’s nice to meet you?" I introduced myself as a smirk started to form on her lips.

Oh Great she one of those. I thought to myself as she moved to sit next to me.

Cesc excused himself as he returned back to the dance floor.

"So what can Bubbles do for you?" she asked as I coughed on my drink.

"Excuse me?" I questioned, slightly taken aback at her forwardness.

"Your friend mentioned you were a bit … lonely. So he paid me to make sure I kept you entertained the WHOLE night" she purred as I felt the hairs on my neck stand up and not in a good way.

"Uhm…look whatever Cesc said he was just kidding. I am a little lonely but I’m not interested in what you are offering" I informed her as I began to plot the ways I was about to murder my teammate.

Bubbles only laughed at my response.

"He mentioned that you’d say that but don’t worry sugar. We’ve got all night" she flirted as she called over a waitress.

I took a big gulp of my drink as I released that this was bound to be a long night.

~

Angie’s POV

"So I’ve found the dress" I told Ricardo over dinner.

He gave me a surprised look as he put his fork down and looked me dead in the eye.

"What do you mean you’ve found it? I thought we agreed I’d be helping you with EVERYTHING in regards to our wedding including picking out the dress" he replied angrily.

"I know but I wanted the dress to be a surprise" I answered back meekly.

"Has anyone else seen it?"

"Yeah Gerard and his mom" I said sheepishly hoping that he wouldn’t snap again.

"Of course Gerard has seen it and he was probably there when you picked it out. He is always there" he mocked as he picked up his fork and began to eat.

"What does that mean?" this time it was my turn to get angry.

He took a deep breath before answering my question.

"It means that Gerard is always there. In the background, waiting for me to screw up so he can swoop in and save the day" he admitted as I felt my face drop.

"Is that really how you feel about him? You think he is just there to make things better when you disappoint me or screw up?" I asked before I watched him nod his head.

I snorted at his reply before standing up.

"I hate to break it to you Ricardo but Gerard isn’t around us to make you feel small but he is actually around to make sure I get what I deserve. He has never once had a bad word to say about you, even when he had every right too" I snapped as I thought back to the night I had walked into his office and found him making out with his secretary.

"You may not think he is trustworthy but I do. He is the only one who has ever made me feel like I’m worth something. I’m sorry if our friendship bothers you but I’m not about to end our friendship just so you can feel better" I yelled before storming out of the kitchen and into the bedroom.

Once I was in there I locked the door, threw myself on the bed and released the tears that I had been holding back.

I must have cried for 10 minutes straight but in that time never once did Ricardo knock on the door to make sure I was OK.

I shook my head at my fiancé’s insensitivity before I gave myself a little pep talk. Ricardo wasn’t one for emotions, he was all about practicality and facts and why did I think that would change just because I was crying.

I took a deep breath before deciding to run myself a bath in order to cool down.

Once I was in the water my phone rang.

I reached for my jeans, which were on the floor, to take out my phone.

The caller didn’t surprise me.

"Yes Gerard" I answered as I felt myself already feeling better.

"Save me" he whispered over the phone. I could tell from the noise in the background that he was at some bar or club.

"What’s wrong?" I asked as I prepared myself to listen to another of Gerard’s misadventures.

"Cesc hired a stripper… I mean exotic dancer for me and paid her to keep me occupied all night now she won’t leave me alone" he whined as I tried to hold in my laughter.

"Oh Gerard. You are possibly the only man I know who would turn down sex"

"That’s because I have standards" he answered before I could finish my sentence "And anyway she might have a disease. Who knows where’s she been and with who?" he ranted as I started to laugh.

"Gerard you want a piece of advice?" I questioned him once he had stopped talking.

"Yes please Oprah" he teased as we both laughed.

"Go get laid. It’ll make you feel so much better and who knows maybe you’re the man that can turn Bubbles into a good woman" I joked as he kept quiet.

"You can’t turn a hoe into a housewife Angelica" he fired back before hanging up and leaving me in stitches.

I stayed in the water for a few more minutes as I realized how easy it was for Gerard to make me laugh. With Ricardo everything was always so serious.

Maybe I’m marrying the wrong man. I thought before laughing at my absurdness.

I love Ricardo and he makes me happy. I’m just being silly. I assured myself as I stepped out the tub and began to dry off.

When I walked back into the bedroom I found Ricardo rubbing his shoulder as I looked at the door. Which he had forced open.

"You have a good bath" he asked as he began to take his clothes off. I gave out a week yes before he continued. "I’m glad. Now we can back to wedding planning" he said casually while putting on his pajamas. I nodded my head.

He’d never hurt you. I kept repeating to myself as I began to change and prepare for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...