I'm in Hate With You

"I am about to give you my entire life..."

I sat in Daniel's car, bashing my head against the glass. I was getting married... in exactly ten minutes, I felt like I was going to hurl, die, or both. I was so completely.... finished. My life was about to be over... at least my life alone...

"Will you please not dent the glass ?" Daniel asked.

I turned to face him, my eyes narrowed. "Will you shut up ? I am about to give you my entire life... could you be a little more SENSITIVE ????!!!!" I exclaimed.

"Um... yes ?" he tried.

"Good..."

Abby and Riley were in the backseat canoodling... or whatever you'd like to call it. I didn't realize this before, but Riley's very... um, how do I put this... VIOLENT. As in graphically planning to murder Abby's mom... but that's besides the point. Abby had DRAGGED me into Sax Fifth Avenue to get a stupid dress for this stupid wedding ! It was cute, a simple black strapless number that went down to my knees, but I hated it. It was sealing my doom. I didn't WANT to do this ! I didn't WANT to get pregnant ! But I HAD to... I had no choice...I did, but... It was the right thing to do. I couldn't be selfish. I COULDN'T be. This baby was going to need the best, and it was going to get the best I could offer. Even if that meant Daniel being in the picture.

I had to admit... Daniel was a lot better than he was before. He was a lot more understanding, and he let me have my personal space... most of the time. He wasn't constantly making fun of me... even though he still did sometimes. And he had bought me an engagement ring, which was nice. So he was slowly improving.

We pulled up to the chapel... and I felt faint. I was dying. I knew it. Abby was wrong. Marrying Daniel WOULD kill me. The three of them got out of the car, but I stayed. I leaned my head back on the headrest and groaned.

My door opened. "Let's go, Lacy," Abby instructed.

I shook my head violently.

"Riley, help me," Abby said.

"NNNOOOOOOO !!!!" I cried. They began to pull me out by the waist and arms. I was reaching, groping, trying to find anything I could hold on to. I gripped tightly to the seat belt in horror.

They were too strong for me, pulling me out of the car quickly. I somehow loosened their grip on me momentarily. I was on my hands and knees on the ground, attempting to crawl away. Abby and Riley grabbed my ankles. I continued to wriggle and squirm; I was crawling, but going nowhere. I heard Daniel laughing from somewhere behind me. I'm sure it was quite funny. I was getting tired, so I gave up and rested my head on the pavement. "Take me away," I mumbled.

* * * *

I stood at the alter, in front of the preacher. I was holding a bouquet of plastic flowers (how wonderful) and staring across at Daniel in jeans and t-shirt (why didn't he have to dress up ?). Riley was standing behind him, avoiding my eyes. Luckily for him. If I could have caught his eye, I would have given him the biggest death glare this world has ever scene. I was going to elbow Abby in the boob for letting this terrible thing happen to me.

The preacher, appropriately dressed in a preacher costume that someone might wear for Halloween, looked at the two of us and cleared his throat. "Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today..." he began.

He went on to give his lovely speech about marriage while I stared at my faux bouquet. As much as I tried to listen, all I could hear was laughing. I stared at the preacher's mouth, but he wasn't laughing. His mouth was making words. I strained to hear, but I couldn't. Over and over I heard the taunting laugh until I wanted to sink down on my knees and scream. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. When I opened my eyes, everyone was looking at me expectantly.

"Oh... um... I do ?" I guessed.

The preacher nodded. "You may now kiss the bride," he announced.

Daniel smirked and my eyes widened. I wanted to protest. I wanted to shout at that fake preacher and hit him over the head with the Bible he held. Daniel stepped forward a step, put a hand behind my head, and before kissing me, chuckled slightly.

Our lips crashed together almost violently. My anger melted almost instantly. I wrapped my arms around his neck, forgetting for a moment that I had just married an arrogant asshole. He was cute, after all. Oh, who am I kidding ? Daniel was drop dead gorgeous ! But... still. I could never love someone so... ick. There's no words to explain that pain in the ass. Daniel was just about to slip his tongue in my mouth when I pulled away quickly.

I had been so into kissing him (EW !) that I didn't hear Abby and Riley whistling. I turned around and narrowed my eyes at her. She stopped immediately and looked down at her feet.

Suddenly, I was swooped up. I looked up at Daniel's grinning face. "What the hell ?" I asked.

"God, you pregnant women are so uptight !" he stated, carrying me to the car. I could hear the footsteps of the other two behind us.

"I have a right to be uptight. I live with you," I answered. I wanted to cry. I was now married. I never had a chance with love. I had to wake up every morning and look at his arrogant smirk.

He set me in my seat and got in with the others. He started the car and began the hour drive back home. Once again feeling squeamish, I rested my forehead on the glass.

"So..." Daniel trailed off.

"What ?" I asked tiredly.

"You know... it is our wedding night," he informed me.

I was about to say something sarcastic, until I heard muffled laughing in the back seat. Then, I understood what he meant. Rather, what he wanted. "Ha. I don't think so. Don't you remember what happened last time ?"

"Ya... but you're all ready pregnant, so..."

"No. I am never having sex with you again."

"What! That's not fair ! What am I supposed to do ? Hire Alaskan hookers ?"

"Not my problem."

The laughing continued from behind. "Jesus, Lacy. I have never met a bigger tease in my entire life !" he exclaimed. I didn't like his tone. He actually sounded a little hurt. And he used my real name, which was never a good thing.

"What do you mean ?!" I asked angerly. I had never teased him ! Ok... maybe that one time... or that other one... but still !

"You pretend not to like me at all, when I know you do. I mean, come on ! You kissed me back !"

"I did not do anything of the sort !"

"You did so ! Didn't she ?" The question was directly to Riley and Abby.

"Yes," they answered quietly.

I whirled around in my seat and glared at Abby. "What is your problem ? Where is the fucking friendship loyalty ? Do you always have to side with Riley ?!"

"But you-" she began.

"YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THE WORST FRIEND EVER !" I shouted, turning around. I leaned forward and put my head between my legs, instantly feeling guilty. It hadn't been her fault. She was just telling the truth. I heard faint sniffing behind me. I knew she was crying. And do you know what the worst part was ?

She hadn't even said, 'R&R'.

The tears rolled down my cheeks without stopping. I was such a bitch ! I was always blaming other people for my stupid problems that have nothing to do with them. I was lucky to have a good friend like Abby that came to my wedding and supported me. Daniel wasn't being as much of an ass as I made him out to be. My shoulders shook from my silent sobbing, as much as I bid them to stop. I felt a hand on my back.

I knew it could only be one of one person. Daniel. Abby was too busy crying, and Riley probably wanted to brutally murder me for hurting her feelings. I sat up and leaned on his chest, continuing to sob. His arm wrapped around me as I felt the car pull over. Somehow, I managed to crawl into his lap. His arms entwined around me and he kissed my head soothingly several times.

It was weird, but every time I was upset, Daniel always managed to comfort me in a way no one else could. He always just put his arms around me, and I felt okay. Why was that ? I don't know how long the four of us sat there, either comforting or crying, until I nodded off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. The water works.