Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 10 - Admissions

Callie’s POV

I walked into the house ready to tell Lisa everything that happened with Daniel but it turned out that my cousin had news of her own.

"It’s not what it looks like" she told me as she started buttoning her shirt.

I nodded my head as I tried to hold in a laugh. “You missed a few buttons” I informed her as she gave up on fixing her top.

"OK fine. It is what it looks like" she admitted as she looked at Fernando.

"I should uhm leave" he mumbled as he pulled his pants up and collect his shoes. "I’ll call you" he told Lisa before closing the door behind him.

As soon as it shut I turned to her and raised an eyebrow.

"I’m waiting" I teased her as she slowly started getting dressed.

"What do you wanna know? Because you’re obviously smart enough to figure out what happened" she stated before walking to the kitchen.

"But how did it happen?" I said as I followed behind her.

"Well for a Dr. I’m surprised you need me to narrate all of this. So when a man and a woman are naked they…" she began but I gave her a look.

"If you asking me why I slept with him the answer is… I don’t know. I mean one minute we were laughing and enjoying the game and the next minute he drops me off here, I ask him in for coffee and well… you know"

"He got some dessert?" I tease her but she gives me a look.

"What about Juan?" I ask her while she makes us some tea.

From the silence, I could tell that she hadn’t thought that far.

"Are you gonna tell him?" I ask her as she places a cup in front of me.

"I have too" she informs me in between sips of her beverage.

We both sit in silence as we think about what has just happened.

"How’s Daniel?" she questions after a few minutes.

"He's going to be out of action for six months so not good" I tell her without looking her in the eye.

"And you?"

"What about me?"

"Don’t play dumb Callie. I saw how you reacted when you found out that he was injured. You were worried more than Juelz was" she told me as I looked at anything but her.

"I think I like him" I whispered out.

"You think or you know?" she questioned, forcing me to look at her.

"I know I like him but I also know that nothing can happen"

She took a deep breath at my admission before finally speaking.

"Who would have guessed that 4 months into your Liverpool adventure you’d find yourself falling for a footballer" she teased as I let out a giggle.

"Yeah. I know. I feel like I’ve failed at the one target I set myself" I admitted as a yawn escaped my lips.

"Callie you can’t tell your heart how to feel. Trust me I know" she answered honestly as she looked at her cup.

"Hey everything will work itself out. One day we be sitting here and laughing at how ridiculous it was that we thought we could have healthy and successful relationships with footballers" I teased as I took one final sip.

"You promise?"

"I promise" I answered back, not sure if I was trying to convince myself or her.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...