Enemies Can't Fall in Love

Meeting New People

Renesmee went over to me pulling me to the dance floor, she wanted to get away from some people an thought I was the perfect scapegoat. Renesmee:” Oh have you got to meet Grandpa Charlie or my new father in law, Billy?” I told her no, so she grabbed my hand whisking me off to where they were. Renesmee:” Grandpa, Dad….this is Adeline, Adeline this is Jake’s father, my new father in law, an Grandpa’s longtime friend Billy. And this handsome guy is Grandpa Charlie!” I smiled, stuck my hand out to shake theirs. Adeline:” It’s nice to meet the both of you finally. I’ve heard so much about you both.” Charlie:” So you’re this Adeline girl I’ve heard some much about. It’s good to finally meet you as well.” I apologized for my hands being so cold but they didn’t seem to care. Billy:” So you’re the one that’s dating young Seth?” Adeline:” Yes sir.” Billy:” Would you take me for some punch please, Adeline?” I nodded, pushing him over to the punch bowl area. Billy took a drink and then looked up at me, Billy:” I heard what happened during the fight with Seth and a few of the Cullens.” Adeline:” Who told you, the only one still there at the time aside from the Cullens was Leah. Jake ran away with Nessie as the fight broke out.” Billy:” Seth and Leah both told me. I confronted Carlisle about it, and he confirmed it. So, I commend you. Not only are you quite unique but I see how you love Seth and how he loves you. I wish you the best of luck, I’m sure you heard stories on how wolves and vampires are enemies, but that’s now changed. I never thought the two could fall for each other since wolves can’t stand the smell of your kind and your kind can’t stand the smell of them.” Adeline:” He’s the only wolf that doesn’t smell to me! Thanks Billy, that means a lot. I’ve heard stories about you so I was very nervous to meet you.” He smiled, he gently grabbed my hand for a moment before I brought him back to the table. I felt more at ease after meeting and talking with Billy, I went to find Seth. He was with his mom I believe, so I took a breath and walked over. He stood once he saw me, since he was in front of his mother she couldn’t tell that he was nervous from his face. Instead of kissing me on the lips he went for my cheek, Seth:” Adeline, I’d like to introduce you to our mother Sue, mom this is my Adeline.” I stuck my hand out for a handshake but instead she stood and pulled me into a hug. She asked me to sit, the first thing she wanted to know was how I saved Seth. I began explaining how it all had happened, reaching out to grab her hand to show her. Once she saw it she looked at me, Sue glanced at Leah then Seth, Sue:” Welcome to the family Adeline!” She hugged me once again and Seth as well as Leah both looked at her with a smile.