The New Kid

him again / invited guest

I open the door to non other than mr. badass himself, Austin. What is he doing here? "What the hell are you doing here?" i asked, pissed and shocked. "Surprized?" he asked smiling like he just won something. Hell yeah!
~

"Surprised?" he asks smiling. "Just tell me why you're here." i said not caring. "Well, i just moved into the house beside you and came over to say that me, my mom & my friends are having a big supper and wanted to invite if you and your mom over tonight." he said being serious. "First my mom isn't here and won't be back 'til tomorrow, and second, no i'm not coming. Thanks, but no thanks." i say shutting the door on him. "Alright, but don't come crawling to my house when you have nothing to eat." I roll my eyes.

"Whatever Austin. Please move so i can shut the door and get back to what i was doing." i said. "Nothing probably." he mumbles. "Shut up." i say, finally shutting the door.

"Hey, wait." "What?" i asked annoyed. "Can i come in? Please?" he asked. "Let me think..............., no." "Please? My mom and my friends won't be back 'til late this afternoon, and i'm by myself until the get back."

I look at him. He's serious. I think. "On one condition." i say. "What?" I look at him. "You keep your hands where i can see them, and if i see one thing missing, and i mean one thing, you're out. Got it?" i say with a serious face. He nods his head real quick like. "Got it." I gulp and let him in.

"Nice house." he says walking inside. First round: his hands are folded. Okay. Next step. "You want something to drink?" i asked. "Sure. What do you have?" he asks. "Water, tea, milk, Gatorade, and lemonade." i say as he walks over where i am.

"Um................, cherry Gatorade is fine." "Okay." I hand Austin a Gatorade and grab some milk for myself and sit in my chair in the living-room. I look at Austin."You can come sit, too. Just not beside me, though." he nods his head and sits on the love-seat. Second round: his hands are in his lap. Okay. Next step. Time to make small talk. Here goes. "Where'd you live before you came here?"

I watch his reaction. "Well, i was born and grew up in Texas, then i moved to Florida. Then we moved to here to Jersey." he says. "Cool." i say. "How long have you lived here?" he asked. "Well, we moved here in 2000, so about 14 years." i said. "Cool."

I feel my phone vibrate on the arm of the chair, and answer it.

"Hello?" "Hey Kathryn." "Hey mom. What's up?" "I won't be coming back home tomorrow." "Okay. When will you be home?" i ask concerned. "In a week." I can deal with that. "Alright." "Spend some time with the Mahone's. Michele has a son a year younger than you." i clear my throat. "So he's at the house?" "Yep." "Is he behaving?" "So far," i turn my head to Austin. "Yes." "Alright. Well, i have to go. I'll talk to you later." "Alright, mom. I love you." "Love you too." we hang up and i look at Austin.

"That was my mom. She won't be back until next week, so i'm by myself for several days." Austin nods his head, as his phone vibrates. He looks at his phone. "I should go. My mom and my friends are back early." i nod my head as he gets up and head to the door. "I'll see you later, i guess. Are you coming tonight?" he asks as i get up. "I don't know. I might." It's silent for a a minute. I look at Austin. He does the same. He smiles, and does something unexpectedly. He walks up to me and kisses me. Hard. The only thing the comes to mind, is to kiss back. That's what i do.

He turns around and walks me to the wall as far as we can. We keep kissing until his phone rings. "Yeah"..... "Alright i'll be there in a minutes." He hangs up and kisses me for a few more seconds then leaves.

Afterwards, i slide down the door and smile.

I'm in love. But Austin can't know that. Neither can his crew.

It looks like i'll be eating with them tonight.