Status: i have a lot of stories, so i'll update when i can

Baby, Please Come Home

I Swear I Will Be Better Than Before

“Victor, come here,” mom called the second I walked through the door. “What for?” My dad called back.
“Vic is here, hurry up,” I smiled a little and hugged my mom. I missed them living in Sacramento. “Vic, I’m glad you’re here son. Come here,”
I let him pull me into a tight hug too, and then drag me into the kitchen. “Vic, are you hungry? You’re so thin,” mom said, looking me over and then immediately going to the fridge.
“No, mom, I’m fine,” I said, although she’d probably make a five course meal anyways.
“Oh hush, let me make you lunch.” I sighed and sat down at the kitchen table, my dad sitting down beside me.
“So, how are you?” he asked and pat my shoulder. “Um…not great actually…” He frowned at me.
“Um…I broke it off with Bethany,” I said, expecting them both to rejoice. They kind of hated her. “What for? Did something happen?” mom asked, surprising me.
“Um…yeah, actually. She cheated on me and then, um…I, uh…I slept with Kellin,” I saw her mouth twitch with a smile at the mention of Kellin's name.
She may not like Bethany, but she adored Kellin. “Oh, so I was right about her?” I frowned. “Yes, mom, you were. But that’s not the point. I hurt Kellin,” I said.
“What do you mean?” she asked, both of them looking at me with concerned expressions on their faces. “Like, emotionally. I was really upset about Bethany, and I was Kellin at the time. The entire time I’ve been here, I’ve been obsessing over him, and so we slept together. But I told him that Beth and I had broken up, even though we hadn’t officially, and the other day we did break up. So Beth actually called Kellin, and she told him everything and I—I didn’t mean for this to happen and I hurt Kellin again and he deserves so much better than me and—“Vic,” mom said, cutting me off.
I looked up from my rambling and met her eyes. “It was wrong of you to lie to Kellin, and you probably shouldn’t have been intimate with him. But, he knows the truth now, and I think that you should apologize. Kellin loves you, and I honestly believe that he’ll forgive you,”
I bit my lip nervously and nodded. “How do you know he still loves me?” I asked, knowing she still talked to him.
“Well, I’ve kept in touch with Kellin, and he’s told me that quite a bit. He still loves you, and I think you do too,” I nodded my agreement. “I do love him,” I said, staring down at the table.
“I wish we had never broken up,” I admitted.
“You can still fix it Vic. Tell him how you feel,” dad said ad smiled at me.
I nodded again, having every intention of fixing this. I refused to lose him again. ~

I stayed at my parents until after dark and then started driving back to the hotel. Until Kellin called me….
“Kellin?” I asked. “Vic…I need you,” he said back, sounding like he was crying. “Please come here, I n-need you,” he pleaded, choking up at the end.
“Okay, where are you honey?” I asked, pulling over briefly. “Home…please come home…I miss you so much Vic,” It hurt to hear him cry, especially over me.
“Okay, just relax. I’ll be right there,” I promised, already pulling back onto the street. “Please…I need you here…hurry please,” he begged and then the line went dead.
I felt myself starting to panic, and of course now I was speeding.
Luckily I didn’t get caught though, because I really needed to get to him.
I shut the car off ad then practically sprinted up to the apartment. Kellin could be really irrational when he was upset, and the thought wasn’t doing anything to help my racing heart.
His door was open, the apartment silent. “Kellin?” I called. “Kell, where are you?” I didn’t get answer.
“Kellin?” I dialed his number frantically, relief running through me as he answered. “Kellin, where are you?” I asked. “Upstairs…” he mumbled and sniffled.
“What—,” he hung up again, leaving me confused. There was no upstairs unless he was on one of the other floors—the roof.
I closed his door behind myself and took the elevator up to the top floor.
The door to the roof was at the end of the hallway, and of course it was open a bit. I ran up the steps just in time to see Kellin launch his pack of cigarettes off the roof.
“Kellin?” I ran up to him, wrapping my arms around his small frame. “You scared the hell out of me. What are you doing up here?” I asked, petting his hair.
He shook his head and started sobbing, his shoulders shaking. “What’s wrong? Kellin, you have to tell me what’s wrong or I can’t fix it,”
He shook his head and then pushed out of my hold. “You don’t want me,” he said and leant his arms on the side of the building. “Kellin, i—He shook his head to cut me off. “You don’t like me anymore,” he said.
“You hate smoking and I’m not the same anymore and—and you think I’m slutty,” he said, tears dripping down his cheeks.
“I don’t think that,” I said. “And even if I did, I would have no right to judge your sex life.”
He shook his head again. “I don’t have a sex life,” he said, laughing a little at the confused look on my face. “I haven’t…not with anyone else,” he choked, staring out at the city. “Seriously? That’s kind of sweet,” I said, surprised and a little impressed.
“No, it’s pathetic. I just—I don’t want anyone else…” I reached for him, not wanting him to cry anymore.
“Kellin, I don’t think you’re a slut or pathetic, or anything else that you said,” I told him.
“But you don’t want me anymore. You w-want her,” he said and let me pull him into my arms. “I hate her…I want you to love me back,” he choked.
“I—I don’t w-want to hurt anymore. M-make it stop,” he begged and collapsed against me.
We fell to the ground, Kellin sobbing into my chest. “It h-hurts so much, Vic—I—I don’t want to be different—p-please, make it stop,” I cradled him to my chest, begging him to stop crying. “Shh, its okay, you’re okay. Please, just stop,” I pleaded and tilted his chin up.
“I don’t care if you’re different Kell. I love you so much,” He didn’t look like he believed me, and that only made him cry harder.
“Kellin, listen to me,” I ordered. “I love you. I have always loved you, and if I could go back I would never have gotten divorced. I love you so much, Kellin. Please believe me Kell. I love you,” I repeated it over and over, Kellin relaxing in my arms.
I called Alex, worried about him. Kellin passed out, his head resting in my lap as I continued to rock him.
“Alex, I need your help. Kellin called me and he started freaking out and crying and I don’t know what’s wrong. I think he’s unconscious and I’m worried. Should I—“Vic, chill, he was probably drinking. The alcohol reacts badly with his meds, but he’ll be okay; he’s done this before,” Alex said.
“Should I take him to the hospital?” He was still breathing, just limp. “You don’t have to. He’ll be fine. This used to happen a lot actually, so his doctor switched all his meds. They won't affect him, they just don’t mix well and he gets all weird. He’ll be fine, just don’t leave him alone,”
I nodded to myself and looked down at Kellin. “Okay…um, thanks,” I said. “Sure, and if he’s already out, he’ll probably stay that way for a while,” he said. “Alright. Thanks,” I hung up and put my phone away before scooping Kellin up into my arms.
He was so light, and it really wasn’t as hard to get him downstairs as it should have been.
I sat down on the couch, propping a pillow under Kellin's head, and covered him with a blanket. He didn’t stir in the slightest, completely out for what felt like days….
“Ungh…” I snapped out of my half-asleep state and looked at Kellin as he sat up quickly. He was getting up before I could ask him anything, disappearing into the bathroom.
“Kellin?” I asked, just as I heard him throw up. I cringed and walked into the bathroom, kneeling down behind him. I pushed his hair behind his ears and then rubbed his back gently as he emptied his stomach.
He stopped after a while and flushed it away before falling back against me.
I cradled him as he panted, gently stroking his side. “Are you okay?” I asked softly. He nodded a little and sat up I my arms. “I’ll be fine,” he mumbled. “My meds don’t really sit well with alcohol,” I frowned and kissed his hair.
“You shouldn’t have been drinking,” I said and held him tighter, grateful that he was okay. “I know…I’m sorry I scared you…and had an emotional break-down in front of you,” I laughed a little and rocked him lightly.
“I don’t care…I’m just glad you’re okay,” Kellin sighed and closed his eyes, both of us sitting in silence for a while. “What were you thinking?” I asked.
“I don’t know…I just…I hate being alone, I didn’t want to think,” he admitted. “I’m sorry I lied to you,” I said. “I never wanted to hurt you, and I do really love you Kellin.”
A little tear dripped down his cheek as I spoke. “Uh-uh. No more crying,” I said ad wiped it away.
“I don’t want to see you cry anymore,” Kellin turned around in my arms and then wrapped his around my neck, hiding his face in my hair.
“I love you,” I whispered. “I never stopped loving you,” Kellin shook slightly and I felt him crying anyways.
He pulled back to look at me, rubbing his eyes. “Then…why did you leave me-e?” I shook my head, not even sure if knew. “I—all of the reasons I had then seem so stupid now—I, I honestly don’t know anymore. But I wish that I hadn’t,” He sniffled and rubbed his eyes again.
“When you said that the old you was gone, did you mean that?” I asked.
Kellin shook his head. “No…he’s just hidden under cynicism and sarcastic comments,” I laughed humorlessly and pulled him against me again.
“Did I really destroy you?” He didn’t say anything, but that was answer enough. “You broke my heart,” he said finally. “I know…I’m so sorry,” I said.
“Are you still going to marry her?” he asked sadly. “No…no, I’m not,” I didn’t want to marry Bethany anymore, although I wasn’t opposed to marrying Kellin again.
“Are you gonna move away again?” I frowned at that. I didn’t know if I could get my job transferred again. “I hope not…I don’t really like Sacramento as much as here……. And you’re not there,”
Kellin looked up at me, the surprise in his eyes breaking my heart. “I’ll still have to go back and arrange everything, but…tell me to stay and I will,” I said.
“I want you to stay,” Kellin said, his eyes staring into mine. “I’m all yours,” He smiled for what felt like the first time in ages. He smiled like I remembered; happy and kind and so sweet.
“I love you Kellin,” I said and leant forward to kiss him. “No,” I looked at him, confused, as he turned his head away from me. “I didn’t brush my teeth yet,” he explained, wrinkling his nose at me.
“So?” Kellin grimaced and shook his head. “So I threw up and I taste gross,” I sighed and watched him get up to brush him teeth. “I don’t really care,” I said, even as he had a toothbrush in his mouth.
“I do,” I smiled, my heart warming as I watched him.
I stood up too and waited until he was finished before crushing my lips against his. I lifted him up, waiting until he had wrapped his legs around me before heading to his room.
We fell onto the bed, Kellin smiling as I landed on top of him. “I love you,” he said. “I love you too.” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
getting close to the end

title- "Sorry" Sleeping With Sirens