Status: This story allows my imagination to run wild. Expect to see everything fairy tale, Disney, mythical, legend and fantasy related.

Happily Ever After

New Faces

It had been a few hours since his ordeal earlier as Lee began to stir. The black he could see began to break as he opened his eyes just slightly. Pushing himself up a little on his bed, he threw his arms out grabbing towards his dresser to put on his glasses... he grabbed again, eyes mostly still half shut. Getting a little irritated, he rubbed his eyes and leant across his bed, only as he opened his eyes, he had realised his dresser had been moved. Infact, his dresser was never there as this bed didn't belong to him and neither did the damp, old fashioned bedroom. "He's awake!!!" a deep voice shouted from the side of Lee, only Lee couldn't see anyone there.

Lee was thinking he was probably still sleeping and having another one of his crazy weird dreams. Despite this, Lee still leant over across the bed quite cautiously, holding up a clenched fist incase he saw anything out of the ordinary. As he edged towards the side of the bed, he lowered his fist and rubbed his face with the same hand. 'What am I doing?' he thought to himself. Sighing, he lunged himself over the side of the bed where he saw a small man with a great ginger beard dressed in ever so strange, medieval looking clothes looking back up at him. Lee threw himself back on the bed in total shock, his voice stuck in his throat. He looked at the little man, mouth wide open with one eyebrow raised. "How are ya feelin' chap?" twitched the long ginger beard. He put both of his small chubby hands on the edge of the bed as he looked at Lee who was still in a state of utter shock. The dwarf raised his hand and waved it at Lee before looking back over his shoulder. "Are you sure this is him?" he said, trying to get the attention of whoever was behind the door, "he doesn't look magical" he paused, "he looks a halfwit" he finished. Lee's expression changed from shocked to slightly insulted. He didn't have a clue what was going on or even if this was all just a dream. It feels almost too real to be a dream though, he thought.

As the dwarf let go of the bed, the wooden door behind him creaked open and in came a bunch of new faces walked in. The first face Lee clocked was that of a tall man with scruffy dark frosted brown hair with a thin gold hoop through his left ear. He had a little bit of stubble only just covering a scar on his chin. Lee's eyes scanned the room, spotting not one, but two faces which looked oddly similar. 'Twins maybe?' he thought as he looked the teens up and down. They had worn out, raggedy clothes and dark blonde hair - the girls being in two plaits hanging infront of her shoulders and then her 'twin' had much shorter hair. Lastly he saw another man, taller than the other two with much more chiselled features, almost model looking. He was wearing a royal looking navy long sleeved top with a golden belt around his waist. He brushed his hand through his feathery dark hair and looked at the little dwarf. "You're right Brynn. He IS a halfwit" he said, looking at Lee from a distance.

"Is he alright?" the girl questioned, rather concerned. Her look-a-like nudged her with his elbow and shook his head. "He only just survived an attack from one of those wretched monsters, I think you'd be the same way if you'd just been under attack too" he said, rolling his eyes. Lee suddenly snapped out of the trance he was in. "Where am I?" he asked, before looking around at the four new faces infront of him "and who are all of you?" he asked, dumbfounded. Brynn then piped up but was cut off instantly as Lee said "and WHAT are you?!" quite rudely.

Brynn stepped back and grunted. "It's not him, it can't be. The REAL son of Briar Rose wouldn't be so rude" he said, really putting emphasis on the word real. The scruffy haired man then butted in. "It's him" he said, Brynn looked up at him and began to question why but the man walked over to the bed where Lee was now kneeling upright. He extended his arm across and flicked Lee's white streak of hair. Quickly and snappily, Lee swatted the man's hand away from him. "Easy" he said "I'm Zi. This here's Jack and his sister Jill" the twins gave a little wave as Zi continued "this is Finlay" he said pointing towards the tall man "and I see you've already met Brynn", the little dwarf crossed his arms. "He's a pain in the ass" Zi whispered over to Lee, making Lee feel a little less uneasy. "Come on, time to meet the girl who saved your life out there" he said, extending his hand to Lee. Lee looked at his hand, then looking up at him, dodging his eyes left and right to these new acquaintances. What the hell am I doing? Lee thought as he put his hand into Zi's and made his way off the bed. Lee brushed himself down and let out a deep breath as he walked towards the door, five sets of eyes looking back at him. Jack opened the door and his sister Jill took the first step out of the room. Lee looked back at Zi, who nodded; giving his approval to enter the room. Strangely, Lee trusted this Zi's judgement already and he didn't even know him. Lee turned back around and made his first step into the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Characters introduced:

-Brynn and Finlay
I took inspiration from the Grimm story "Blue Light." I kind of get the 'thick as thieves' impression from the dwarf and soldier in the story, like these two are two very loyal, best friends.

-Zi (pronounced Zee)
Zi is one of four skilful brothers from the "Four Skilful Brothers" tale. Yes, you will meet the other three!

-Jack and Jill
Pretty self explanatory. These two are from the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill. They are identical twins.