Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Coincidence

“Please just get me out of here, please Briar! I can’t live here, I can’t” Luke’s cries echoed off of the solid white walls of his room furnished with only a bed, dresser, and a nightstand. His shoulders were shaking and his face was buried in my lap. I bit my lip holding tears back of my own and slowly moved my hand in circles along his back. “I’ll see what I can do love.” He sniffled again and nodded his head, and then rolled over to rest his head on his pillow.

I sighed and thought back to this morning.

Harry and I had arrived at the studio, and after introducing me to everyone there he went into the booth to record a few sections of a new song they were going to release right before their tour started in October. The thought of Harry leaving for a whole tour was hard to think about so I pushed it out of my mind, and caught Harry staring at me through the glass. He sent me a wink and I blushed and looked down.
“He really is quite smitten with you, you know?” The girl named Eleanor said next to me. Harry had introduced me a few times before but this was the first time I had been able to talk with her without Harry around.
“Do you think so?” I honestly asked looking up into her eyes. She was beautiful there was no question about it, the kind of beautiful that made me feel out of my league sitting here.
“Oh I know so, all he does is talk about you and I’ve never seen him bring a girl here before. You’re special to him Briar.” She squeezed my knee and smiled a kind smile at me.
“I think I’m really falling for him, I don’t know what it is.” I said back to her.
“You’re inlove that’s what it is.”
I looked at the beautiful boy singing just 20 ft away from me and I felt the tinge in my heart with every note he sang.
“You should come out with my friends and me this weekend, I would love for them to meet you!”
I quickly gave her my phone number and nodded my head as I leaned back into the couch we were sitting on.
I heard the familiar ring and my entire body stiffened.
Please don’t do this now. I reached into my bag and took out my phone and sure enough Luke’s name was flashing across the screen. I didn’t want to answer the this particular phone call infront of so many new faces so I quickly stood up and walked out of the room just in time to answer.
“Bry, I need you really badly. I need to leave. Please come see me.”
I sighed quietly so that Luke wouldn’t be able to hear. I knew I would never say no, I was just so exhausted from all the stress.
“I’ll be there soon.” I simply said.
“You’re leaving?” a raspy voice said from beside me.
“I’m sorry, I just-” “he needs me.”
“Sometimes I need you too Briar.” Harry said so softly with his head down, “I wanted you to hear this new song we have.”
I looked up at Harry and grabbed his hand, “I know and I’m sorry I will absolutely make this up to you I promise.” I smiled walking a little closer to him.
“What did you have in mind?” Harry smirked and grabbed the small of my back.
“You’ll see.” I said flirtatiously back.
He groaned and smiled back at me, “You kill me, you know that Briar?”
As I was walking away, I turned my head over my shoulder and winked at the beautiful boy leaning against the wall. My heart fluttered and I turned the corner.

I made my way to the door and opened it, but not before I crashed into a stunning brunette.
“Oh my god I am so sorry” I started to say, her face was cold and the look on her face could kill. I tensed up not liking confrontation but when she looked at me her face twisted into a look I had never seen before. It was softer and calculating.
“No don’t apologize I should have looked where I was going, I’m Kendall by the way” she held out her perfectly polished hand.
“Briar, but it was really nice meeting you I just am in sort of a rush” I said apologetically as I shook her hand. I had never seen her before but something about her seemed familiar so I shook it off and assumed it was another one of the boy’s girlfriends or flings. I saw her wave to me in my rearview mirror as I sped off out of the parking lot.

“Please is there anything we can do for him? I know he can’t leave permanently but is there any way I can get a day pass or anything?” I pleaded to the nurse.
She sighed and said, “It may take a week but I’ll see what I can do.”
I breathed a sigh of relief and thanked the nurse as I walked back into Luke’s room.
He instantly sat up when I walked through the door,
“Well what did she say?” he asked abruptly.
“She said she will see what she can do.” I said smiling down at him.
“I have to go though, will you be alright? I brought you some magazines and also a few more sketch books.” I said pulling out the bag from my purse.
“No I’ll be okay, thank you Briar really. I know I haven’t been easy, but I’m trying.”
“ I know you are sweetie” I said squeezing his hand. I looked into his eyes and for one split second I saw the sparkle that had been foreign to the cold grey eyes for so long.
As I walked out of the building to my car I got a text and pulled my phone out to see what it was.
An unknown number flashed across the screen.
Hey love, it’s Eleanor!
I know I said that there would be something this weekend, but the rest of the girls decided they couldn’t wait to meet the girl who captured Harry’s heart ;)
Drinks tonight?
Xo E
I smiled and quickly wrote out a response obviously asking if Isabelle and Carrie could join as I mde my way back to my apartment.

I pulled into our small driveway and opened my door.
“Hello?” I called out.
I heard laughs coming from the living room but was confused by the third voice that was unfamiliar to me.

I turned the corner and my eyes met with the familiar brown ones that I had met earlier, my face formed a confused expression and I wasn’t sure what she was doing in my apartment.
“Oh honey! You’re finally home, how we have missed you today!” I laughed as drunk Carrie sloppy walked over to me and hugged me.
“Darling this is Kendall” She said once she finally released me.
“We met her at our meeting today with Marc and we instantly fell in love and decided she just had to meet you.”
“We actually already met today” I said smiling at Kendall.
“Oh yes! I was just meeting with my manager this morning, I cannot believe the coincidence.” She said offering up what seemed to be a genuine smile.
“Yeah me neither!” I said loosening up and grabbing a glass of wine for myself.
I sat down on the couch next to her and offered her another glass.
She kindly declined and just sat back and flowed into the conversation.
I couldn’t help but question this particular coincidence.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)