Enemies Can't Fall in Love

A Prize....For The Volturi

I looked at her with a smirk, I could feel that she was actually being nice an likes me sort of. Rosalie asked if I’d like for her to join me on a hunt to which I agreed. Adeline:” Wait, ah could the big guy come along too? I get the feeling that he doesn’t believe I took out a small pack of brown bears.” Rosalie laughed as she went and got Emmett. The three of us went hunting, on the way back I knew it would be soon that Aro would be there and I looked at them smirking. I smirked while I asked if they wanted to race back to the house. Emmett:” Oh, you’re so on!” We raced back, the moment we burst through the door I saw the man who must go by Aro, sitting on the couch looking extremely uncomfortable. He turned his attention to all of us, me especially and smiled. Whatever you do, don’t mention anything about Jasper and his fighting skills. As far as we know, Aro doesn’t know of them, Edward. Aro still wants both Edward and myself to join in. That’s probably why he’s here but to ask you or try and persuade you, Alice. I looked at them both and gave a slight nod. Carlisle looked at me and motioned for me to come into the room more then where I stopped. Once I did Aro got up, he looked at me with this intense creepy look. Aro:” Ah, you must be Adeline that I’ve heard a great deal about. I’ve come a long way to meet you an introduce myself to you.” Adeline:” Well I’m not much in a talking mood, but ok sure. Yes I’m Adeline, and you must me Aro. Pleased to make your acquaintance sir!.” I extended my hand to him, the moment he took it his other hand covered the top of it as he looked at me although he wasn’t actually looking at me. I shot a glance to both Edward and Alice for some help, Edward graciously and discreetly pointed to his head to which I gave a nod. Whenever he touches someone’s hand, he can see every thought that that person has ever had. That’s what he’s doing, he’s searching your thoughts, reading them much like you and I can, Edward. I still looked slightly confused, then brought my attention back to Aro right before he pulled his hands back smirking. Aro:” Hmm, yet another immune to me.” Carlisle looked rather surprised himself, he looked to Edward, You can read her right, Edward? Carlisle. Edward looked at me, then be turned back to Carlisle, Edward:” I can read some of her thoughts, then the rest is quiet. However thanks to my Bella and all the time I’ve spent with her, I can read her facial expressions, read into them…” Carlisle turned to Jasper who nodded, he turned to me and I smirked at him with my own crooked smile. He began to make me feel relaxed and calm, then turned his attention to Carlisle nodding. Really wish this creepy dude would leave. Having another one with red eyes around Nessie is enough. We don’t need him here again, Jake. I politely excused myself to Aro, turned my sights on Jake becoming angry with him. Just then, these flames shot out from my fingers. The moment Jasper saw and felt just how angry I was, he calmed me own instantly. I wanted to turn on him too, yell at him but just didn’t for Alice’s sake.
Aro had seen the flames, there was no hiding it. We could tell he was very intrigued and before we all knew it he grabbed my arm, pulled me out the house and gave me this insane glare that frightened me to my core. Plus since he’s the one that holds my fate, I didn’t dare put up a fight. I also didn’t put up a fight due to the Cullen’s sake. I didn’t want to endanger them anymore then I already have, so before we were out of sight I turned to look at them. I took in all their faces, I will try and come back, even if that means that I have to kill them to do so or they try to kill me. I will. Jake you better tell them that, Adeline. Strangely enough, just as Jake was about to say what she told him to say, Emmett was the one that blurted it out. Carlisle:” Remarkable. Both Edward and Aro can’t read her thoughts, yet Jacob and Emmett can. Jasper can influence her emotions and we all just witnessed the flames coming out from her hands. I do hope she does make it back and that she stays safe while in their care.” I heard what he said and smiled, I ran with Aro and as we got to Volterra he dragged me to these large chambers. Once I was pushed into the chambers, both Marcus and Caius stood up looking curiously and confused at him. Caius:” What’s the meaning of this brother?” Aro:” This is Adeline, that vampire we heard a great deal about. I can’t read her thoughts, Edward can only read some of them. I saw a very interesting thing she did moments ago….when she got very angry she had flames engulf her fingers but she did not burn or burst into flames. The flames were gone shortly after I saw them, I’m assuming she became angry with the mutt that was there and whatever he was thinking. She spun around to say something when the flames shot from her. I’ve brought her here to be of use or service to us.” I glare at them all, Adeline:” I won’t be of any kind of service to any of you if you except me or want me to slaughter innocent humans. I won’t do it and you definitely can’t make me either.”
The blonde one walked towards me, he had this smug “I’m king, you’ll do whatever I want you to do” look about him. Caius:” Oh, you’ll do what we want if you want to live. So you read minds and have flames shoot or come out of your fingers. Anything else you can do?” I looked at him with a smirk, Jasper showed me some things, so I used what he showed me as well as told me. I made Caius feel sick to his stomach, I noticed Marcus smirking. Marcus:” It would seem as though she possesses the power to influence others’ emotions.” Aro:” Adeline my child, please stop. I know Caius gets on peoples’ nerves, but you must stop now.” I looked at Aro focusing on him, on his mind. Hmm if we trick her somehow she’ll be of great value to us. If she can’t or we can’t use her, then she will be destroyed although I do wonder what else she is capable of, Aro. I glared at him with this twisted smirk, Adeline:” Hmm, trick me. Do you think you’re actually capable of such a daunting task sire?” He smirked in return, he realized the mind reading was stronger then he ha anticipated. He saw that my eyes had turned to black, Aro:” So I take it you’re a vegetarian, then?” I smirked nodding, Adeline:” Yes, if that means I don’t feed off innocents but animals instead, then yes.” Aro nodded slightly, Aro:” Demetri.” This vampire entered that I just couldn’t keep my eyes off. He stopped in front of Aro, Aro:” I’d like you to meet Adeline, Adeline this is Demetri. (I all to eager walked over to him and shook his hand) Demetri, I need you to take her hunting (turns to me) Be advised, you try to escape or get away from him, he’s a tracker, he’s the best. He will find you.” I looked at Demetri, sizing him up but I looked back to Aro shaking my head no. Aro:” What do you mean no?” Adeline:” I mean he can try all he wants, but I don’t think he’ll be able to track me.” Caius:” And why do you think that?” Adeline:” According to Carlisle, a tracker catches the essence of a person’s mind and then proceeds to track them. Much like a person’s scent. If he can’t track Bella Cullen because you, nor Edward can access her mind, I’m to believe the same goes for me. I’m not saying I’m a shield like her, but maybe I’m just an exception considering how you can’t read my mind and Edward can read parts of it.” I smirked at Aro, glared at Caius, as I stared back into Aro’s eyes I saw something that I think was some sort of vision….
Caius was angering me, acting all high and mighty. The power trip he’s on is something else, demanding, demanding me to cower down and do what they say. He kept informing me that if I don’t he won’t hesitate to destroy me. I was growing very angry, the flames sprouted from my fingers and crawled up my arms, before I knew it I was running at him. I came up from behind him where I used my strength to rip his head off which I did. I tossed his head aside, took one flamed hand and shoved it into the spot where his head once was. I let my anger take over, run out through me so his body basically burned from the inside out again. Marcus was still seated in his throne chair when Demetri finally moved going around him. Once Marcus’ head was off I did the same to him as I had done to Caius, setting him on fire. Once both Demetri and I turned our attention to Aro he looked utterly shocked and scared. As we slowly walked towards him he began walking backwards. Aro:” No please, I will allow you to leave. You can leave and return wherever you’d like to. Go back to the Cullens if that’s what you wish.” I smirked at him, Adeline:” Hmm, did you hear that Demetri….I am allowed to leave, oh I have permission to leave. (corners Aro) You see Aro, I don’t need permission to leave because I will no matter what. I’ve a problem to tend to however.” Before Aro knew it both Demetri and I bit each side of his neck, pulled his head off. Demetri stood holding Aro’s head while I set his body on fire, both of us standing back watching…