Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Brighter Days

I stared at the three tickets on my counter top in my kitchen. I held the cup of tea closer to my face so that I would be able to cool it down, I felt the steam touch my lips and blew. I let out a small “humph” frustrated and not knowing what to do I walked down the hallway and woke up my two roommates. Carrie was the first to crawl out of bed her long brown hair flowing out in all different directions. “Still don’t know what to do about the concert love?” I shook my head. Then I heard Isabelle’s loud voice echo from the other room,
“ Honestly? Briar let’s just go you deserve to have some fun and I think that a free concert should never be declined.”
I smiled at the brunette beauty, “ I don’t know you guys, I just feel like staying at home this weekend now that I can’t go to Boston any more” I sighed for about the hundredth time this week and that’s when I heard both girls mockingly do it back.
“That is it! We are going! It is official that you need some fun, and as your best friends we are making you go.” Isabelle stated.
“ But-“ I began to retort,
“Nope no buts babe, we are going. It is final” Carrie lovingly interrupted.
“Now we have two days to pick out amazing outfits and to figure out how we are going to make those crutches of yours look good…”Isabelle joked. I laughed light heartedly and felt my mood begin to lift as I thought about how amazing it would be to see those beautiful green eyes again.
HARRY’S P.O.V
I could not get her face out of my mind, there was no describing how bad I had felt for that poor girl. Not only had she gotten hurt but when she was told she couldn’t run the look on her face would have made any body cry. I remember the sad look in her mysterious cloudy grey eyes and couldn’t help but wonder if she would be at the concert on Saturday. I found myself day dreaming about the night until a snap woke me up.
“huh?” I asked.
“ We were just saying about how we wanted to slow down a few songs and maybe work them into a couple ballads…” Liam repeated.
All the lads stared at me waiting for a response, I cleared my throat “yeah definitely, maybe Niall over here could break out the old fiddle” I joked earning a chuckle and a water bottle thrown at me by Niall.
“Ha-Ha verrrry funny.”
I toned out the next bits of the conversation as my mind raced back to Briar.