Status: Active

Everything Will Change

Chapter 16

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. My reality was better than all the dreams I had in the past. Ashton was my everything better plan, my whole better reality. I was madly in love with him and it was just living a dream that never ended. He simply made me feel alive. He was my living dream, my little paradise.

We've been together for two months. Two months of pure love, happiness and peace. Those two months were the best of my life. Whatever I did, I felt happy and good about myself. Whatever happened, I could always count on Ashton. He always was there for me, just like I was always there for him. And it never was going to change.

Time passed so quickly that I didn't even realize that I only had two days left in Florida until I had to get back to my worst reality. I only had two more days to spend with Ashton until we would see each other again a couple of months again. I didn't want to go back to Sydney. I didn't want to leave Ashton behind. I got used to being with him every hour of the day. I knew I was going to feel more than empty without him by my side in Australia. Sure, we were still going to be able to call each other or Skype each other. But it wasn't going to be the same. Those things would not allow me to hug him, to kiss him or to fall asleep with him in my arms.

Things with our parents didn't get any better after our little conversation. Ashton's mother was still very pissed off. She was so disappointed in Ashton and she let him new every single day. Ashton was strong though. Yeah, there were nights where he cried himself to sleep, but I was there to comfort him. Other than that, he didn't let her affect him and he kept moving. He was strong and I was there to support him.

Ashton decided to save his money to buy himself his own place in the next months. He said that once I would turn 18, he would wait for me to move with him. I could not wait to start a living with Ashton, where it would be just us. It was going to be amazing, with nobody telling us what's wrong or right, nobody to tell us what to do.

As for my father, he didn't speak to me after our talk. He kept ignoring me and pretended that I didn't exist. I saw him at work and sometimes at home and that was it. I wasn't the son he wanted me to be, so he just gave up on me like the good father that he was. The only good thing about leaving Florida was that I would not have to see his face ever again. I hated him.

A part of me was afraid to go back to Sydney, where I would find back my old friends and my old habits. After Ashton and I got together, I didn't smoke a single joint of weed and the only alcohol I drank was the one I ordered when we went on romantic dates. At first, it was very hard to control myself, but as time went on, the addictions slowly faded away. As for sex, I was absolutely satisfied with Ashton. Everytime doing it with him was simply magical and amazing.

I knew that I would never cheat on him. I simply was afraid that being back in my old environment would bring back the bad habits: massive drug and alcohol consuption. I would need to fiight without the help of Ashton, but I knew I could do if I really wanted to. And for Ashton, I was going to.

Speaking of Ashton, we currently were at this fancy restaurant, the same one I brought him on our first date together. It was going to be our last date before a while, and we both were really sad about it. We tried to be strong about the fact that I soon would be gone, but it was harder than we thought. We were aware that it was going to be so hard to say goodbye after we spent months not leaving in each other's side.

''I wish you could stay, baby. I wish you didn't have to go, I'm going to miss you so much. You're not even gone yet that I'm already missing you. This summer went by way too fast,'' Ashton said.

''I'm going to miss you too, sweetie. I don't want to leave, I wish I could stay here with you, where I really am happy. But hey, it's just going to be a goodbye. You know that I will come back to you. As soon as I turn 18, I'm going to get on this plane and find my way back to you,'' I replied.

''I'm just afraid that you'll move on, Lukey. Three months a long period of time. Yeah, we'll have Skype, Facetime and all those other stuff, but I'm scared that you'll realize that I'm not worth it...I'm scared that you going back to Sydney will seperate us, for good,'' Ashton said sadly.

''How could I move on? There is no way I'm going to move on, Ash. Don't you know that I love you so much it hurts? This isn't going to seperate us. You have to trust me baby. I promise that I'm not going to let you down. I care too much about you and I love you so much. It will only be three months. After that, we will never be seperated ever again, I promise,'' I assured him.

''I love you so much, Lucas Robert Hemmings,'' Ashton said.

''And I adore you, Ashton Fletcher Irwin. And I always will,'' I replied.

''Until the end,'' he added.

''Do you promise to contact me at least once a day? We'll have to figure out a perfect timing because of the time zones, but yeah. I will need to talk to you at least once a day or I am going to go crazy,'' I asked.

''I pinky promise you to contact at least once day. But believe me when I say that I will probably contact you twice or thrice a day, because I'm going to miss you so much Lukey. And I also promise you to get that apartment for the both of us. It is only going to be you and me baby,'' Ashton answered.

''Until the end,'' I replied.

Some would say forever and always, but Ashton and I would always say Until the end, And there wasn't going to be an end. Not even death was going to seperate us and stop us from loving each other. Our love for each other was stronger than the power of death.

We kept eating our food, talking about our incredible summer together. So many great things happened to us this summer, it was the best vacations of our lives. From our cuddly moments in our room to our romatic dates, everything was perfect. From our time spent watching Supernatural to our time going to the museum, it was all memorable. And I owed it all to my boyfriend.

It was the summer where we both fell in love with a once to be stranger who appeared to be the love of our lives. It was the summer where I realized all the good things I had missed for so long. It was the summer where I found my true happiness. Love is a force more formidable than any other. And this force was Ashton.

''This has to be my favorite restaurant from now on,'' I said.

''I know! Their food is so good,'' Ashton replied happily.

''No, not because of their food. Well it sure is good, but that is not what I meant. It has to be my favorite restaurant because this is where I realized that you meant so much to me. It is in this very place that I realized how perfect you were for me and how much I wanted and needed to be with you. I love you,'' I mentionned.

''Why do you have to be so perfect? I'm the luckiest boy in the world to have someone as amazing as you in my life. From now on, I can't live withtout. I need your love. When everything is wrong, you always know how to make it right again. You helped me be who I am right now, because of you my life finally seems to have a purpose. You're my everything, Luke,'' Ashton replied.

I leaned it and tenderly kissed him. I was going to miss this while I would be stuck in Sydney. I would simply miss everything about Ashton. It wasn't going to feel right to fall asleep on my own, without my good night hug and kiss. But it was only going to be for three months. We could do it, love is stronger than everything.

''Hey, I'm going to go get the car. Are you sure you're okay with paying the bill?'' Ashton proposed.

''Yeah, I still have some money because you never let me pay for you. Now it's my turn,'' I replied smiling.

''Okay, well, meet my at the door in five minutes. I'll miss you,'' Ashton said.

''I'll miss you too,'' I replied.

He lighly pecked my lips before leaving the restaurant for me to pay. I was happy that Ashton finally let me pay something for him. I always felt bad that he always paid for me, but I was also very thankful. I paid for our $60 bill and headed to the exist to wait for my loved one that was supposed to be there any second now.

Five minutes later and Ashton still wasn't there. Maybe there was some traffic, we parked the car a few streets away from the restaurant. But it was late and there never was traffic at that time of the day. Maybe he just stopped by the convenience store to buy some gum since he was out of it. He was okay, I just needed to calm down.

Another ten minutes passed and there was still no sign from Ashton. This wasn't normal and I started to get worried. I tried to call him, but he didn't pick up. I texted him, but I didn't get any reply. I had no idea what was happening. Maybe he was only trying to prank me? Or maybe he was planning something romantic and needed a little time? Yeah, it had to be it. So I sat on the stairs and waited for him to pick me up with his suprise.

Two minutes later, my phone rang. Thankfully, it was Ashton. That idiot, why did he have to freak me out like that?

''Ash baby, where are you?'' I asked.

''Hello, Luke,'' someone replied. I knew that voice. It didn't belong to Ashton. Something was wrong.

''Michael?'' I wondered nervously.

''Yeah. You thought you could get rid of so easily? You thought I was only going to get you beaten up and forget about this whole thing?'' Michael replied.

''W-What do you mean?'' I asked.

''Don't play it dumb with me, Luke. What you did to me was pretty nasty. I had to spend months in that cell until I could finally get out. You're the one who put me in there. And I'm going to make you pay,'' he answered.

''You already made me pay by sending those guys to beat me,'' I replied. ''Where's Ashton?''

''That clearly wasn't enough. Oh, the handsome boy with curly hair? Yeah, he's with me. He's okay, for now,'' Michael replied.

Michael had Ashton. Michael wanted to get his revenge on me. That couldn't be real....Michael was going to hurt Ashton, so he could only hurt me better.

''What did you do to him?'' I asked angrily.

''Nothing much, just hit him behind the head. He is unconscious right now. I'm waiting for him to wake up and have you know, fun,'' Michael replied laughing.

''Don't you dare hurting him!'' I warned him.

''Seems like Luke got himself a lover. All the things I could do to him,'' Michael said.

''Don't you freaking touch him Michael,'' I yelled.

''I'll see. How about you come and join the fun, Luke? You know where to find me and don't you dare bringing someone with you. But be fast, the game begins in five minutes. If you can't make it, it'll be too late,'' Michael said before the line went dead.

I should have known that Michael was going to try to hurt me even more than he already did. This was all my fault for being stupid enough to denounce him. I made a mistake and he was going to make me pay by taking away the things I loved the most: Ashton.

There wasn't anytime to waste. My baby was in danger. My baby was in the hands of a disgusting boy. My baby was probably going to get hurt and it was all my fault. I had to stop Micheal. Because if I lost Ashton, I would also be gone.