Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Autopilot

I had found my new routine. Everything that I did was scheduled and planned out so that I woulnd’t have time to think about Harry.

In the morning I would go to work, by the time I walked in the customers would be lining up so there was barely even time to breath.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I would go from work to visit Aunt Rosie and Luke, who has been showing more signs of improvement in the last month than he has in a year. To this I feel entirely guilty for, if I had tried harder to get him out of that place maybe that night never would have happened.

After three hours I would head home at about 5 and then go for a run. The 14 miles were the easiest part of my day.
Each day I found myself relying on auto pilot more and more. It got to the point where Eleanor actually had to chase me for the last two miles of my run for me to realize she was there.

I heard my name being called in the distance and lowered my music, I brought my legs to a slow stop and heard light footsteps coming from behind me.

“Well thank you for finally deciding to hear me!” She said out of breath. There was sweat covering her delicate face, but yet she still looked as if she was just coming from a photo shoot.
She dropped and put her hands on her knees, “You realize I had been following you for two miles right?!” she said with her head in-between her legs.

“No El I’m sorry, I had no idea” I said giggling a little at the sight in front of me.

“This is definitely not funny, I have been calling you for weeks! I cannot believe I had to resort to running to come find you!” to this we both laughed.

"I'm really sorry El," I focused my eyes on the ground, feeling too guilty to look into hers.

No more words were exchanged except for a few giggles after we realized how disgusting we were after hugging.

We both walked inside my apartment and I offered to put some tea on, while she took a seat at the kitchen table.

"You know Bri, we all really miss you not just Harry. Louis has been practically asking about you twice a day."

My guilt just kept multiplying, not only had I frozen out Harry in my life I had also frozen out the rest of my friends because I didn't know how to react to the incident with Kendall.

"Will you come over tonight? I'll cook dinner, you and Lou can catch up. Like I said he really misses having you around the flat."

I sighed, not thinking it was a good idea because Harry would inevitably be there.

"I don't know El, what if Ha-"

"Do not even base our decision off that twat. He won't be there I promise, he's off presenting some award tonight and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon."

I laughed and agreed,

"alright alright, but at least let me help you cook as an apology for being MIA."

She pretended to ponder my proposal but laughed and said,
"Of course, but I think you should probably shower first I can smell you from here!"

My face turned red and I opened my mouth to protest but clamped it closed when I realized she was right, nodding my head I grabbed a towel from the hall closet.

I was showered and dressed in less than 10 minutes, and before I knew it I was outside of Harry's house for the first time in over a month.

I would love to say that it didn't bother me but it did, there was no denying that.

Eleanor squeezed my hand reassuringly before turning her key in the lock and yelled, "honey we're hooooome."

I heard a loud beeping coming from the kitchen and we ran into the evaluate.

Louis stood there as red as the tomato sauce that was now smoking on the stove.

"What in the hell happened here?" Eleanor laughed as she bent over to grab a towel and fan out the fire alarm.

"Well I thought I would surprised you ladies by cooking dinner, but apparently I should stick to my day job." He said as the blush on his cheeks began to fade.

I laughed and looked at Eleanor who just laughed back while shaking her head.

I walked over to Louis and pulled him into a hug,
"I missed you around here Bri, just because Harry was a pud didn't mean you had to punish all of us."

"It won't happen again I promise." I said looking in-between the both of them.

"How about you two go relax while I try to salvage what's left of dinner" I said as I scooted the couple out of the kitchen.

"Oh hey Louis, um, do you think you could do me a favor?"

I yelled into the other room as I began pouring the sauce down the drain.

"Anything for you love!"
He called back.

"I left a pair of earrings here a while ago and they're Isabelle's I figured maybe you'd be able to get them from Harry's room for me?" I asked nervously.

"Of course I can" He said as he made his way up the stairs.

Louis's P.O.V

I opened the door to Harry's room trying to think about where the earrings might be. I went into the bathroom and checked the cabinets. The only thing inside was floss and cologne, I put the floss into my pocket remembering that I was out. I'd get him more another time, he wouldn't miss it.

I then walked over to his dresser and rummaged through his drawers, and
"Aha! There you are-" The earrings were there but then so was a small clear bag with powder in it.

"Oh for fucks sakes" was all I could manage as I slammed his dresser drawer shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to every new and old subscriber!
I love that people are still reading, and would love to hear some feed back!
Thank you~
xx