Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 20

Isolde’s POV

It had been a month since I lost my child. The child that for so long I did not know I even cared about. I had turned to the only thing I knew to take my mind off of mourning the loss. I drank and killed at every chance I got. Kol and I had gone on a killing spree leaving nothing but carnage in our wake where ever we went. Niklaus on the other hand had been mourning in his own way by locking himself in our room barely speaking to anyone except to scream at them. Kol and I currently sat at the bar in the parlor where we had been since we woke this morning getting drunk.

Hearing the door open I turned my attention from the conversation we were having about traveling the world to the person responsible for interrupting. There stood Elijah. As his eyes landed on mine I turned my attention back to the bottle in front of me. Elijah being his noble, moral self had been trying to get us to end this madness for weeks now. I had no intention of stopping what I was doing because it is the only thing that kept me from becoming a weak, sniveling fool. I would not allow that. I was Isolde Salvatore Mikaelson. I was not weak and I sure as hell would not allow this to turn me into such.

Elijah’s hand shot out in front of me trying to grab the bottle of vodka and I quickly gripped his arm. “If you so much as touch that bottle Elijah I will rip your arm off and use your own hand to pull your heart from your chest.”

“Isolde, the two of you must end this and start being part of our family again not a psychotic band of miscreants. Isolde you barely even look at the man you love anymore. He has been locked in your room for a month and you act as if you do not care one bit. I am tired of cleaning up the mess that you are making.” He jerked his arm from me as he stood staring.

“Leave us be brother. If you grow so weary of cleaning our mess then do not do it.” Kol had not looked up from his glass as he spoke.

“And what will that do Kol? I leave the mess you create and the world will soon discover what we are.” El’s voice was hard and he was not backing down.

I stood squaring myself off with him, the man that been by my side for so many years. “What will you do if we do not stop Elijah? Will you dagger your brother and find a way to subdue me? You know very well that Niklaus would not allow you to touch me.”

He took a step closer to me before he spoke. “If that is what I must do then so be it. I will not stand by and let this chaos continue. I doubt at this point that Niklaus would come down to stop me if I chose to do so.”

“Do not think you can tell me what to do Elijah. You may be an Original but I am one of a kind.” I grabbed the front of his shirt and tossed him across the room into a wall.

He quickly recovered and was in front of me in an instant ready to attack. Kol and Nik stood between us as I smirked at him. Elijah’s fangs were bared as he glared at me and I began to laugh.

The smirk on my face never left as I looked to him. “What was that you were saying El?”

Niklaus turned to me a frown on his face. “Do not patronize him Isolde. He has every right to ask the two of you to stop what you are doing. We all have every right to ask you to bring back that part of you that has been gone in the last month.”

“What would you have me do Niklaus? Should I lock myself away in the room and become weak like you?” I knew my words would hurt him and I did regret it, but I knew what buttons to push to get the reaction I wanted from him.

I wanted the emotional pain I was feeling to become physical. The only person who I allowed to know this was Kol. He had been so helpful in these past weeks and never questioned me on anything I wanted. He was however slightly skeptical when I asked him to fight me and to make it hurt. Kol was not as strong as Niklaus but he did put up one hell of a fight and gave me what I wanted to feel, what I needed to feel. Niklaus had shut me out after the night everything happened and the only person I could turn to that did not look at me with pity in their eyes was Kol, my best friend, my confidant.

I knew I got it when his eyes changed and I was slammed against the wall as he screamed in my face. “I AM NOT WEAK!”

“Then what do you call it Nik? Shutting your wife out, locking yourself in a room while you paint and cry. I call it the way I see it and that is weak.” Using my right leg I kicked him off of me but he was right back in front of me.

“If you know what is good for you, you will shut your mouth Isolde.” His features were hard and his eyes lacked that sparkle they used to hold when he looked at me.

At this point I did not stop even though I knew I should have. “Or what Niklaus, you will run away like a coward and hide.”

The instants the words fell from my lips he had me against the wall but this time there was a searing pain in my chest. As my eyes traveled down I realized the cause of the pain. Nik had his hand rammed in my chest. Disbelief washed over my face as I looked back into his eyes. There was nothing there. No emotion, no regret for what he was doing. As he squeezed harder I let out another blood curdling scream. I wanted the pain but I never believed that my Nik would do this to me and not show that he cared about what he was doing. I looked to my right to see Elijah holding back an enraged Kol. My eyes pleaded with Kol to help me but I spoke no words.

“You will not speak to me in that manner do you hear me love? I am Niklaus Mikaelson, the big bad original hybrid. I fear no one. I am no coward and I am certainly not weak. I am mourning the loss of my child you evil, heartless woman. You never wanted that baby; you never wanted a family with me. Yes I have shut you out but it is what you want, is it not?” The slightly change happened in his eyes as he spoke.

Anyone other than me would have missed it. The slight sadness that was evident there only to me. My heart began to ache in a different way that was not from the pain of him gripping it. It hurt for him and the fact that I could not show the true way I was feeling. It ached for the amount of agony the love of my life was in. At this point a single tear made its way down my cheek. Upon catching sight of this Niklaus released the hold he had on me pulling his hand from me as his face filled with regret. He reached out to touch me but I pulled myself away from him.

As the hurt filled his face another tear fell from my eyes. “No it is not what I wanted Nik. I wanted you to comfort me but you were so wrapped up in your own agony that you could not see the pain I was in. I wanted that child just the same as you and the only person who has been here for me is your brother. The one that you all say is a self centered bastard. He had done everything to help me through this while you turned your back on me, the woman you supposedly love. Now if you will excuse me.”

Trying to push myself off the wall I stumbled slightly causing Niklaus to reach out. Pushing his hand away I grabbed on to Kol to steady myself before turning my head to look at Nik once more. His face was full of shame and regret but in this moment I did not care. He accused me of things I never would have thought of him. In this moment I questioned his love for me but it only lasted a moment as I reached his eyes. I patted Kol’s hand making him stop for a moment.

“I have not lost myself Niklaus; this is who I have always been. You are the one that has lost himself. Once you find that man again, the man who I feel for, you will know where to find me. Come Kol I need to change before we leave.” I wanted to hold him, I wanted to cry with him as I spoke those words but I refused myself the ability to show it.

Elijah stopped in front of us as we made our way to the door. “Isolde I am begging you to not do this to him.”

“I am doing nothing to him El. He is doing this to his self. He will see that what he is doing is not helping him and he will snap out of this state eventually. I am sorry Elijah but I must go now.” Placing a kiss on his soft cheek I gave a sad smile as I pulled away from him and then we were gone.

Kol and I had been gone for two days tearing through little towns along the way to our destination. We had made it here to New York earlier today and spent our afternoon shopping until night fell and it was time for the bloodshed to begin. I picked out the night club and Kol did his thing compelling everyone. Bodies fell one by one as we played games with the victims whose lives were in the palm of our hands. The door suddenly burst open and the voice that came from behind me made my world stop.

“Now love I told you it’s not nice to play with your food.” Nik’s smooth accent made me turn to face him.

The smirk formed on my face as I watched as his face changed as he ripped out a man’s throat. “Has the king returned?”

He flashed in front of me pulling me into the kiss that I had missed so much. “He has love.”

“Now the party has started.” Kol said as his smile faded and his fangs came back out.

Ripping through the rest of the people Kol and I ended up on the bar dancing and singing as we drank with Nik sitting back laughing at us. I looked at them, the two people I cared for more than anything. My heart still ached for my child but I knew now that my eternity would go on as long as I had them. With the Mikaelson family is where I had always belonged.