Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Seeing Red

I had to cancel the night with Eleanor and her friends due to a phone call from Luke, but promised her that I would be around for the weekend.
The weekend finally came and I was texting Eleanor back and forth about what our plans were going to be for the night. We had decided nothing too outrageous because she didn’t want anybody to recognize her so we could have a carefree night.
I already knew my wardrobe would not suffice seeing as how Eleanor had already told me no sweaters. I walked across the hallway to Isabelle’s room to find a sticky note attached to her closet doors,
“Won’t be home tonight, have date. Wear ANYTHING you want ;) xx-iz”
I laughed to myself and questioned if she knew me better than I knew myself. I opened up the doors and quickly my eyes found another sticky note attached to a stunning open back dress.
“Wear this. Trust me,” was written on this one, and it turned out my best friend did know me better than I know myself. The dress was sparkling in the late afternoon sun and was a beautiful bronze color. The sticky note fell off the dress and I bent down to pick it up only to see a pair of shoes set aside and a necklace as well, I never deserved the people that came into my life but I knew how lucky I was.

I pulled my long blonde hair out of its bun as I grabbed the outfit from Isabelle’s closet, I placed the beautiful dress on my bed and heard my phone vibrate from across the room.
I furrowed my eyebrows knowing that Harry was still in his interview so he wouldn’t be able to text me, and looked at the screen in confusion at the unknown number.
“Can’t wait to see you ladies tonight! ;)” the text was from a number that I did not have, but was part of a group that contained Eleanor’s and a few of her friends I had managed to exchange numbers with. I thought nothing of it and began to straighten the rats nest out of my hair.
After a whopping two hours of straightening my hair, and putting on my makeup (multiple times because I was hopeless when it came to being a girl) I was finally ready to meet the girls.
Harry had texted me halfway through which caused me to look down and subsequently poke my eye with the mascara brush, so I told him I’d talk to him when I got home later that night.
I heard the doorbell ring and quickly put my high heels on as I stumbled out into the hallway to answer the door.
“Oh. My. GOD!” was all I heard as Eleanor walked through the door and into my apartment, “You look so hot! No wonder harry keeps you all to himself!” She giggled.
Her statement caused a deep blush to appear on my cheeks and she winked at me as we left and got into her car.
Eleanor gave me a debriefing of who I would be meeting tonight and I asked her about the number from the previous texts.
Her phone had been left at her photoshoot earlier so she was curious herself who the mysterious number was. We paid no mind to it though, as we drove into the city blaring music with the windows down.

I smiled and bit my lip as I thought about how good everything was going lately, but I should have known that everything isn’t what it seems.

Once the valet took Eleanor’s keys she quickly grabbed my hand and kept her head down as we made our way through the back entrance of the club, I could already feel the loud music thumping through my chest.
I heard squeals coming from a group of girls standing at the bar and Eleanor ran over to hug them all, “Girls this is Briar.” They all stretched out their arms and enveloped me in a hug, I laughed as each of them began throwing compliments my way. It was strange to have such beautiful people compliment me, I definitely was not used to this much attention.
I noticed one girl with her back to us, her long brown hair cascading down her back. She turned around and I felt Eleanor tense up at the sight of her face.
“Kendall?” I said completely shocked to see her here.
“Duh! I sent you a text today silly!” she said smiling at me.
I smiled back and apologized for not knowing which she just waved off and grabbed my hand leading me to the dance floor. I brushed off the strange look on Eleanor’s face and grabbed her hand as well.

After about 45 minutes of straight dancing I decided to grab a drink, and made my way through the packed club. I felt a hand on the back of my shoulder as I ordered and looked up to see Kendall.
“Are you having fun?” she asked as I grabbed my drink and headed to sit on one of the couches that lined up in the back room.
“Yeah absolutely,” I said earnestly, “everyone is incredible.” I smiled the beautiful girl sitting next to me.
She stumbled around her purse as if she was looking for something, “want to have a little more fun?”
She revealed a small plastic bag with white powder in it.
I froze. My eyes widened, “No, no thank you I-I-don’t do that” I shook my head not knowing what to think.

“oh my god, I am so sorry Briar I had no idea, I just assumed because you’re with Harry..” she innocently trailed off.
I could tell that there was nothing malicious about what she was saying and she looked just as freaked out as I was.
“What do you mean, you assumed?”

She began stammering, “I mean I thought maybe you guys did it tog-” her sentence was cut short by a frantic Eleanor.
“There you guys are! We have to go Bri I called Harry and Louis to come and to bring Paul with them because there is a TON of paparazzi outside.”
At that moment I could care less about who was outside all I knew was that I saw red.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been so long, I have been so busy with school. I have also seemed to develop terrible writer's block.
Thank you to those who will still read this I appreciate each and every subscription, and love hearing feedback and criticism.
xx