Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Forgiveness

I sped the whole way to the hospital, and ran three red lights but I got there within a record time. I burst through the doors and ran into the waiting room, hair still soaked from my shower. Carrie and Isabelle came running in behind me.

"My name is Briar Hepburn, where is he?" I asked the woman at the front desk, my eyes pleading for answers.

"Room 422 sweatheart, go down this hallway and take a left the elevator will be on your right. He's still being observed so you may have to wait a little while."

I nodded my head and took off down the hallway.

"Briar wait slow down you heard her, he can't be seen yet."

I ignored Carrie's comment, and pushed on trying to find the elevator because I easily forgot the nurses instructions.

"Bri please stop, there's nothing you can do right now. You need to breathe for a second."

I frantically turned around, "I can't breath guys, I-I can't breath" I said honestly.

The room was spinning around me and my breathe hitched in my throat, they both wrapped their arms around me pulling me close.

My breathing slowed down to a normal pace and I looked up at both of my bestfriends, "if anything happens to him I'll never forgive myself."

"He'll be okay. Luke's a fighter."

We made our way to the elevator finally, and I thought to myself that I didn't know how much fight I had left in myself...

Three hours late I was sitting on the ground outside of the room with my head on my knees. The door opened and a middle aged brunette walked out of the room.

I quickly stood up and introduced myself.

"So how, um, how is he?"

"He's stable, we were able to revive him and then also pumped his stomach so he is going to be sore for a couple of days. We also have to keep him here for at least a week because he is know on suicide watch. He's very lucky that they found him when he did."

I could barely make out what she was saying when another woman stepped out of the room.

"Aunty?"

I have never felt so little before when she wrapped me up in her arms, "Come on honey, let's go talk."

She griped my hand leading me a little further away, "I got the call right after you did, and I was at the market buying some things so I came straight here. I talked to his doctors and they found a combination of pills in his system, enough to kill three people."

She paused making sure I was alright,
"I'm taking him out of that place. It is sucking the life right out of him, I know we agreed that this was the best option we had but I'm gonna bring him home with me darling. I've talked to his doctors and he's going to have to do some programs and also see a therapist twice a week who will also submit him to some drug tests."

I sighed running my hands through my hair.

"I know it's alot to take in sweetie, but it's what Luke wants."

I nodded my head and smiled at her, I knew that she was giving up a huge part of her life to do this for us so I pulled her into a tight embrace knowing that no words would suffice.

I walked back to the room and walked in and flinched when I saw my baby brother hooked up to tubes and machines.

I sat with him for two hours until visiting time was over. They told me that he was expected to wake up sometime tomorrow and that I could come back then.

I kissed his forehead and walked out of the room, I searched the hallway for Isabelle and Carrie but instead found a curly headed boy nervously fidgeting in his seat.

"You shouldn't be here Harry."

His head looked up from its fixed position, his bright green eyes now bloodshot and dull.

"Briar please I'm so sorry, I know you hate me right now but Isabelle called me and told me what happened. Whatever is going to happen between us and no mater how much you hate me, I will always care about you and want to make sure that you are alright."

I slowly released the tension in my shoulders and nodded my head,

"I appreciate you being here, really. But I can't and won't talk about where we stand for a while. I just am nowhere near ready to forget what happened, but with that being said I will always care about you too. So thank you for coming." I placed my hand on top of his and rested my forehead against his strong chest.

His familiar smell reached my nostrils and instantly I felt calm. I had to remind myself that no matter what, I had to protect my brother, and also my heart.

"I'll call you soon okay?" I said as I stepped back and looked straight into his eyes. Big mistake.

They were tired and hurt, and mine matched.

He sighed and reached out to touch my cheek,
"I know we won't discuss this now, but whenever your ready I will tell you everything you need to know. And also know that I would never EVER do anything that you hurt you, or your family. Please know that.

I nodded and saw Isabelle and Carrie down the hallway. They walked over to me and said a hello to Harry before he disappeared in the elevator.

I knew that I told him I wasn't ready to forget, but the truth is I had forgiven him the moment I saw the look in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really starting to warm up to this story, and I love that people are even taking the time to read it. I can't say thank you enough, also I started a new story as well if you want to check it out.

here's the link!
http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/597544/Brokedown-Palace/