Relax, Baby, That's a Good Girl

I Can't Make You Stay, But Where's Your Heart?

I really didn't know what to do. Never in my life have I felt like I'd fucked everything up this bad.

I don't know what to do to get Matt back, I hurt Frankie, and during this whole process, I haven't been talking to any of my other friends, really. Not that we were the best friends ever, but I definitely talked to them more than I have for the past couple of months.

I spend the next couple of days just hanging out by myself, which made me thing about everything a lot.

It'd been about a week since then, and it's now Friday night. Matt and his band were going to have a little gig today at someone's house, and I was planning on going. I hadn't seen them play in forever, and I heard that they had some really good new songs.

I took a shower, which was supposed to be quick, but ended up taking over half an hour because I got caught up thinking about everything as I washed all over my body. I got out and dried off, the scent of vanilla wrapped around me.

I wrapped the towel around myself and walked into my room. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top with black polka dots, a black studded belt, a black thong, a matching black bra, and some checkered socks. Carrying all of these, I walked back into the bathroom, took off my towel, and put it all on.

I dried and straightened my hair, and then put on my make-up: some foundation, black mascara, light purple eye shadow, and a lot of black eyeliner. I smiled at my reflection; I had to admit I looked pretty good, and I don't say that often.

I walked out of the bathroom grabbing a pair of old, beaten, black converses on my way and putting them on, as I walked downstairs. I grabbed my keys, my cell phone, and some money, and then got into my car and drove to the house.

When I got there, the house was already loud, music exploding out of the windows, and people were all over the house, making out or practically having sex wherever there was space.

I passed by them quickly. It sucks watching people together when you're single, even if these people probably don't mean shit to each other.

I went into the kitchen and made myself a drink when I heard Travis' voice filling the room through a microphone, "YOU ALL READY TO ROCK?!"

Everybody seemed to stop their making out and walk over to the little stage where Matt's band was on. Everybody was screaming and yelling. Especially the girls, of course.

I was amazed by how much effect these guys had on everybody. As I walked closer to the stage, and I finally saw Matt, I couldn't help but feel proud of him. He was on his way to making his dream come true.

Travis smiled at the crowd. "KILL THE LIGHTS!" he screamed, and at the same exact moment, the lights everywhere but around the band went out.

Sonny now made his way over to the front of the stage. "HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I'm glade you've graced me with your presence----"

My eyes wandered back over to Matt, and I watched him as he got lost in his own world, and he looked so concentrated on his guitar, that it seemed like there was nothing but him and his guitar. His mouth was open slightly, as if he was releasing himself.

After about three songs of staring at Matt, his eyes finally caught mine. There was a look on his face that I can't really describe. I don't think he really expected me to be here, though I don't see why I wouldn't be. His face was covered with confusion, like he didn't know how to feel about the situation.

We kept staring at each other for a while, and then he looked back down at his guitar and jumped up high.

After their final song, a girl all the way in the front, reached up to Matt and pulled him towards her, her lips crashing against his.

I pressed my lips together tightly, hoping Matt wasn't enjoying that. Hoping that he didn't want this. I knew I didn't want it.

I made my way through the crowd and grabbed the girl's arm, pulling her away from my Matt.

"Let go of me, you bitch!" she yelled, glaring at me.

"I will as soon as you let go of my b-. As soon as you let go of Matt."

"It's not your business what the fuck I do. You're just jealous."

Matt watched between the two of us and shook his head. "You really should go," he said to the girl.

The girl looked at him, almost hurt, then huffed and walked away, leaving Matt and I alone.

I looked over at him, and he was just staring at the floor. I sighed walking up closer to him.

"Matt?" I said quietly.

He didn't look up.

"Matt.."

He looked up at me, straight into my eyes. "What'd you do that for, Kate?"

"What'd I do what for? Ohh, that. I just- I don't like seeing you with other girls, Matt. I want to be the only girl that gets to kiss you."

"Well, it's none of your business if I kiss another girl anymore or not, now is it?" he said, colder than he meant to.

"So you wanted that girl to kiss you?!"

"I didn't say that."

I sighed. I wanted him back, and I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless. So instead, I just nodded slightly and walked away sadly.

I walked over to an empty wall and leaned against it, staring down at my converse.

Looking down, I saw a shadow coming closer and closer to me. I looked up, having no idea who it was, and then I saw Frankie.

"Frankie."

"Hey, Katie," he said smiling slightly.

I was quite surprised because I didn't think he'd want to be my friend anymore. I thought he'd hate me.

"I realized that I'd rather be your friend, than have no contact with you at all, so here I am."
I smiled back at him and wrapped my arms around him tightly.

In his arms, I let it all out. I started crying softly into his chest.

He ran his hands up and down my back, comfortingly, and kissed my cheek, "Ssshhh," he whispered. "It's ok."

"It's nice to see how much you really love me, Katherine," Matt said walking up behind Frankie, seeing her in his arms, and not noticing she was crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one is the finale. It could either be up really soon, or it could be up in a while. x